ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty amazing how bad B1G offenses are

https://twitter.com/CFBRep
@CFBRep

The worst P5 Scoring Offenses in CFB (through week 9) 1. Michigan State (18.0 PPG) 2. Indiana (18.6 PPG) 3. Iowa (19.5 PPG) 4. Arizona St (19.6 PPG) 5. Nebraska (20.3 PPG) 6. Illinois (20.4 PPG) 7. Minnesota (21.1 PPG) 8. Utah (21.3 PPG) 9. Northwestern (21.8 PPG) 10. Purdue (21.9 PPG)
Maybe it is really good defenses in the BIG?

Rutgers is actually rated in the top 10 in total defense and 13 in scoring defense.
There’s four (and I agree, as Schiano is a really good coach). And I think Iowa and Wisconsin are at least in the Rutgers territory. But us, Purdue, MSU, Mindy, NU, , Maryland, Nebraska? Average to bad.

Reactions: vesuvius13
There's way too many crappy teams in this conference. The 4 new Pac teams will beat up on most of the existing B1G teams outside of OSU, Michigan, PSU.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Lots of shitty coaches???? Paid lots of money!! LOL

I would have to say that Tom Allen is the worst coach in the entire conference. Okay…possibly tied with Harlan Barnett. My Ranking:

1. Day
2. Ferentz
3..Harbaugh
4. Fickell
5. P.J Fleck
6. Schiano
7.. Franklin
8. Rhule
9. Bielema
10.. Bruan
11. Locksley
12. Walters
13. Barnett
14. Allen.

Feel free to rearrange. Looking at it not necessary who is the best team this year but which coaches maximize what they have.

Half the conference in the Top 25 in scoring defense. Come on give it up. You have stated your opinion but as you like to say Facts matter.
To be fair, most of those defensive stats are from playing a lot of these horrible offenses in-conference. I'd venture to guess, among however few actual Big 10 against another P5 matchups there have been this season, the bad offensive teams in the Big 10 have been at or below their averages and the alleged "great" defenses have allowed far more than their season averages.

Those games will be hard to find, though, given how many cupcakes the Big 10 schools like to line up outside of conference play. OSU going to ND was an exception. IU playing Louisville has turned out to be another. MSU lost to Washington. That's about it. Not many others. Penn State sure didn't, and I would submit that is definitely the reason for their inflated defensive stats. They got gouged pretty good by OSU (and even us, relative to what we normally had been generating). Their only other "top" conference matchup so far has been...Iowa. We'll see how they hold up, with Maryland and Michigan coming up the next two weeks.

To be fair, most of those defensive stats are from playing a lot of these horrible offenses in-conference. I'd venture to guess, among however few actual Big 10 against another P5 matchups there have been this season, the bad offensive teams in the Big 10 have been at or below their averages and the alleged "great" defenses have allowed far more than their season averages.

Those games will be hard to find, though, given how many cupcakes the Big 10 schools like to line up outside of conference play. OSU going to ND was an exception. IU playing Louisville has turned out to be another. MSU lost to Washington. That's about it. Not many others. Penn State sure didn't, and I would submit that is definitely the reason for their inflated defensive stats. They got gouged pretty good by OSU (and even us, relative to what we normally had been generating). Their only other "top" conference matchup so far has been...Iowa. We'll see how they hold up, with Maryland and Michigan coming up the next two weeks.
I think this is the old which came first the chicken or the egg?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT