ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: Indiana @ Ohio State

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
At noon on Saturday, Indiana travels to Columbus Ohio. Ohio State has issues and so does IU. Their starting freshman whats-his-name is out for mental reasons. I wish him luck. Freshman year can be tough and there is lots of pressure on these young adults.

Indiana doesn't travel well. They don't hit from outside and they don't play focused on the road.

Seems that they aren't tough. The opponents clobber them and IU wilts.

But Indiana already beat OSU. No problem.

Indiana 72; OSU 70

You can bet on it

But I won't.

This all comes down to one thing: Will IU look to feed the post consistently and not get into the stuff they did the other night at Penn State - putting up outside shots outside of the offense?

If they do? IU 68, OSU 60.

If they don’t? :eek:

Another beat down, more excuses, more bad play from Devonte Green, Fpaw starts barking that Holtman is better than Archie, TMP, Twenty and Aloha tell the haters they are idiots/ in other words nothing changes.
Bucks 67- Good Guys 60.

Another beat down, more excuses, more bad play from Devonte Green, Fpaw starts barking that Holtman is better than Archie, TMP, Twenty and Aloha tell the haters they are idiots/ in other words nothing changes.
Bucks 67- Good Guys 60.
Not quite. Win or lose, you and a few others will still be idiots.

Edit to add IU by 7.

Last edited:
It's a funny game and has been a funny year. Stranger things have happened so I'm going out on a limb...

IU 71 - OSU 67

Don't hold your breaths on this one and certainly refrain from putting any money down, based upon my gut feelings, but remember, I told you so!

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Hoosiers 72, buckeyes 59.

Brunk and Phinisee with big games. Incidentally, phin seemed to penetrate with ease versus PSU, but they resulted in missed layups. Look for him to be very aggressive on the drive, but the difference being that he finishes in this one. OSU is toast, and I don’t think they make the tourney.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Bucks 67- Good Guys 60.
So a couple of chest bumps coming just not sure from who yet?

IU drops to 1-5 on the road, have to see how much Carton leaving the team affects Ohio St.

If Carton were playing I’d pick tOSU by 20 or so. Without him perhaps we’ll play like we can but usually don’t and win by ??

60-50 IU but I wouldn’t bet on it!

Going old school today and listening only. This team kills me to watch too frequently to chance a coronary event. Maybe this change will key a victory! Thank me later:)

Reactions: .Gerdis
I just don't understand why any poster would realistically think IU had a shot at winning this game on the road? What have they done this year (or any of the last 5 or more) to make someone predict an IU victory!? They are a high school team on the road. No chance of any road victories, none . At home yes they are competitive, but on the road you can guarantee they will lose, and generally lose big.

Reactions: bailey777
I just don't understand why any poster would realistically think IU had a shot at winning this game on the road? What have they done this year (or any of the last 5 or more) to make someone predict an IU victory!? They are a high school team on the road. No chance of any road victories, none . At home yes they are competitive, but on the road you can guarantee they will lose, and generally lose big.
Archie is clearly not the guy. Not even close.

Reactions: Hoosierific
We believe you...when you state you don't understand. Like a poster before you in this thread stated...they already won on the road in the B1G.

And besides, why would any poster realistically think that IU had no shot at winning? Heh, really? No shot? Funny, please post more.

Archie is clearly not the guy. Not even close.
Yeah, preseason projected as 10th or so in the B1G. Right how projected higher than that.

Wish they did win lots more. Archie has only had 2 full recruiting seasons, why not let this season play out?

I believe his teams get better, just keep going with the negativity, but it doesn't seem to reflect what is really happening here.

Yeah, preseason projected as 10th or so in the B1G. Right how projected higher than that.

Wish they did win lots more. Archie has only had 2 full recruiting seasons, why not let this season play out?

I believe his teams get better, just keep going with the negativity, but it doesn't seem to reflect what is really happening here.
Think about what you’re defending and what you’re “wishing” for . . . That’s not the basis for a successful program.

His teams get better? What teams?

There has been zero evidence of that here in 3 years. In fact, they get worse over the course of a season.

I have a hundred bucks that says they’ll win in the road before the end of the season. Want to bet?

There has been zero evidence of that here in 3 years. In fact, they get worse over the course of a season.
Not true. They obviously got better as the season went on the first season. They had the very bad stretch last season, but played well at the end of the season. This season isn’t over.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine

Yeah, Archie had Newkirk as PG the first year. Let's blame Archie for year #1. Yeah he had Phin a freshman who was under protocol in year two as PG and players had to play out of position. But let's blame Archie. This year isn't played out and they are overachieving according to projections.

And let's ignore how his teams did in Dayton.

Why not? It fits your agenda.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT