ADVERTISEMENT

Predicting Starters at FIU

I will say this. He won scout team player of the week late in the season vs. Illinois. That’s interesting if he were hurt significantly.
I guess my only theory on that is, he couldn't beat out the starters and they didn't want to take a chance on a repeat injury that might require more surgery. I think the coaches knew then that we would be very inexperienced at LB this year. So, they gave him reps on the scout team and save him from further damage in games? Just a theory. It's odd, because I thought he was the next heir apparent when he played.

I guess my only theory on that is, he couldn't beat out the starters and they didn't want to take a chance on a repeat injury that might require more surgery. I think the coaches knew then that we would be very inexperienced at LB this year. So, they gave him reps on the scout team and save him from further damage in games? Just a theory. It's odd, because I thought he was the next heir apparent when he played.
He’s consistently been a good practice player. I’m not shocked that he won scout player of the week this past year, because he was the scout defensive player of the year when I was there. So I had high hopes for Jones. However, if a guy is practicing at that high of a level, he could play in the game if you had confidence in him/needed him. Jones has all of the tools to be a good linebacker. It needs to translate to games. He can run, cover, hit, play in space. Not sure why it hasn’t translated.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
Exactly...Hale is not built for slot the guy is 6'4". Timian fits perfect there. So everyone disputing Hale over Timian at slot was a head scratcher for me. Whop fits that small guy mold too. There are also a couple of RB's who were good at catching passes that could fit the slot position.

Fryfogle could be another guy to see plenty of playing time at WR.

Check out this Tronti rope to Felton. Also some TE getting work Austin and Bonner. :)

Wondered who that was #16 catching the ball...Felton. Maybe he'll be a "worked his way to a Scholly" guy in the fall? In same clip later on Ramsey pass, noticed how well he led him...Bonner (or Austin?) didn't have to break stride. That to me is area of strength for him - short game in the pocket and how to lead receivers like that.

Reactions: ESalum86
Wondered who that was #16 catching the ball...Felton. Maybe he'll be a "worked his way to a Scholly" guy in the fall? In same clip later on Ramsey pass, noticed how well he led him...Bonner (or Austin?) didn't have to break stride. That to me is area of strength for him - short game in the pocket and how to lead receivers like that.
What I like about Tronti is how fast he gets rid of the ball. Quick release! Excited for the spring game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT