ADVERTISEMENT

POTMFB

Would love it, but with Purdue coming off 2 close losses, combined with IU’s invertebrate nature, anything better than a 10-12 point loss would be a serious surprise to me.

If X was our 3rd guard option, and Galloway was a 3rd-stringer, I’d feel differently about the roster.

The raw talent/athleticism is just not impressive. It was enough to go dancing in a field of 64 with better coaching. But . . . it’s not enough to beat a team with a lottery pick at their place on senior day, having already nipped them once.

Also, Woodson’s in-game coaching is so mediocre that even casual fans can point out the mistakes that he has never corrected over the course of 30+ games.

I really hope the incoming class fulfills its potential (unlike complete whiffs like Lander), or IU will be going for 7 consecutive years with no NCAAM next March.

I have no idea how the program has been able to fall to these levels. I used to be more of a Polly. Then I stopped lying to myself.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Would love it, but with Purdue coming off 2 close losses, combined with IU’s invertebrate nature, anything better than a 10-12 point loss would be a serious surprise to me.

If X was our 3rd guard option, and Galloway was a 3rd-stringer, I’d feel differently about the roster.

The raw talent/athleticism is just not impressive. It was enough to go dancing in a field of 64 with better coaching. But . . . it’s not enough to beat a team with a lottery pick at their place on senior day, having already nipped them once.

Also, Woodson’s in-game coaching is so mediocre that even casual fans can point out the mistakes that he has never corrected over the course of 30+ games.

I really hope the incoming class fulfills its potential (unlike complete whiffs like Lander), or IU will be going for 7 consecutive years with no NCAAM next March.

I have no idea how the program has been able to fall to these levels. I used to be more of a Polly. Then I stopped lying to myself.

Sounds like you need to find something else with your time.

Sounds like you need to find something else with your time.

Funny you mention that - most games I just check the score at half and afterward. I’ve noticed that I’m really not missing the games at all. That apathy is not a true reflection of my underlying concern/passion for the program.

It’s a reflection of the product the last 6 years and beyond.

I'd agree with everything but your assessment of Lander. He will prove you wrong in the end. He has NBA handle and speed, just needs to learn how to use it at this level. He will be good when given the chance to fail and still start the next game, but he's never had that. It's just plain old eye test, he has it within him, he needs a chance and to have more skin in the game than the two minutes he might get subbing for lesser talents

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT