ADVERTISEMENT

POTFB

HoosierJimbo89

All-American
Nov 27, 2010
Time to win a Bucket and go to a Bowl game! The mojo is in IU's favor: the game is in Bloomington, need to win one for Bill Mallory, and Brohm is a national distraction. IU can end PU's season without a Bowl and send Brohm to Louisville with an L. 5 out of 6: make it so!

Last edited:
Wow, Purdue loses in three OT after losing double digit lead with 9+ min left.

I thought you were joking... That's hilarious. Wisconsin was missing both their QB & their All American right tackle... Couldn't have happened to a finer group of folk... ;)

This is a great end to the season in the making for sure. Cannot be cocky, but be aggressive and focused and play with the heat they did today, and I think they will be fine!

I thought you were joking... That's hilarious. Wisconsin was missing both their QB & their All American right tackle... Couldn't have happened to a finer group of folk... ;)
I couldn't believe it when I saw it, either. They had the game in the bag the whole day...well, almost the whole day.

Reactions: 76-1
Me too...a lot actually! It’s the Bucket game I wanted (if we hadn’t already won 6) for the trifecta: Bucket, Bowl & Bye Bye Brohm parting gift!

It will be interesting to see how each team reacts to giving up a lead. I like IUs chances to win 5 of 6.

It'll be announced this week that Brohm is going to UL. Be interesting how the team reacts.

It'll be announced this week that Brohm is going to UL. Be interesting how the team reacts.

I'm hoping they overpay to keep him...

He's the perfect face of pu athletics: a goofy looking a.h. with an attitude...

They could use his image to update "pete"...;)

It is a defeatist attitude to not want to play against the best. Some of the comment here just might have gotten many a moniker in the Marines you just don't want to have. I really don't get or like this perspective that we need our rival to lose a good coach so we can beat them. So very...well...sissy...

But each to their own demise...

I hope their coach stays for a long long time...wins every game they play, except when they play us. Every Oaken Bucket a National event. Winner take all...isn't that what rivalry games are about?

Guess I'm getting too old for this venue...

Reactions: BNIBoiler
It is a defeatist attitude to not want to play against the best. Some of the comment here just might have gotten many a moniker in the Marines you just don't want to have. I really don't get or like this perspective that we need our rival to lose a good coach so we can beat them. So very...well...sissy...

But each to their own demise...

I hope their coach stays for a long long time...wins every game they play, except when they play us. Every Oaken Bucket a National event. Winner take all...isn't that what rivalry games are about?

Guess I'm getting too old for this venue...

The only scenario I can stomach in which Purdue wins every game they play, except against us in the Bucket game as you suggest, would have to include us being undefeated National Champions in the process. Purdue fan is insufferable when they have a modicum of relative success, I couldn't imagine how bad it would be if they actually had a legitimate reason to be such pains in the arses. For the past 12 months our little half brothers thrice removed to the north have been pontificating and praising Brohm as if he was the second coming of Rockne or Bryant, Hayes or Schembechler. I take the Ivan Drago approach to the possibility of Brohm moving on to CCoL....if he goes, he goes. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Purdue Athletics for what they are, just so long as what they are is sufficiently inferior to us.

And no, you aren't too old for this venue, there are more than a few of us old far.....errr distinguished gentlemen of a certain age. I am old enough to remember travelling to away games in West Laffy, before there were smart phones and GPS and interstate highway systems. We would just hitch the cart to the mule, head north til we smelled it and west til we stepped in it. Now that's not to say Purdue's campus is ugly, it's very nostalgic...in a Soviet gulag in the winter kind of way. And the women are a sight to behold, wide as they are tall, perfect to keep you warm on what seems to be never ending nuclear winter-like nights. And while there is plenty of room to store your mule and cart while you're there, be sure to keep at least one eye on that mule, because every male from West Laffy will have had both eyes on it since you arrived. You know the old saying....Purdue, where men are men and livestock is nervous? Well, it's got more than a bit of truth to it. Animal Husbandry isn't just coursework, it's a lifestyle choice.

But I digress....In closing just understand that the rivalry means different things to different folks, but for me and both the household I grew up in and the household I raised my kids in we all had two favorite teams...IU and whoever is playing Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT