ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Tracker

Found this from Tony Adragna. Has some pretty good statistic info as well as links to game film that he's put together showing their recognized strengths. Pretty good stuff.

good link

if Woodson doesn't pull his head out of his _____ and adapt/change, it won't matter who comes in to play

I continue to believe HE is the problem NOT the guys on the court

Found this from Tony Adragna. Has some pretty good statistic info as well as links to game film that he's put together showing their recognized strengths. Pretty good stuff.

... that's scary, i think i designed it on whim in my own head in another thread, not knowing this existed, but yet, i bet works just as i thought it could if the university had their own "iu" branded one, which i'm sure exists for the ath dept

good link

if Woodson doesn't pull his head out of his _____ and adapt/change, it won't matter who comes in to play

I continue to believe HE is the problem NOT the guys on the court
Well then you lack knowledge of basketball. Our obvious problem is not having an on ball guards to stop fast athletic guards and desperately need some shooters

Last edited:
Well then you lack knowledge of basketball. Our obvious problem is not having an on ball guards to stop fast athletic guards and desperately need some shooters
lol, so it has nothing to do with attitude and effort? Making FT’s, rebounding, taking care
of the ball? This team is poorly coached and it is not hard to see

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMobe and GThomas
lol, so it has nothing to do with attitude and effort? Making FT’s, rebounding, taking care
If the ball? This team is poorly coached and it is not hard to see
Attitude helps make 3s? Does it make you faster and better shooter? Does it make you more athletic?
I don’t see the glaring coaching issue you see. I see a personnel issue as I mentioned before. Have ever even played the game? I played in the California high schoool championships, college ball in Indiana and professionally overseas. Never thought Xs and Os were the issue, it’s the Jimmys and Joes.

Reactions: Lillyr66
Attitude helps make 3s? Does it make you faster and better shooter? Does it make you more athletic?
I don’t see the glaring coaching issue you see. I see a personnel issue as I mentioned before. Have ever even played the game? I played in the California high schoool championships, college ball in Indiana and professionally overseas. Never thought Xs and Os were the issue, it’s the Jimmys and Joes.
What was the issue last year then?? Miami blew IU out and IU was not lacking talent. St Mary’s the year before…
Also attitude and effort is a major issue with this team.
Is fletcher Loyer more athletic than Galloway? I also question your IQ if you don’t see a coaching issue. Hell this team has 3 5 star recruits and one being a 1st rounder. Also we have Woody constructing this roster. If you think he is a good coach you have to at least question his ability to for a college roster.

Also if all you mention is true why are you on an IU board?

Reactions: birdforbogey
What was the issue last year then?? Miami blew IU out and IU was not lacking talent. St Mary’s the year before…
Also attitude and effort is a major issue with this team.
Is fletcher Loyer more athletic than Galloway? I also question your IQ if you don’t see a coaching issue. Hell this team has 3 5 star recruits and one being a 1st rounder. Also we have Woody constructing this roster. If you think he is a good coach you have to at least question his ability to for a college roster.

Also if all you mention is true why are you on an IU board?
I think this team had never been in the tourney or had very successful B1G seasons prior to Woody. It often takes some baby steps to instill a winning confidence in a team like that. At St Mary’s I believe the road schedule took a major impact in preparation and the teams legs. Miami was one of those athletic teams that are terrible matchups for our weaknesses. I’ve lost count of when X played in our post seasons. As far as recruiting goes he has recruited XJ, TG, MM, MR, KW, LM, JHS and host of others who haven’t really panned out. He started by getting X, JHS, TG, CJGand MK etc to complement what he inherited in RT and TJD. Then he makes bigs a priority after RT, TJD leave and gets Ware, MM, JS etc. seems logical. What he didn’t plan for was Xs injuries, JHS one and done, Newton still broken and that he would have to rely on Cupps and TG and AL to play guard with an occasional diminished X. Who would have thought guys like Geranimo, Banks, CJG, Scoup etc would all be busts.
For the record I also barked at the moon during Davis, Sampson, Crean and Miller were not getting it done or playing Indiana style of ball and culture. I’m not a fan of NIL or the portal with few restrictions. I also long to develop players over 4 years and resemble the teams of the past we all loved. I just had life take me to the other side of the world and little opportunity to be my usual impatient fan, happy to voice my displeasure. When I returned to the US in summer of 2019 I was excited to have a “ Knight guy “ as coach. I did however realize when my son who is now 30 was playing elite AAU ball. (They lost in the Adidas 64 semifinal to IMG by 8 just for perspective ) We had no sponsor other than my Dad and we got our uniforms from Under Armor as they first we’re entering the bball market. We got hooked up with Under Armor by either RMK, PK or CB or all of them. IMG was an Adidas team in an Adidas tournament. It was eye opening to me to see the influence shoe money, had over the recruiting and control of top recruits. I also watch players leave more structured style of offense teams to join teams playing more NBA type sets.
If you look at the model for Duke, Kansas etc used prior to NIl you saw all the steady stream of top recruits looks like. I finally sadly came to the conclusion that in todays world having a former RMK player, his favorite none the less with pro experience and contacts in the NBA who happens to be black and related to players better than our recent coaches could be a good thing. I had seen in elite AAU the desire for players and their family and advisors to run pro sets in college. I haven’t been overly concerned with his Xs and Os. Recruiting and player assessment could use a little work but that happens to programs all the time…. Including RMK especially in his time at TTU and I never doubted RMKs ability to assess players. I don’t really have a problem with the reasonable questioning of his ways but the over the top 20+ years of anger spewed in every form of media and personal attacks are bullshit and definitely adds no value. Even if he doesn’t pan out I don’t like seeing us eat our own, especially so publicly. I’m on these boards because my Dad passed away in 2021 and I haven’t lived in Indiana since the 80s. I have no Indiana banter or source of information anymore. I still have relationships so on occasional catch ups I often get inside information and I keep it to myself for obvious reasons. I’ve put myself out on this board like I never did before because I’ve been so disheartened in the dysfunction or our program. I completely understand the anger. I just had the luxury of being removed while overseas for the madness and on returned I was shocked at how rabidly dysfunctional we had become. Felt that if my Dad was still alive he would feel the same and would speak out. Sorry for the long response you just asked a lot of questions and wanted to explain myself and my motivation. I relate to all of you but it’s like watching your friend get behind a wheel shitfaced. Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
1711437927678.png

Was Woodson on ESPN this week..

He played JV in the PLAC or something like that. But he used to watch the Bob Knight Show.

Reactions: Thcgh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT