ADVERTISEMENT

Portal studs everywhere

The coaches blew it. Get to see it everyday. Damask and Storr. Nebraska, Wisky, and Illinois cleaned up. To have an empty scholarship in this era is a huge mistake.
Illinois had an open scholarship.. which according to you is a big mistake... do better research, quit making shit up to fit your crybaby narrative.

Plus, the players we did get in the portal have mostly done well and unlike Illinois none of our transfers from last year or this year is being investigated for rape ..

Obviously, not getting a 2 in the portal has been costly, huge miss by the staff. That's old news. Do you have any other obvious points to make .. or are you posting because you need a hug and a plug..

Illinois had an open scholarship.. which according to you is a big mistake... do better research, quit making shit up to fit your crybaby narrative.

Plus, the players we did get in the portal have mostly done well and unlike Illinois none of our transfers from last year or this year is being investigated for rape ..

Obviously, not getting a 2 in the portal has been costly, huge miss by the staff. That's old news. Do you have any other obvious points to make .. or do are you posting because you need a hug and a plug..
Shannon transferred last year. You must love losing to Nebraska. How is that for a narrative. Quit making excuses for a staff that has unlimited resources. We couldn't use Brice Williams because he shoots to well from 3. Woodson needs to shorten the bench and fix the defense or change it. It's not that hard. Stop playing Banks and Gunn so much. They need to be much better. Play Leal and Cupps.

Shannon transferred last year. You must love losing to Nebraska. How is that for a narrative. Quit making excuses for a staff that has unlimited resources. We couldn't use Brice Williams because he shoots to well from 3. Woodson needs to shorten the bench and fix the defense or change it. It's not that hard. Stop playing Banks and Gunn so much. They need to be much better. Play Leal and Cupps.
hey rainbows and roses for TMP. Dont be critical of the team or you are a whiny ass.

Obviously, not getting a 2 in the portal has been costly, huge miss by the staff. That's old news. Do you have any other obvious points to make .. or are you posting because you need a hug and a plug..
The board asshole doing his thing!!

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
The coaches blew it. Get to see it everyday. Damask and Storr. Nebraska, Wisky, and Illinois cleaned up. To have an empty scholarship in this era is a huge mistake.
There were ll kinds of portal guards to get. Woodson just whiffed. Not sure this spring will be any better.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Totally agree on Gunn and Banks. Unfortunately, Leal and Cupps aren’t a better option. A year 3 Cupps would help. A year 1 Cupps is ineffective in numerous ways. And it isn’t his fault that he has been thrown into this mess as a freshman needing lots of development. A diminished X certainly hasn’t helped. Still have a sliver of hope for him, since him and TG are all we have.

Totally agree on Gunn and Banks. Unfortunately, Leal and Cupps aren’t a better option. A year 3 Cupps would help. A year 1 Cupps is ineffective in numerous ways. And it isn’t his fault that he has been thrown into this mess as a freshman needing lots of development. A diminished X certainly hasn’t helped. Still have a sliver of hope for him, since him and TG are all we have.
I have been impressed with Leal's play. He can give us minutes without stupid fouls and dumb shots. We put Nebraska on the line because of stupid fouls. Cupps can do the same.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I have been impressed with Leal's play. He can give us minutes without stupid fouls and dumb shots. We put Nebraska on the line because of stupid fouls. Cupps can do the same.
Leal would play 15+ minutes a game at Wisky and would be very productive.

I’m torn….i don’t want IU to be a Wisconsin type program. I think there’s a ceiling there that I wouldn’t want IU basketball having. But man, they sure are solid. And they do it with A LOT less talent than we have.

I’m torn….i don’t want IU to be a Wisconsin type program. I think there’s a ceiling there that I wouldn’t want IU basketball having. But man, they sure are solid. And they do it with A LOT less talent than we have.
It needs to be done for this year.

Well our ceiling is the sweet 16 the last 21 years.

Doesn't seem possible to me to get from where we are back to elite without spending some time at "solid" ?
Good point and I agree from a sustainability point of view.
However, that one guy can change a basketball program much more than one guy influences other sports.

Can't believe you said that. Wisconsin has really good smart talent year after year
IMHO of course

Reactions: LetsGoRed!
Not possible. He’d play there because he’d be solid in their system. Woody needs guys like Olidipo, OG maybe, Morgan would be good for Woody, Yogi would have been good with Woody as his coach, etc…
what's happened with Essegian this year? I really liked him, and was excited when I heard the rumors he might be interested in coming to IU, and now he's barely playing there.

what's happened with Essegian this year? I really liked him, and was excited when I heard the rumors he might be interested in coming to IU, and now he's barely playing there.
He was hurt. Had a big game today.

Not possible. He’d play there because he’d be solid in their system. Woody needs guys like Olidipo, OG maybe, Morgan would be good for Woody, Yogi would have been good with Woody as his coach, etc…
You understand you named players with inherent toughness. Woody definitely needs players that have that drive or toughness as part of their DNA. Not those that need it "coached" into them. It's hard to do, and Woody certainly isn't the type of coach that can bring that out of a laid-back player.

I’m your huckleberry
Actually, it's huckle bearer. Assisting in carrying a coffin.Doc saying he would be more than happy to0 carry Johnny Ringo's coffin and have him buried. The film misinterpreted the real meaning by using huckleberry.

Last edited:
Reactions: bsmitty08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT