ADVERTISEMENT

Portal news - 2024...

Looks like we picked up a right handed pitcher from USI named Gavin Seebold. Cerney is draft eligible but playing on cape with cotuit assume he’ll be back and I agree that Pyne would be most likely to come back after him
RHP Gavin Seebold appeared in 16 games for USI and started 10 games with a 7-2 record. His ERA this past season was 3.93 in 71.0 IP (most innings on the staff) and he had 58 Ks to 18 BBs and an OBA of .255.

He's from Jeffersonville, IN, and he was a transfer to USI from Eastern Kentucky. He redshirted in both the 2021 and 2022 seasons, so he had some injury problems early on with USI, but given the innings pitched this past season, he is past the injuries.

RHP Gavin Seebold appeared in 16 games for USI and started 10 games with a 7-2 record. His ERA this past season was 3.93 in 71.0 IP (most innings on the staff) and he had 58 Ks to 18 BBs and an OBA of .255.

He's from Jeffersonville, IN, and he was a transfer to USI from Eastern Kentucky. He redshirted in both the 2021 and 2022 seasons, so he had some injury problems early on with USI, but given the innings pitched this past season, he is past the injuries.

Looks like an improvement… really nice record at 7-2. 58K to 18 walks is better than 3 Ks to 1 walk.

Reactions: jseebold

Thanks all. This is Gavin’s dad. We are so excited to be a part of Hoosier baseball. Looking forward to the upcoming season. It’s going to be a fun one! Gavin will work hard and represent the university in a positive way. Can’t wait!

Thanks all. This is Gavin’s dad. We are so excited to be a part of Hoosier baseball. Looking forward to the upcoming season. It’s going to be a fun one! Gavin will work hard and represent the university in a positive way. Can’t wait!
Welcome. This is a strong program and like all baseball pitching is key to maintaining and hopefully strengthening that component. From one Red Devil to another let me say this is UNmonitored fan site and frequently comments can be overly negative.

Welcome. This is a strong program and like all baseball pitching is key to maintaining and hopefully strengthening that component. From one Red Devil to another let me say this is UNmonitored fan site and frequently comments can be overly negative.
Understood. I’m familiar with how message boards work for all schools lol. It’s part of it and won’t take it personal. Gavin will be a great ambassador for IU and will always give his all. I’m sure there will be frustrating moments and things will get said in the heat of battle but it’s all part of it. Let’s just try to finish the season in Omaha and it will all be fine :).

Freshman LHP Ryan Rushing out of Bradenton FL and the IMG Academy, has entered the portal. He appeared in nine games for IU, all in relief, and had an ERA of 9.82 in 11.0 IP and a WHIP of 2.18 with an OBA of .262. He had 10 Ks to 13 BBs. Wish Ryan the best at his next school.

Today is the last day to enter the portal and be eligible to play next season. It may take a couple of days for names of players entering the portal at the last minute to show up.

Reactions: jseebold
Freshman LHP Ryan Rushing out of Bradenton FL and the IMG Academy, has entered the portal. He appeared in nine games for IU, all in relief, and had an ERA of 9.82 in 11.0 IP and a WHIP of 2.18 with an OBA of .262. He had 10 Ks to 13 BBs. Wish Ryan the best at his next school.

Today is the last day to enter the portal and be eligible to play next season. It may take a couple of days for names of players entering the portal at the last minute to show up.
I'm not going to jinx anything, but I'm glad the deadline is today and...well, I won't jinx it.

Thanks for the update. Also, reminder that if someone’s coach leaves they get 30 days from that date instead of the July 2nd date. Shouldn’t effect anyone from IU entering the portal but could mean other players could still enter from other schools.

Reactions: ptrich

I saw 64analytics tweet saying he’s out of the portal today but didn’t say to where

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT