Poll: Breakout freshman for IU this year

Name your breakout freshman

• Jordan Geronimo

• Trey Galloway

• Kristian Lander

• Anthony Leal

• None this season.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I haven't felt truly 'comfortable' with anyone at the FT line, late in the game- when it counts- since Yogi his Sr season. This yr, I'd say, if anyone...goes to Durham. He's probably the most consistent, and the most experienced.

Like you said, anyone can be an 80% FT shooter up 25 late in a November game vs Cupcake U. Lots of people are driving range heroes, but can't keep their drives out of the trees when it matters.

Ditto. I'd hoped that Green was going to be that guy last year as he'd been pretty cool at the line, prior, but I thought he regressed last year on that. I said Durham too, but I do hope both Lander and Rob can be around the 80% mark. That would be huge and help us manufacture a few more points per game... and maybe win a couple more too.

He's raw and needs skills work, especially with his handle. I doubt he breaks out this year but should get some minutes due to his athletic ability which hopefully translates into defense. Can't teach a 7'1 wingspan ..

Yes. Thanks for all the posts and analysis. I think Lander is going to be the best frosh based on his rating but I don't know if that would be a breakout or expected.

Your analysis on Geronimo is ironic. Being 1000 miles away it is hard to keep up with HS players in the area. I understand what you mean about can't teach 7'1" wingspan but if he is raw and needs skills work Archie and co. better be able to teach 7'1" wingspan some skills. Kind of built in some irony there.

Yes. Thanks for all the posts and analysis. I think Lander is going to be the best frosh based on his rating but I don't know if that would be a breakout or expected.

Your analysis on Geronimo is ironic. Being 1000 miles away it is hard to keep up with HS players in the area. I understand what you mean about can't teach 7'1" wingspan but if he is raw and needs skills work Archie and co. better be able to teach 7'1" wingspan some skills. Kind of built in some irony there.
Not my analysis, more a consensus of those who have been around him or watched him play plus articles quoting his coach and ours.

The skills work he needs is on the offensive end, mainly dribbling and ballhandling in traffic and that's being said relative to what he needs to be a breakout player and get to the next level.

Anything could happen but I think Lander is the freshman who gets the most minutes so I expect he will be the standout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT