ADVERTISEMENT

Please retire the Block I helmet

Lets go back to the 2001 black design we had with Randle El and company..... vbg

532952.0.jpg

Reactions: daddyhoosier
I prefer the exclusiveness and look of the Devil's pitchfork, Neptune's Trident, whatever you want to call it, as the logo. The block "I" isn't unique.... plus, the interlocking IU is the official logo.

The interlocking IU is the standard, and we should do the old-fashioned version sometimes, where the U was larger.

Reactions: Univee2
Back when the school colors were black white and red.
I get that they have literally no resemblance of the university and 99.9% of the people think they were an abomination......I even have no counterarguments to retort those valid justifications for people despising them; however, I have always liked them to a degree. At this point it would just be a fun comical thing to pull out the retro uni's for a game. I mean, they're a part of our tradition now! :)

Reactions: Radio Zero
Before the Shuckers showed up. I think 'Go Big Red' has been slowly ceded to them too.
Four+ Other teams wear red now.
Bucks (scarlet) Wisky, ‘Gers, Nebby, and Terps
Red is clearly diluted… can’t see changing from crimson …
no better alternatives in my mind.
Black would match that hated W.Laff squad. It could never be black.

Lets go back to the 2001 black design we had with Randle El and company..... vbg

532952.0.jpg
Not only was this horrible, the teams that wore it were as well. The only onew worse were the unis when sam Wyche did his one year, they and the logo were were the worst. Just remember though, the block "I" was the logo on the helmets when IU went to its lone Rose Bowl. My personal opinion is the interlocking IU is the best with the classic crimson helmet. UM, PSU and tOSU don't really change. Classy programs don't change much except on rare occasions.

Reactions: daddyhoosier
Not only was this horrible, the teams that wore it were as well. The only onew worse were the unis when sam Wyche did his one year, they and the logo were were the worst. Just remember though, the block "I" was the logo on the helmets when IU went to its lone Rose Bowl. My personal opinion is the interlocking IU is the best with the classic crimson helmet. UM, PSU and tOSU don't really change. Classy programs don't change much except on rare occasions.
I agree with what you wrote, *up to* the “classy programs.”

Reactions: goody1986
I like the chrome, but what if we also did that design in flat? Or is that too much like that school up north?
I hate the chrome and any variation. The interlocking IU is the best and fits the school's logo.

To be honest I like the breast cancer pink. But would enjoy any color as long as the offense was moving forward.

Some variation of chrome with the IU pitchfork. The thought of candy stripe pants for home and away should be considered.

Some variation of chrome with the IU pitchfork. The thought of candy stripe pants for home and away should be considered.
Cool!!!.....

And.... maybe the candy stripe pants could have sparkling red glitter glued on them too?... Or, maybe some ruby red glitter cleats that even Dorothy would be jealous of?........

You know, to match the chrome helmet....

Just jokin' with ya. 😁

Cool!!!.....

And.... maybe the candy stripe pants could have sparkling red glitter glued on them too?... Or, maybe some ruby red glitter cleats that even Dorothy would be jealous of?........

You know, to match the chrome helmet....

Just jokin' with ya. 😁
Guess I did mention variation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT