ADVERTISEMENT

Play Small Ball!

Hmmmmmm, well it worked for Kendall Gill, Kenny Battle and Nick Anderson, so maybe it will work for Aljami Durham?

Reactions: aajohn2000
Not a bad idea...just one problem...we can’t shoot worth a damn. If we had even one good shooter it would be worth a shot but then again why not try now...not like we’re gonna win it all or even make the tourney (maybe)

Reactions: birdforbogey
Hmmmmmm, well it worked for Kendall Gill, Kenny Battle and Nick Anderson, so maybe it will work for Aljami Durham?
those 3 flyin' Illini all possessed physical skills far superior to anyone we have on the squad.
Anderson was a stud, Gill an athletic freak and Battle was a hard assed beast who could sky.

I would like to see a little more Geronimo. Not sure why CAM waited so long to play him on Sunday after his performance against Iowa.

those 3 flyin' Illini all possessed physical skills far superior to anyone we have on the squad.
Anderson was a stud, Gill an athletic freak and Battle was a hard assed beast who could sky.

I would like to see a little more Geronimo. Not sure why CAM waited so long to play him on Sunday after his performance against Iowa.

I was joking. And I agree, couldn't understand why Jordan was on the bench so long.

Play Geronimo,Hunter inside with combination guards and sub in TJD,Race.lol Be come the Hurryin' Hoosiers.lol!

You lost me at “sub in TJD”

Hey, here’s an idea. Let’s sit our All American and play a raw, unproven project in his place. Just brilliant

Reactions: kkott

Hey, here’s an idea. Let’s sit our All American and play a raw, unproven project in his place. Just brilliant
[/QUOTE Hey TJD played more like a sub than a All American 4/10 point blank shots, 50% ft line All American not one assist in the game.

Not a bad idea...just one problem...we can’t shoot worth a damn. If we had even one good shooter it would be worth a shot but then again why not try now...not like we’re gonna win it all or even make the tourney (maybe)
It’s not like what we’re doing now is working particularly well.

With the way TJD played against Rutgers, I’d have been willing to bring back Errek Suhr to start at center. It would be nice to see some heart out there for a change.

Play Geronimo,Hunter inside with combination guards and sub in TJD,Race.lol Be come the Hurryin' Hoosiers.lol!
we've been playing small ball for most of the last 10 years, it feels like, so I say no thanks, let's get a full roster with size and all! If we're going to play small ball, let's at least get some shooters, but we need that regardless!

we've been playing small ball for most of the last 10 years, it feels like, so I say no thanks, let's get a full roster with size and all! If we're going to play small ball, let's at least get some shooters, but we need that regardless!
bingo...small ball doesn't work if you can't drive to the hole, hit 3s and FTs. And we aren't the best fast break team either. Our personnel mix just seems a bit out of sync. Who knows...maybe we run the Illini off the court next game and we're all giddy again...our team has been a bit bipolar lately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT