ADVERTISEMENT

Pigeon Forge/Gatlinberg area

CF**

Hall of Famer
Jul 8, 2003
Anyone been lately? I have not been since I was a kid and we have a group going down Thursday-Sunday for a mixed bachelor/bachelorette party.

Staying at a cabin that sleeps 14 with all the fixins.

Is there a bar scene?
Any cool spots to hike other than Cades Cove?

Anyone been lately? I have not been since I was a kid and we have a group going down Thursday-Sunday for a mixed bachelor/bachelorette party.

Is there a bar scene?
We go about once every couple of years. Granted I've never been bar hopping there, but with the luxury cabins available usually there's plenty to do without ever having to leave the cabin. All the cabins we've rented had a hot tub, pool table/game room stuff. Have the girls cook, get plenty of alcohol, girls wear their bikini's and there's no reason to leave the cabin. Any other choice and you're doing it wrong.

We usually avoid downtown Gattlinburg and Pigeon Forge as it's pretty much a country Vegas. With that said, there's a ton of put put places that can be fun. Go to the visitors center inside the park and they'll give you a trail map. The park should be beautiful this time of the year so I would plan on spending most of my time there.

This past spring we went white water rafting. Not sure if closed now, but we had a blast.

The only other suggestion I would have is you could make the 1.5 hour trek to asheville and hang out and drink some good beer. Honestly, I'd still stay at the cabin if you got the right one and enjoy the booze and bikini's. Have fun!

We go about once every couple of years. Granted I've never been bar hopping there, but with the luxury cabins available usually there's plenty to do without ever having to leave the cabin. All the cabins we've rented had a hot tub, pool table/game room stuff. Have the girls cook, get plenty of alcohol, girls wear their bikini's and there's no reason to leave the cabin. Any other choice and you're doing it wrong.

We usually avoid downtown Gattlinburg and Pigeon Forge as it's pretty much a country Vegas. With that said, there's a ton of put put places that can be fun. Go to the visitors center inside the park and they'll give you a trail map. The park should be beautiful this time of the year so I would plan on spending most of my time there.

This past spring we went white water rafting. Not sure if closed now, but we had a blast.

The only other suggestion I would have is you could make the 1.5 hour trek to asheville and hang out and drink some good beer. Honestly, I'd still stay at the cabin if you got the right one and enjoy the booze and bikini's. Have fun!

You vacation in Gatlinburg? No wonder you are depressed!

Is there a bar scene?

There are a couple of bars. That's it. Stay in the cabin and go to the National Park. Alums cave is a quick, nice hike. Chimney Tops is short but straight up. I have a website bookmarked at work with every trail in the entire national park. I'll post it tomorrow. Avoid Pigeon Forge at all costs. It's deplorable. Gatlinburg isn't much more tolerable.

Is there a bar scene?
Was there last year with a group. We weren't really looking for bar scene though. We were mainly on a hiking trip. Most of the cabins are great though.

if you get bored, you ought to check to see if bears
actually sh*t in the woods there

Is there a bar scene?

Odd place for a bachelor party.

Also odd that it's "mixed".

How dull.

Odd place for a bachelor party.

Also odd that it's "mixed".

How dull.
There is no bar scene at all. The sugarland distillery addiction was fun but just home a chunk of the Appalachian Trail in the park. It's gorgeous.

There are a couple of bars. That's it. Stay in the cabin and go to the National Park. Alums cave is a quick, nice hike. Chimney Tops is short but straight up. I have a website bookmarked at work with every trail in the entire national park. I'll post it tomorrow. Avoid Pigeon Forge at all costs. It's deplorable. Gatlinburg isn't much more tolerable.

Sounds good. I didn't really intend to go to the bars myself, I'd much rather hit the trails and have drinks at night in the hot tub. Look forward to the link.

Stay in the cabin....unless you enjoy masses of traffic and white trash.

Forget bar scene. A lot of places couldn't even serve liquor until recently. This is bible country. There are some bars in Gatlinburg. Overall the place sucks.

Stay in the cabin....unless you enjoy masses of traffic and white trash.

Forget bar scene. A lot of places couldn't even serve liquor until recently. This is bible country. There are some bars in Gatlinburg. Overall the place sucks.
By the way you have to buy the beer at the grocery and the liquor at the liquor store. Just a minor inconvenience.

Is there a bar scene?

http://www.hikinginthesmokys.com

Good summary of every trail down there.

Not any more - you can now buy beer and other products like mixers at liquor stores in Tennessee.
This summer it was still that way. Or maybe it was wine we had to buy at the liquor store.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT