ADVERTISEMENT

PFF projects 7 W's

Fair enough. I’ll give you last year. But since the conference went east/west in 2014:

IU - 19 matchups vs Ohio St / Michigan
Purdue - 6 matchups vs Ohio St / Michigan

And that’s not even mentioning PSU who is usually better than the best team in the west.

BIG divisions were a joke and the conference championship game was ceremonial most years with the outcome decided before the game started. The East division won Every. Single. Year. Most of the time by wide margin. Thank Christ I don’t have to watch Iowa get murdered by an actual good football team in the BIG Championship anymore.
Wow, that is ridiculous. Purdue ducked the cream of the crop.

Fair enough. I’ll give you last year. But since the conference went east/west in 2014:

And that’s not even mentioning PSU who is usually better than the best team in the west.

BIG divisions were a joke and the conference championship game was ceremonial most years with the outcome decided before the game started. The East division won Every. Single. Year. Most of the time by wide margin. Thank Christ I don’t have to watch Iowa get murdered by an actual good football team in the BIG Championship anymore.
Yup. The east usually had two teams above the rest. Every once in a while 3. Every other team was basically the same.

Reactions: vesuvius13
4 or 5 wins with 1 or 2 BIG wins would be VERY good for IU.
I think you got trolled by BoilerN … Bayern.

NW beat the odds last year by minimizing TOs and getting takeaways, while ranking mediocre on offense.
IU needs the same this year. Rourke INTs will likey win or lose several games.
I think the over 5.5 and and bowl game prop bets are tempting propositions.

I think you got trolled by BoilerN … Bayern.

NW beat the odds last year by minimizing TOs and getting takeaways, while ranking mediocre on offense.
IU needs the same this year. Rourke INTs will likey win or lose several games.
I think the over 5.5 and and bowl game prop bets are tempting propositions.
How did I troll? I could see 4-6 for iu. About where I have them.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Yup. The east usually had two teams above the rest. Every once in a while 3. Every other team was basically the same.
You do realize there were 7 teams in each division right? So when there were 3 above the rest that’s 3/7 in that division…. And the schedule was like this for 10 years… back to my original point.. it’s about time Purdue plays a real BIG schedule. Them and every other team that used to be in the BIG west. It might be a decade before we see a team from the old BIG west in the BIG championship again.

The championship game showed the real dominance of the East [at the top at least] division over the West.

You do realize there were 7 teams in each division right? So when there were 3 above the rest that’s 3/7 in that division…. And the schedule was like this for 10 years… back to my original point.. it’s about time Purdue plays a real BIG schedule. Them and every other team that used to be in the BIG west. It might be a decade before we see a team from the old BIG west in the BIG championship again.
Yes. I also realize the east vs west record was almost .500. PSU wasn’t always the number 3 team though. Purdue played a rough schedule last year and next year, guess what, they play an easy schedule again. But you are correct, it could be a while, because Oregon and osu are about to run the big ten.

Many Purdue fans I know are always looking for sympathy.. that’s what they do.. some of them come to IU boards and play the victim.

It’s exhausting
So no one here actually did and you just felt the need to bring it up and take the conversation of track. Got it.

• Haha
So no one here actually did and you just felt the need to bring it up and take the conversation of track. Got it.
You said the schedule did Purdue no favors this year. I stated that they were on easy street for 10 years playing in the west. I hope you get boned by the schedule for a decade.

You play the victim on here often. The other day you picked a fight on an IU message board then made some comment about how you would get banned if you said something like that when they told you to eff off.

Good luck to you…

IU gets their first break in scheduling since the advent of divisions. Now without divisions IU's schedule is manageable and I hope this staff lives up to their records of past teams. If they come close, then recruiting takes off and IU will be closer to PSU, UM, and OSU/Oregon in the near future.

You said the schedule did Purdue no favors this year. I stated that they were on easy street for 10 years playing in the west. I hope you get boned by the schedule for a decade.

You play the victim on here often. The other day you picked a fight on an IU message board then made some comment about how you would get banned if you said something like that when they told you to eff off.

Good luck to you…
I did say the schedule does Purdue no favors. That’s absolutely true. You saying Purdue has to play a ridiculous schedule now that the east and west is gone is not entirely true. But also, when Purdue played good teams from the east, they had some success, so there is also that….

And the things that were said were far from appropriate. Entirely inappropriate. I wasn’t playing victim, highlighting inappropriate and unnecessary comments. All because he disagreed with me. Lol but not the discussion for this thread. If you need to know how what he said is inappropriate, DM me and I’ll explain. We are talking about iu football in this thread.

Last edited:
  • Haha
In optimistic news. Junior just played through his first season of NCAA 25 and had IU winning the natty in his first year. With Donovan winning the Heisman with like 5k receiving yards and 50 TDs.

I did say the schedule does Purdue no favors. That’s absolutely true. You saying Purdue has to play a ridiculous schedule now that the east and west is gone is not entirely true. But also, when Purdue played good teams from the east, they had some success, so there is also that….

And the things that were said were far from appropriate. Entirely inappropriate. I wasn’t playing victim, highlighting inappropriate and unnecessary comments. All because he disagreed with me. Lol but not the discussion for this thread. If you need to know how what he said is inappropriate, DM me and I’ll explain. We are talking about iu football in this thread.
Time out! BoilerN I commend you for keeping your temper but this is turning into a pissing contest. How 'bout you run away to fight again some other day?

Time out! BoilerN I commend you for keeping your temper but this is turning into a pissing contest. How 'bout you run away to fight again some other day?
Isn’t that what I just did by bringing this thread on track? Why not the other guy is the one that took it off and made it a pissing contest. DM me for details and I will gladly show you how and where. I don’t want to derail this thread more than it has because I was enjoying the conversation.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and TMFT
I haven't researched it a ton...so I don't know what he inherited at his other 3 schools.

But at IU, relative to IU historically, I wouldn't say Allen left the cupboard bare.

Also, Coach Cig strikes me as someone that probably always does a fair bit of overhauling when he gets to a new place. And his track record suggests he's pretty good at hitting the ground running, and having success right away.

We'll see if that carries over at IU. Bowl bid is smashing success in his first year, I'd say. But 5-7, competitive B10 play overall, and winning the last regular season game, should also be seen as a success, in my opinion.

What will be interesting though is he has never inherited a rebuild like this either. Can he turn it around that quick? I have my concerns. Schedule helps a ton though like you said.

It's a stupid narrative being driven home by Purdue fans to try and discredit a solid hire by Indiana.

IU-Pennsylvania football program was built by Cignetti's father, Frank. CC's predecessor went 5-6 and 6-5 his final two seasons after tailing off from what he inherited by the elder Cignetti. Enter Curt who went 7-3 year 1 and won 12 games year 2. Won 9, 6, 9, and 10 games the next 4 seasons before taking the Elon job.

Prior to Cignetti, Rich Skrosky was 7-27 in his 3 seasons at Elon. Cignetti immediately comes in and takes Elon to the FCS playoffs. And then does it again in year 2 before being hired at James Madison.

James Madison was a very successful FCS program that hired Cignetti. Not only did Cignetti maintain the status quo, he lead them into FBS. And not only did he lead them into FBS, he went 19-4 in two seasons and a national ranking. Won the Sun Belt East both years.

Bottom line, Cignetti has been successful everywhere he's gone and doesn't need 2-3 seasons to get the ball rolling. I fully expect a 6-6, 7-5 type season this year, possibly better if the O-Line stays intact. I believe this IU team is on par from a talent standpoint with last years team who lost 4-5 winnable games due to coaching incompetence.

Last edited:
It's a stupid narrative being driven home by Purdue fans to try and discredit a solid hire by Indiana.

IU-Pennsylvania football program was built by Cignetti's father, Frank. CC's predecessor went 5-6 and 6-5 his final two seasons after tailing off from what he inherited by the elder Cignetti. Enter Curt who went 7-3 year 1 and won 12 games year 2. Won 9, 6, 9, and 10 games the next 4 seasons before taking the Elon job.

Prior to Cignetti, Rich Skrosky was 7-27 in his 3 seasons at Elon. Cignetti immediately comes in and takes Elon to the FCS playoffs. And then does it again in year 2 before being hired at James Madison.

James Madison was a very successful FCS program that hired Cignetti. Not only did Cignetti maintain the status quo, he lead them into FBS. And not only did he lead them into FBS, he went 19-4 in two seasons and a national ranking. Won the Sun Belt East both years.

Bottom line, Cignetti has been successful everywhere he's gone and doesn't need 2-3 seasons to get the ball rolling. I fully expect a 6-6, 7-5 type season this year, possibly better if the O-Line stays intact. I believe this IU team is on par from a talent standpoint with last years team who lost 4-5 winnable games due to coaching incompetence.
They very well could win 6 or 7. I wouldn’t be shocked. I don’t think he’s inheriting as big of a rebuild as Walter’s inherited at Purdue. Also not sure their talent is ahead of Purdue this year. Probably similar. The big ten is a big jump.

They very well could win 6 or 7. I wouldn’t be shocked. I don’t think he’s inheriting as big of a rebuild as Walter’s inherited at Purdue. Also not sure their talent is ahead of Purdue this year. Probably similar. The big ten is a big jump.
Lol what? Purdue won 9 and 8 games Brohm's last two seasons including the B10 West his final season. Indiana has won 3 conference games TOTAL the last 3 seasons. I know it's Monday, but good God wake up.

Lol what? Purdue won 9 and 8 games Brohm's last two seasons including the B10 West his final season. Indiana has won 3 conference games TOTAL the last 3 seasons. I know it's Monday, but good God wake up.
Sure. But then all those guys that carried that team left. And the couple guys that were solid players left for Louisville. Walter’s couldn’t have a spring game because he didn’t have enough players to also overcome the injuries on the roster. Nor did he have a full portal period his first fall to fill gaps. It’s way more in depth then 8 and 9 games.

Sure. But then all those guys that carried that team left. And the couple guys that were solid players left for Louisville. Walter’s couldn’t have a spring game because he didn’t have enough players to also overcome the injuries on the roster. Nor did he have a full portal period his first fall to fill gaps. It’s way more in depth then 8 and 9 games.
IU lost 38 players to the portal this offseason and another 9 to graduation. That's literally more than half the roster from a team who won 3 conference games the last 3 years. You're making zero sense if you think Walters walked into a tougher situation. Now if you want to make the argument that IU hired the better candidate to lead a rebuild I won't disagree with you there, but Purdue won 9 and 8 games the year prior to Walters taking over.

What a jackass slant. My strong suggestion is if you truly don't like targeted threads going off the rails you should make yourself scarce. You are a joke on here.

IU lost 38 players to the portal this offseason and another 9 to graduation. That's literally more than half the roster from a team who won 3 conference games the last 3 years. You're making zero sense if you think Walters walked into a tougher situation. Now if you want to make the argument that IU hired the better candidate to lead a rebuild I won't disagree with you there, but Purdue won 9 and 8 games the year prior to Walters taking over.
Idk what record has to do with Walter’s rebuild, but I stand corrected on iu. I didn’t realize they lost that much to the portal. Having a full portal period helped cig. If the jmu guys and the QB are solid, he will have success right away. I think he will win at iu. Just not 100% sure it’s this year. Both Walter and Cig were really good hires imo. Always felt Allen did less with more. Great DC, average HC.

What the heck did they play last year?

For the past decade, IU had the tough schedule every year that PU would get every once in a while based on rotation.

The rotation of SOS is now even. Good for Big Ten East teams...not so good for Big Ten West teams.

For the past decade, IU had the tough schedule every year that PU would get every once in a while based on rotation.

The rotation of SOS is now even. Good for Big Ten East teams...not so good for Big Ten West teams.
Other than an occasional trip to the big ten championship, I don’t really think it changes things too much for the west. Some years you will have a hard schedule, some years easy. Purdue and Wisconsin have tough schedules, but every other west team still has cake schedules. Next year, Purdue has an easy schedule, similar to other years in the past decade.

Other than an occasional trip to the big ten championship, I don’t really think it changes things too much for the west. Some years you will have a hard schedule, some years easy. Purdue and Wisconsin have tough schedules, but every other west team still has cake schedules.

BEFORE

West only played OSU/Michigan/PSU on a rotation (I think roughly once every 3 years???)
East played them every year

NOW

Every team has to play them roughly every other year.

Your frequency of playing them increases whereas our frequency of playing them goes down.

BEFORE

West only played OSU/Michigan/PSU on a rotation (I think roughly once every 3 years???)
East played them every year

NOW

Every team has to play them roughly every other year.

Your frequency of playing them increases whereas our frequency of playing them goes down.
Is it every other though now that Washington, usc, Oregon, and UCLA are in the mix? I haven’t seen anything beyond 2025. Oregon is scary. Otherwise…. An average usc and meh Washington and a bad ucla.

I think it benefits iu quite a bit though yes. Though, it’s a pointless conversation if Walter’s and cig can’t rebuild Purdue and iu.

Is it every other though now that Washington, usc, Oregon, and UCLA are in the mix? I haven’t seen anything beyond 2025. Oregon is scary. Otherwise…. An average usc and meh Washington and a bad ucla.

I think it benefits iu quite a bit though yes. Though, it’s a pointless conversation if Walter’s and cig can’t rebuild Purdue and iu.
We would need to play 17 teams for a full rotation.

We have 9 conference games per year but i think we have a protected rival game still.

So I think we play each other every year and then 8 other teams each year.

So that would make it playing teams every other year. if teams have multiple protected teams/games then the rotation slows down

EDIT: Updated with 9 conference games

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT