ADVERTISEMENT

Perfect summation of the IU mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowCut

Redshirt
Jun 21, 2018
“I'll just say this about the Crossroads Classic ending: It was cool event, and I do think it was a positive thing for the state, the fans and the teams involved. It did restrict scheduling to a certain extent for everybody, Purdue included, but this was Indiana's doing, and you are Indianabecause of Indiana. Thinking you're bigger than Indiana is probably bad business. Just like building teams with these East Coast mercenaries while Purdue passed you by with Indiana players and Indiana-type players was bad business.

Thinking you're bigger than Indiana and thinking beyond the state that has made you what you are, and ending an event that was a good thing for the fans who've made you what you are, that just sounds like bad business to me.

Notre Dame, you want out? I get that. Your fans don't live here and you play in the ACC for most of your history you barely recruited Indiana. I get that.

But Indiana wanting out of this, that I don't get. It's great that you got that home-and-home adidas invitational with Kansas, but Kansas plays basketball games in November and the first week of December also.”

“I'll just say this about the Crossroads Classic ending: It was cool event, and I do think it was a positive thing for the state, the fans and the teams involved. It did restrict scheduling to a certain extent for everybody, Purdue included, but this was Indiana's doing, and you are Indianabecause of Indiana. Thinking you're bigger than Indiana is probably bad business. Just like building teams with these East Coast mercenaries while Purdue passed you by with Indiana players and Indiana-type players was bad business.

Thinking you're bigger than Indiana and thinking beyond the state that has made you what you are, and ending an event that was a good thing for the fans who've made you what you are, that just sounds like bad business to me.

Notre Dame, you want out? I get that. Your fans don't live here and you play in the ACC for most of your history you barely recruited Indiana. I get that.

But Indiana wanting out of this, that I don't get. It's great that you got that home-and-home adidas invitational with Kansas, but Kansas plays basketball games in November and the first week of December also.”

So who's quote is that?

Dumb

No wonder IU admin doesn’t want to keep this going. I’d rather watch IU vs KU anyway
I said it the other day, the CRC is not viable without Indiana playing. The other 3 schools don't support it. Indiana doesn't think they are bigger than the state, IU thinks that in this state they are bigger than PU, Butler, and ND...and when it comes to selling tickets in Indianapolis, they are. IU could schedule about anyone in that event and make more than the 25% of receipts they get after splitting with the other 3.

The east coast mercenary comment is BS too.

The point is, you could schedule better non-con games and still keep the CRC. Just reeks of arrogance from the IU admin. Keep making those flimsy ticket revenue excuses though.
Can’t Purdue carry the event? Create another one with teams on Purdue’s local/national level?

indiana State
Evansville
Ball state
Purdue

that way, Purdue can be the big pig in the pin

The point is, you could schedule better non-con games and still keep the CRC. Just reeks of arrogance from the IU admin. Keep making those flimsy ticket revenue excuses though.
Arrogance? You are overthinking it. IU has opportunities to make more money, so that’s what they are doing. It’s business. By the way not only does IU bring the most fans, they also have the best record in the series.

It was part of a blog from a reporter covering the event.
Yeah, from the Lafayette JC....so basically a Purdue centric blogger crying because Indiana doesn't find locking in a game against Butler (who isn't looking as good as an opponent as they did when this thing started) and Notre Dame are exciting games.

"Indiana is so arrogant..." No, not enough people give a rat's ass about Purdue so now they are going to lose a game in the state capitol every year that ends up on national TV. Indiana already replaced this game with a better opponent. Our coach is interested in playing UCLA as well. We get a Big East team in the Gavitt Games most years and an ACC team every year. Indiana can still play Butler and Notre Dame if it wants as well.

This is just Purdue whining because they can't support a game in Indy.

Yeah, from the Lafayette JC....so basically a Purdue centric blogger crying because Indiana doesn't find locking in a game against Butler (who isn't looking as good as an opponent as they did when this thing started) and Notre Dame are exciting games.

"Indiana is so arrogant..." No, not enough people give a rat's ass about Purdue so now they are going to lose a game in the state capitol every year that ends up on national TV. Indiana already replaced this game with a better opponent. Our coach is interested in playing UCLA as well. We get a Big East team in the Gavitt Games most years and an ACC team every year. Indiana can still play Butler and Notre Dame if it wants as well.

Facts

Not from the Journal and Courier...

I don’t understand the Purdue butthurt over this. If you want to still play Butler/ND in alternating years, by all means go ahead. I’d be more open to including Kansas/UK/Louisville/UCLA and alternate playing those teams every other year. It’d bring more national attention to the event than ND and Butler

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

English please

Notre Dame has plenty of fans in Indiana, just not terribly far south of Rochester if you're talking in US 31 terms.

Ok that was fun. Now the PU mentality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT