ADVERTISEMENT

Parker to IU

Sounds like he isn't going to play until next year, if that's true I like it a bit better.

Gives him some time to get acclimated with the team.
This is basically a free year as far as eligibility. So, why would he not at least suit up?

Reactions: Bligedy
This is basically a free year as far as eligibility. So, why would he not at least suit up?

I would be shocked if he didn't play in games in January....

On a different note. His back story is pretty insane. Super smart kid (already has a masters) and his dad just died.

Just a rumor on the premium board, I do think he'll join the team and suit up.

Nobody knows for sure though so take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Surprising .. considering how crowded the backcourt already is.

Good pickup though especially for future years.

I thought the same thing. I’m guessing the reasoning is that since we have open spots, and he fills a “perceived” void, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance here and there. I’m not sure I mind giving Lander a bit more time to develop too.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I think the ship sailed on Aminu with this commitment.
Maybe, however, they appear to be different types of players. Parker appears to prefer the outside shot and Aminu appears to specialize in penetration. Parker plays more side to side and Aminu plays a more vertical and straight forward game. Aminu has extreme defensive abilities which is why he is probably NBA bound with elite athleticism. Parker may have NBA talent, but it will be more on elite shooting and game savvy.

So if Parker plays the back half of this season he still could play 2 more years? That would mean we could pick up 2 more guys for next year no matter what Brunk or Durham decide. If TJD decides to leave then that's 3 more spots we can still try to fill for next fall.

Reactions: Cavanagh
So if Parker plays the back half of this season he still could play 2 more years? That would mean we could pick up 2 more guys for next year no matter what Brunk or Durham decide. If TJD decides to leave then that's 3 more spots we can still try to fill for next fall.
Why do you refer to him by his first name? His full name is Parker Stewart.

• Wow
Reactions: birdforbogey
I would be shocked if he didn't play in games in January....

On a different note. His back story is pretty insane. Super smart kid (already has a masters) and his dad just died.

He hasn't decided if he's going to play yet or not.

With his dad passing suddenly, he basically stopped playing. He needs to get back in shape. If he feels like he can help the team, he'll play. If he can't, he won't.

Maybe, however, they appear to be different types of players. Parker appears to prefer the outside shot and Aminu appears to specialize in penetration. Parker plays more side to side and Aminu plays a more vertical and straight forward game. Aminu has extreme defensive abilities which is why he is probably NBA bound with elite athleticism. Parker may have NBA talent, but it will be more on elite shooting and game savvy.
If Parker can be a Danny Green type player I would be very happy.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
Do we still have spots? Do this year's seniors who decide to play next year not count against the 13 scholarships?

I would think the NCAA will need to allow for some sort of roster expansion after granting an extra year for everyone. Football teams could really run into an issue otherwise.

IU needs a consistent shooter.
Play Parker right away it fills the huge void in the lineup and spaces the floor for TJD, Race, Brunk inside and Galloway, Rob, Franklin.

Oh heeelllll yeeeeeeess!

Exactly what we need. A wing with a scoring mentality, who has some size for a guard, has a sweet stroke but can score all over the court and looks to have a decent handle.

Really hope he can play this year as he's a big, missing piece (since Hunter doesn't seem to be grabbing that three spot).

Finally a talented offensive wing that isn't undersized in height or weight.

Check out his freshman highlights at Pitt as he's balling against Duke, Virginia, UNC, etc.

Check out his stroke, his playing body and his handle.

He's perfect for us (unless he's allergic to playing defense). Offensively he's exactly what we need right now.

Hope he plays this year but either way, I love the pick up.

Also goes as a reminder that with the instant transfer rules there is an ocean of talent, seasoned talent that's going to be available every year which is why HS recruiting doesn't freak me out as much as it used to.

This is an example of it.

Oh heeelllll yeeeeeeess!

Exactly what we need. A wing with a scoring mentality, who has some size for a guard, has a sweet stroke but can score all over the court and looks to have a decent handle.

Really hope he can play this year as he's a big, missing piece (since Hunter doesn't seem to be grabbing that three spot).

Finally a talented offensive wing that isn't undersized in height or weight.

Check out his freshman highlights at Pitt as he's balling against Duke, Virginia, UNC, etc.

Check out his stroke, his playing body and his handle.

He's perfect for us (unless he's allergic to playing defense). Offensively he's exactly what we need right now.

Hope he plays this year but either way, I love the pick up.

Also goes as a reminder that with the instant transfer rules there is an ocean of talent, seasoned talent that's going to be available every year which is why HS recruiting doesn't freak me out as much as it used to.

This is an example of it.

Wow. He is a sniper. Love the confidence and he was only a freshman here. Looking forward to seeing him play for sure!

Reactions: TommyCracker
Wow. He is a sniper. Love the confidence and he was only a freshman here. Looking forward to seeing him play for sure!
Yeah, with our shooting woes, we get a guy who was almost averaging 20ppg and is a career 36% 3 pt shooter, which would immediately make him our best from range. Plus, he's been playing at UT Martin, so he's been the other teams primary focus. Oh yeah, and sounds like he can play 2nd semester? Give him space and good shots and I don't see how it's not a big plus for us. Hell yeS... with a capital S!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT