ADVERTISEMENT

Pamela Whitten

It seems like a really odd pick to me. I'm not sure what a "telemedicine expert" does to enhance IU's image as academic institution. Most of us have probably experienced it in the last year and my novice opinion of it is have your staff pick up the F-N phone. Just spent more than an hour waiting on hold with IU health before giving up, just need a damn prescription refill my Dr. has to authorize. Shit, if she could fix their horrible patient service, I could care less what she knows about sports

So you don't know anything about her research, practice, or expertise, but you know you don't like or value it and are sure it doesn't help IU's image as an academic institution. K.

So you don't know anything about her research, practice, or expertise, but you know you don't like or value it and are sure it doesn't help IU's image as an academic institution. K.
IU and PU have essentially identical admissions standards which are fairly high for public universities. The question is can PW move IU forward another notch. I would like to see that happen but that will be difficult given today’s liberal agendas.

Anybody know anything about her? Does she like sports? Odds she could explain a pick and roll? Think it really even matters if she is a basketball fan?
as long as she realizes the importance of the athletic dept. to the university as a whole, she'll be fine.

Come to think of it, maybe Myles Brand, Adam Herbert, and Mike McRobbie were.
Brand and McRobbie were academics and by contrast Mitch at PU is more of a CEO. I haven’t read enough about PW to know where she falls on the spectrum but a bit of CEO is not a bad thing right now.

Reactions: kmathum
At least with football she just needs to let Allen and Dolson do their thing. It seems like that program is set for the time being.

Hard hittin', Pam Whitten - has a nice ring to it.
Ha. I met Hard Hittin’ Mark Whiten once.

His claim to fame was hitting 4 HR in a game. Never thought he lived up to the nickname tho. He only averaged 18 HRs per 162 games for his career.

But 4 in one game!

When was the last time IU had a president travel with a team or asked for stats? Sounds good to me.

students were probably raiding the stadium bathrooms for TP to throw after touchdowns. (yes, that was "a thing" once).

those stat sheets might have come in handy.

fdb3045d5abf53f15bd5cfdeb24155d5.gif

Reactions: IndyAuthor
Yeah, I get that. My point is that it's myopic to judge a university president simply by your own biases about their past work experience.

The fact that she comes from Kennesaw State -- instead of, say, Vanderbilt or somewhere like that -- tells us absolutely nothing. You have to have some faith in the Trustees, the search subcommittee, the professionals they hired to find and vet candidates, etc. to have done their due diligence and made the best selection.
Kennesaw State is a large university with a student population rivaling that of IU. They have grown tremendously over the years, so those thinking she was managing some podunk community college need to think again.

Reactions: IUgradman
Kennesaw State is a large university with a student population rivaling that of IU. They have grown tremendously over the years, so those thinking she was managing some podunk community college need to think again.

as a PCC grad, i can tell you i'm guessing PW would have been proud and honored to be our prez.

We paid McRobbie over $1MM placing IU in the top 10 nationally. PW will be well compensated with high expectations.

The KSU campus has 41,000 students, but the IU President is also in charge of all of the regional campuses and thus there is a total enrollment of around 110,000.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT