ADVERTISEMENT

Our RT and RG are visiting CO today...

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
That's probably one of the few places they have about a 90% chance of being replaced by an underclassmen early in the season and ending their pro aspirations before they even begin...

What do they think is going to happen the first time Primes son (coming off of a back injury) starts whining to Daddy about the pass rush getting him to him...

Signing out there = not very bright...

Last edited:
That's probably one of the few places they have about an 90% chance of being replaced by an underclassmen early in the season and ending their pro aspirations before they even begin...

What do they think is going to happen the first time Primes son (coming off of a back injury) starts whining to Daddy about the pass rush getting him to him...

Carter Smith OT, is visiting FSU tomorrow. He's also interested in Ole Miss & Virginia Tech.

• Wow
Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
That's probably one of the few places they have about an 90% chance of being replaced by an underclassmen early in the season and ending their pro aspirations before they even begin...

Polar opposite of LEO. CO is LMMK. Love Me and My Kids.

It’s all about NIL value. Our players in the portal are determining their value and I can’t blame them. If we want them and can or want to match the offer some might return. If not it will be more difficult but not impossible building a team next year.

That's probably one of the few places they have about a 90% chance of being replaced by an underclassmen early in the season and ending their pro aspirations before they even begin...

So far Colorado has gained 2 interior OL transfer commits (1 from Houston, 1 from UConn)

Reactions: vesuvius13

You’re out of your mind. They’re desperate for OL. They won’t have anyone else to come in to replace either of them if they sign there.

You’re out of your mind. They’re desperate for OL. They won’t have anyone else to come in to replace either of them if they sign there.
You do realize they have one of the top OL in the nation committed there that’s a 5 star recruit; right? Deion has already said in interviews he focuses more on portal players than high school players which I think is smart. Relying on developing recruiting classes many of which won’t complete 4 years at the same school is an outdated approach.

With that said, it is strange that people want our guys back, but don’t think they can crack the starting lineup there. If they aren’t good enough to start or play significant snaps at any other school why do we want them back? I’m saying that to say if we think they are good enough to come back they’re probably good enough to play wherever they want whether off the bench in 2 deep or starting.

You need to build off the portal and cherry pick your high school recruits for those who have the best chance to help right away. If your high school recruits aren’t in your two deep their freshman year you are developing players that likely won’t ever see the field at your school. They’re either going to transfer for lack of playing time or some will transfer to chase NIL if they are playing. As I said before it’s a game of musical chairs. Our portal players will chase nil bucks somewhere else and we will attract some with our NIL. Id be curious to see what the rate of attrition is now compared to pre-portal.

You do realize they have one of the top OL in the nation committed there that’s a 5 star recruit; right? Deion has already said in interviews he focuses more on portal players than high school players which I think is smart. Relying on developing recruiting classes many of which won’t complete 4 years at the same school is an outdated approach.

With that said, it is strange that people want our guys back, but don’t think they can crack the starting lineup there. If they aren’t good enough to start or play significant snaps at any other school why do we want them back? I’m saying that to say if we think they are good enough to come back they’re probably good enough to play wherever they want whether off the bench in 2 deep or starting.

You need to build off the portal and cherry pick your high school recruits for those who have the best chance to help right away. If your high school recruits aren’t in your two deep their freshman year you are developing players that likely won’t ever see the field at your school. They’re either going to transfer for lack of playing time or some will transfer to chase NIL if they are playing. As I said before it’s a game of musical chairs. Our portal players will chase nil bucks somewhere else and we will attract some with our NIL. Id be curious to see what the rate of attrition is now compared to pre-portal.
I realize that. And I also realize there are five offensive linemen positions and that it’s also the hardest position to contribute at as a true freshman.

Reactions: midwolfe
I realize that. And I also realize there are five offensive linemen positions and that it’s also the hardest position to contribute at as a true freshman.
True. I won’t argue against that other than to say IU has done it multiple times. Spriggs, Cronk, Bedford are 3 I can think of just off the top of my head, but I agree if you’re relying on true freshmen to play all 5 spots you’re in trouble. As I said though, I think Deion will end up beefing up his line and his team in general primarily with the portal. I doubt you will see more than two true frosh in their two deep.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I just hope that Coach Prime goes to a full pimp sideline outfit next year. Fur hat and trench coat. Platform shoes with goldfish swimming in the glass heels.
This year, the “Prime” sleeveless winter jacket, the gold headset and gold chain were a start but he needs to take it up a notch.
Kahlil Benson committed to Prime Time. That should continue to be a merry-go-round out there.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1

i don't see how this system is sustainable long term without some sort of controls. the conferences are going to have to get together and figure something out that's acceptable to the courts.

I just hope that Coach Prime goes to a full pimp sideline outfit next year. Fur hat and trench coat. Platform shoes with goldfish swimming in the glass heels.
This year, the “Prime” sleeveless winter jacket, the gold headset and gold chain were a start but he needs to take it up a notch.
Don't forget the blingy shades.

Reactions: 76-1
Don't forget the blingy shades.

I was just impressed he had his own “Prime” clothing line. His jackets say “Prime.” His wide bill baseball cap has the same logo.
And, here I thought Coach Cig was highly confident. Prime has got them all beat in the self-promotion department.
Apart from that, the games I watched later in the year (Stanford being one of them where they blew a 26 point lead and lost), his team seemed to be a disorganized mess. Dumb penalties galore. Repeated blown coverages. Kind of like watching a rerun of a Tom Allen team.

I was just impressed he had his own “Prime” clothing line. His jackets say “Prime.” His wide bill baseball cap has the same logo.
And, here I thought Coach Cig was highly confident. Prime has got them all beat in the self-promotion department.
Apart from that, the games I watched later in the year (Stanford being one of them where they blew a 26 point lead and lost), his team seemed to be a disorganized mess. Dumb penalties galore. Repeated blown coverages. Kind of like watching a rerun of a Tom Allen team.
'No Tackle' can recruit because of his self developed image. Everything he does is to self promote himself. But to run an organization and manage personnel on staff and the roster is something he'll have to learn OJT and prove. If not CU fans will dispatch him rudely and rightfully.

'No Tackle' can recruit because of his self developed image. Everything he does is to self promote himself. But to run an organization and manage personnel on staff and the roster is something he'll have to learn OJT and prove. If not CU fans will dispatch him rudely and rightfully.
Do you think this is his first go around the block? lol

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
He was very good in the B1G which is why they wanted him.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT