ADVERTISEMENT

Our kicker...

Let's see him do it with a long snapper, holder and 11 guys running at him. I never kicked, but I would expect that is a little more difficult.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Let's see him do it with a long snapper, holder and 11 guys running at him. I never kicked, but I would expect that is a little more difficult.

Well...,the long snapper, the line blocking and the holder will make our break things for any kicker but as far as having the leg and accuracy he looks like a really good one to me :D

Well...,the long snapper, the line blocking and the holder will make our break things for any kicker but as far as having the leg and accuracy he looks like a really good one to me :D
People read too much into my comment. I'm sure he has the tools and the experience in high school to come in and be a good kicker. You see kickers making field goals in warm ups with a tee way beyond where a coach will use them in a game. Basketball players hit a better percentage of 3s off the shooting machine in practice than they do in a game. I would expect the same from a kicker kicking off a tee at his leisure.

People read too much into my comment. I'm sure he has the tools and the experience in high school to come in and be a good kicker. You see kickers making field goals in warm ups with a tee way beyond where a coach will use them in a game. Basketball players hit a better percentage of 3s off the shooting machine in practice than they do in a game. I would expect the same from a kicker kicking off a tee at his leisure.
With all due respect, you might be missing the point. I don't think anyone's claiming he's the next Adam Vinatieri, but what he's doing in this video is impressive in and of itself. It's kind of like a hoops player hitting consecutive half court shots in practice. Just very cool stuff. The kind of video clip that goes viral. And, yes, I agree with you - - the clip strongly suggests he's got some skill (and accuracy!).

Reactions: 76-1 and RBB89
With all due respect, you might be missing the point. I don't think anyone's claiming he's the next Adam Vinatieri, but what he's doing in this video is impressive in and of itself. It's kind of like a hoops player hitting consecutive half court shots in practice. Just very cool stuff. The kind of video clip that goes viral. And, yes, I agree with you - - the clip strongly suggests he's got some skill (and accuracy!).
The video tells me that when there are two seconds left in the game and we're down two points, he's not standing on the field thinking, "Dear God! Please don't let me miss this! Please don't let me miss this! Pul-leeze! Don't let me miss this!"
Instead, he'll be thinking, "I've done this, before. Now. Where's my spot? Where's my spot? Where do I want the ball to go?"
I'll take that any day of the week -- and twice on Saturday!

The video tells me that when there are two seconds left in the game and we're down two points, he's not standing on the field thinking, "Dear God! Please don't let me miss this! Please don't let me miss this! Pul-leeze! Don't let me miss this!"
Instead, he'll be thinking, "I've done this, before. Now. Where's my spot? Where's my spot? Where do I want the ball to go?"
I'll take that any day of the week -- and twice on Saturday!
It shows he can physically kick a ball through the uprights with ease and room to spare. It says nothing about how he will react in a pressure situation. We will have to wait until September to see him do it in a game.

I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but I just don't want us to raise expectations that he will come in the first game and not struggle early. Hopefully he won't struggle and he is as impressive as the video.

It shows he can physically kick a ball through the uprights with ease and room to spare. It says nothing about how he will react in a pressure situation. We will have to wait until September to see him do it in a game.

I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but I just don't want us to raise expectations that he will come in the first game and not struggle early. Hopefully he won't struggle and he is as impressive as the video.
Jesus Christ, no one said he’s going to be an All American because of this practice routine. It is simply being pointed out that what he did is incredibly difficult and something that a lot of kickers cannot do. That’s all.

Jesus Christ, no one said he’s going to be an All American because of this practice routine. It is simply being pointed out that what he did is incredibly difficult and something that a lot of kickers cannot do. That’s all.
If you've got videos of any of our QBs nailing consecutive tire throws from 25/30 yards out, don't post them. (lol).

My name is not Jesus Christ, but thank you for the compliment and for stating the obvious

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT