ADVERTISEMENT

Our food...

Nah, I was doing my duty to keep America populated. 😜
Thanks for this. My oat milk has 14 pbb glysophate. Guess I'll opt for another next time I'm at the store. And I would test positive for chlormequat, I'm sure, with as many oats as I consume.

What to do? My guess is pay more for US grown oats for Cheerios and Quaker Oats oatmeal.

When I was a young lad I was eating Cheerios from a box I had just opened. As I was about to put another spoonful in my mouth, I glanced down and found unwanted protein, a dead cockroach that must have found its way inside the box before being sealed. I boycotted the cereal for many years following my disgusting discovery. Having since forgiven them, today it remains one of my favorite brands.

When I was a young lad I was eating Cheerios from a box I had just opened. As I was about to put another spoonful in my mouth, I glanced down and found unwanted protein, a dead cockroach that must have found its way inside the box before being sealed. I boycotted the cereal for many years following my disgusting discovery. Having since forgiven them, today it remains one of my favorite brands.

When I was a little kid, late 60's I'd guess, we found a bottle of coke with some sort of big beetle floating in it. My parents contacted whoever, and some rep brought us a free case of Coke to make up for it. My parents thought this was quite a score.

When I was a little kid, late 60's I'd guess, we found a bottle of coke with some sort of big beetle floating in it. My parents contacted whoever, and some rep brought us a free case of Coke to make up for it. My parents thought this was quite a score.
I’d always heard the USDA (or whomever) allows a specified tolerance level of rodent hairs in cereal grain products. It’s not one of the enlightening facts they generally teach kids in grade school under the heading “Disgusting Things We’re Better Off Not Knowing” but probably could be. Bird shit might be another one.

Reactions: DANC
I’d always heard the USDA (or whomever) allows a specified tolerance level of rodent hairs in cereal grain products. It’s not one of the enlightening facts they generally teach kids in grade school under the heading “Disgusting Things We’re Better Off Not Knowing” but probably could be. Bird shit might be another one.
And yet people eat rice..... ever seen a water buffalo shit in a rice field?

When taking a tour of the Coors Brewery plant in Golden, Colorado one of our group called attention to what appeared to be footprints in the hops.

As the tour guide explained this was impossible, a worker entered the bin and walked through the hops.

This didn't discourage me from consuming free beer at the hospitality facility.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
When taking a tour of the Coors Brewery plant in Golden, Colorado one of our group called attention to what appeared to be footprints in the hops.

As the tour guide explained this was impossible, a worker entered the bin and walked through the hops.

This didn't discourage me from consuming free beer at the hospitality facility.
I did a software install/upgrade for Coors in Golden. I was kind of surprised how dumpy the HQ was, but the beer was fresh!

And, not to be a cad, but the women in the office were constantly on the prowl to get laid. Never seen anything like it. I think it must be in the water out there.....

Speaking of food, at a recent IU game I was fortunate enough to capture one of the parachutes launched from the catwalk high above Assembly Hall. I redeemed my attached coupon for a free sandwich from participating Arby's, this one being on S Walnut. It doesn't specify a particular sandwich so I ordered the extra expensive one of piled-high roast beef. It was delicious. I hadn't eaten at Arby's in at least 20 years. I assumed the red and white parachute that came with it would need returned for another drop, but was told I get to keep it for a souvenir. It will proudly be put on permanent home display, next to my "2nd Half of the Season Little League baseball champs" plastic trophy, 3" tall.

Speaking of food, at a recent IU game I was fortunate enough to capture one of the parachutes launched from the catwalk high above Assembly Hall. I redeemed my attached coupon for a free sandwich from participating Arby's, this one being on S Walnut. It doesn't specify a particular sandwich so I ordered the extra expensive one of piled-high roast beef. It was delicious. I hadn't eaten at Arby's in at least 20 years. I assumed the red and white parachute that came with it would need returned for another drop, but was told I get to keep it for a souvenir. It will proudly be put on permanent home display, next to my "2nd Half of the Season Little League baseball champs" plastic trophy, 3" tall.
Yeah, you bastards in the middle section get all the perks.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
Section B, row 24 - The Hall was drafty that night from all the booing.
You're not far from me. Sec a, row 19, but on the right side, so all the freebies aren't thrown that far over.

You're not far from me. Sec a, row 19, but on the right side, so all the freebies aren't thrown that far over.
Seat 1 and 2, adjacent to the aisle. I only get to go when my friend from MI (“Hi, IU 73!”) offers his season tickets for my use. That said, he just texted me with an offer for tomorrow night and I declined because both my brother and I paid extra for Peacock, plus I’m down on the team.

Years ago, during the you-know-who glory years, our family had season tickets, always in Sec A, varying between rows 13-19. One year I got greedy and requested “other side of aisle in Sec B,” thinking a little lateral shift to the left would create minimal disturbance. WRONG! They sent us packing up to SecA, Row 41. We mailed them back to stick up their ass, remorseful for how good we once had it, never again.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Giant companies have f**ked with our food to the point of ruining our gut bacteria and causing all kinds of food allergies. Go to Europe sometime and eat some of the same types of foods that we pass as all things equal over here. The quality of their wheat and dairy are night and day different. My gf and I went to Rome last may. She has gluten and dairy allergies in the U.S. and can eat whatever the hell she feels like over there. So damn depressing.

Seat 1 and 2, adjacent to the aisle. I only get to go when my friend from MI (“Hi, IU 73!”) offers his season tickets for my use. That said, he just texted me with an offer for tomorrow night and I declined because both my brother and I paid extra for Peacock, plus I’m down on the team.

Years ago, during the you-know-who glory years, our family had season tickets, always in Sec A, varying between rows 13-19. One year I got greedy and requested “other side of aisle in Sec B,” thinking a little lateral shift to the left would create minimal disturbance. WRONG! They sent us packing up to SecA, Row 41. We mailed them back to stick up their ass, remorseful for how good we once had it, never again.
Yeah, if I want to move to B, it's usually row 32 or higher. I actually like my seats because you can see the entire floor pretty well when IU plays at the other end of the court the 2nd half. And the seats are low enough to get a good view for the entire game.

I started splitting my tickets with my friend and he's going tomorrow night. I'm flying up from Florida for the final game against MSU on the 10th - don't ask me why.

Yeah, if I want to move to B, it's usually row 32 or higher. I actually like my seats because you can see the entire floor pretty well when IU plays at the other end of the court the 2nd half. And the seats are low enough to get a good view for the entire game.

I started splitting my tickets with my friend and he's going tomorrow night. I'm flying up from Florida for the final game against MSU on the 10th - don't ask me why.
Section A is far right, but angled. Some years we were only 5-6 seats from the wall, but the closer to the wall, the more angled they become. Plus, you don’t want to be too close to the aisle in A or the late and early “birds” flock…excuse me, block your court vision before perching. Like I said earlier in other words, it was one of a handful of big mistakes made in my life, to date. If I had only known the consequences of my action, oft repeated.

Giant companies have f**ked with our food to the point of ruining our gut bacteria and causing all kinds of food allergies. Go to Europe sometime and eat some of the same types of foods that we pass as all things equal over here. The quality of their wheat and dairy are night and day different. My gf and I went to Rome last may. She has gluten and dairy allergies in the U.S. and can eat whatever the hell she feels like over there. So damn depressing.
Went to Spain and Portugal this past fall and I can verify that the food is just better. Every place we stayed had a kitchen so we ate breakfast in and at least one of the other meals out. The eggs and bread are the ones we noticed right away . The eggs were dirty, they don't scrub them and they don't need to be refrigerated. The yolks were bright and almost orange. The bread was dense and tasty. We were there for 17 days, ate a lot, drank port had desserts.

Lost three pounds.

Hippies used to wear buffalo sandals cured in buffalo urine and they survived, along with a lower incidence of athlete's foot being reported.

Baseball players use to pee on themselves (some might still, don't know), all the time

• Wow
Went to Spain and Portugal this past fall and I can verify that the food is just better. Every place we stayed had a kitchen so we ate breakfast in and at least one of the other meals out. The eggs and bread are the ones we noticed right away . The eggs were dirty, they don't scrub them and they don't need to be refrigerated. The yolks were bright and almost orange. The bread was dense and tasty. We were there for 17 days, ate a lot, drank port had desserts.

Lost three pounds.
I lost 5 pounds in 10 days in Italy and ate whatever I wanted, as much as I wanted. Did a lot of walking around, but I work out regularly here too.

Baseball players use to pee on themselves (some might still, don't know), all the time

I liked the line, "You don't want to shake my hand during Spring training."

My line is, "Never stand before a urinal with your shoes untied." Ask me how I know and then let's shake on it."

I tell my line to total strangers in the men's room...well, the first part I do, just the quoted part. This includes the far side, the far end side men's room in AH, so if you heard this one, this aphorism if you will, it was me and you thank me later.

Another one, again mine. "Never finish a pee if from the adjacent urinal you hear clucking noises. My brother tells the story of being in San Francisco many years ago, in a men's room, a public one. It had the old fashioned, full length porcelain testicles...excuse me receptacles, with no privacy barriers between. He was mid-urination, standing fairly far down the way. There must have been 15-20 all in a line and he was more away than he was near, a thing not needing to be done when you're the only one. Well, what do you know? Another guy walks in and way down, too, to stand next to him. My brother said he never looked any way but straight and all he could hear was a sporadic clucking noise. To this day, I find myself listening for those clucking sounds of distorted mouth. Now, you will, too!

"Cluck, cluck........cluck, cluck, CLUCK!"

And yet people eat rice..... ever seen a water buffalo shit in a rice field?
According to the FDA, insect and rodent filth can appear in peanut butter, but in very small fragments. The FDA limits insect filth to an average of 30 or more fragments per 100 grams of peanut butter, and rodent filth to an average of one or more rodent hairs per 100 grams of peanut butter. :)

Lost three pounds.
I only get eggs from free-range chickens. Big difference in yolk color between them and regular eggs.

I did a 6 month project in Paris and every lunch - EVERY lunch - we went out and had a jambon sandwich - basically a plain ham sandwich with butter and lots of bread. It was odd at first, but I really began to like it. Lost 10 pounds.

People in France will buy about a 3 foot long piece of bread and just snack on it all day - walk around with it under their arm. Very odd, but their bread is awesome.

Reactions: BradStevens
I would guess that a great percentage of the American public has never tasted a tomato that tastes the way it is supposed to taste. In Europe, they sell what's in season. In America, everything is in season all year round.

When I was a kid, there were 2 or 3 places where the vegetables came straight from the field to the little stands where the farmers sold them. We used to grow strawberries in our back yard garden that look nothing like what strawberries look like today. They were small and tasted great. I worked for a guy early in my career who moved here from the UK. He couldn't believe how amazing the strawberries LOOKED, but how awful they tasted.

Anyway...Hank Hill said it best:

I would guess that a great percentage of the American public has never tasted a tomato that tastes the way it is supposed to taste. In Europe, they sell what's in season. In America, everything is in season all year round.

When I was a kid, there were 2 or 3 places where the vegetables came straight from the field to the little stands where the farmers sold them. We used to grow strawberries in our back yard garden that look nothing like what strawberries look like today. They were small and tasted great. I worked for a guy early in my career who moved here from the UK. He couldn't believe how amazing the strawberries LOOKED, but how awful they tasted.

It’s sad. Sugar in absolutely everything

Reactions: DrHoops
Seriously, some of those store bought tomatoes have no flavor. I've told my wife that I closed my eyes and and someone gave me a slice of tomato to eat I would have no idea what I was eating.

Jiff has the bestest, most favorable rodent filth then.

We have a little backyard garden for tomatoes, peppers, greenbeans, beets, and greens. Not very big, but we get enough to eat something almost every day from June through September.

Nothing beats homegrown tomatoes.
Completely agree. We get so spoiled during the summer just picking super fresh stuff each day. I think I eat a tomato salad damn near every day. I’m also a big fan of having fresh peppers. Whipping up a fresh salsa for taco night is clutch.

Agreed. It's the one thing along with peppers that I grow in my garden every year. I still do a few larger varieties, but I've changed my focus mostly to grape and cherry tomatoes as the yield is so good. They are versatile. make a great Bolognese, toss them into a soup, stew or sauté and they freeze well (either whole or as a sauce) so I can enjoy them year round.

We still have those stands in the towns & types of places that you have repeatedly ridiculed & disparaged.

Jiff has the bestest, most favorable rodent filth then.

We have a little backyard garden for tomatoes, peppers, greenbeans, beets, and greens. Not very big, but we get enough to eat something almost every day from June through September.

I don't buy anything but Jiff. My wife buys the cheapest available and you know what - they taste like shit. If we have 2 jars of peanut butter - the Jiff I buy and the Peter Pan she buys - she'll use the Jiff all the time and then we're stuck with the other.

I likes my rodent filth.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT