ADVERTISEMENT

Other JMU coaches are reported to be joining too

TomEric4756

All-Big Ten
Sep 20, 2021
As Cignetti’s tenure begins, it was reported Friday that he would bring at least three James Madison coaches with him to Indiana. 247Sports’ Matt Zenitz reported Friday that defensive coordinator Bryant Haines, offensive coordinator Mike Shanahan and quarterbacks coach Tino Sunseri would join him in Bloomington.

Haines was a semifinalist for the Broyles Award, which recognizes the best assistant coach in college football. Shanahan helped lead the Dukes to a top-25 ranking nationally in scoring.

https://saturdaytradition.com/india...indiana-reportedly-set-to-bring-3-assistants/

I'm hoping we snag a few players. I don't know what eligibility is left for any of these guys but JMU has...

A QB who has 40 TDs (8 rusning) to 9 int's.

2 WR's that had over 1,000 yds to go with 8 & 9 tds.

The nation's sack leader (15.5) and the #9 in the nation in sacks (10).

Reactions: vesuvius13
I'm hoping we snag a few players. I don't know what eligibility is left for any of these guys but JMU has...

A QB who has 40 TDs (8 rusning) to 9 int's.

2 WR's that had over 1,000 yds to go with 8 & 9 tds.

The nation's sack leader (15.5) and the #9 in the nation in sacks (10).
The starting Lb is in the portal.

Early signing day is Mon Dec 4 as I recall … hope the NIL war chest gets fully funded. 3 - 5 million was suggested by one ‘sports authority’ … the fund raising announcement was 3 … or about 35k per scholarship
If a top shelf QB really costs $2M, that’s not gonna leave a lot for anyone else to divy up.

I had to look it up a couple days ago. LOL "Mike Shanahan, is that a relation?" Does have a good track record seems like a promising coach.

Local sports talk radio here reported Joe Tiller said one of his success factors was to bring his WY staff with him, so he wouldn’t have to coach his coaches.
Exactly. I'm sure they are all in line for a nice pay increase if they come to IU as well. My biggest concern is if JMU offers the HC job to one of their current coordinators, and several decide to stay in place and be promoted.

Exactly. I'm sure they are all in line for a nice pay increase if they come to IU as well. My biggest concern is if JMU offers the HC job to one of their current coordinators, and several decide to stay in place and be promoted.
It sounds like JMU is going outside for their hire.

Bostad will be kept
I would think, given how extensive and successful both of their careers have been, that Cig and Bostad may very well already know each other. And I have to think that, between his time at Wisconsin and his stint in the NFL, Bostad can coach OL in just about every offensive system that’s out there.

I assume BB may get a bump in pay as well.

Reactions: 76-1
Lots of threads out there and I’m not sure if this is mentioned elsewhere, but I just noticed JMUs DC was a GA at Indiana in 2012 and was also on Ohio State’s staff as a Linebacker coach when they won the National championship. Looks like he has previous ties to Indiana and the B1G.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT