ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sparty / Minnesota 2.15.23 Game Postponed

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
Any idea when this game is being played? We are in the final week of regular season play. I do not see it on the schedule for either team. Seeing that Sparty is fighting for a high finish in B1G play and a bid to the tournament, would think it gets scheduled, regardless of either teams standings.

Don't think it's happening. Rutger needed to reschedule their game with minny to make it work, and they said they won't reschedule it because of travel considerations.

Reactions: aajohn2000
So they just lose the game and will finish league play with 19 games played? Seems unfair.
Minny would be Q3 win, so won't affect NCAA seeding just the BTT.

Izzo has been whining about it for the last week though.

Minny would be Q3 win, so won't affect NCAA seeding just the BTT.

Izzo has been whining about it for the last week though.
Currently a 4 team tie for second with 11-7 records. Assume IU would be 4 since we are 0-3 vs NW and Maryland. Purdue definitely going to take overall #1. Question is who fills 2-4 and in what order. A big week ahead and it starts with Iowa on Tuesday. Need to handle this one and then get ready for Michigan. That one concerns me.

Spartans canceled the game, right? For very understandable reasons but it was their decision. If it can’t be rescheduled they should be charged with a forfeit.
Well it could be rescheduled but Rutgers refused to help make it happen.

Spartans canceled the game, right? For very understandable reasons but it was their decision. If it can’t be rescheduled they should be charged with a forfeit.
Exactly. In theory its a game that could have been played as it was not due to Covid or some massive weather event. At the end of the day it is on MS and I honestly do not feel too bad for Izzo if the game is never played.

Hard to feel sorry for Izzo as I cannot stand that guy.

EAST LANSING — Michigan State basketball will finish the Big Ten regular season with only 19 games played. And Tom Izzo isn’t happy about it.

Izzo announced Monday the Spartans won’t make up their home game against Minnesota that was originally postponed in the wake of the Feb. 13 mass shooting on MSU’s campus in which three students were killed and five others seriously wounded.

“Maybe I blame the Big Ten office on what I (heard). I did not think that it was very aggressively handled early,” Izzo said. “And as I look back, it might have been one of those things because of TV, because of all the stuff, there's just nothing that could be done. It's too bad. I know this. I know (Minnesota coach Ben Johnson) wanted to do everything he could do to play. …

Hard to feel sorry for Izzo as I cannot stand that guy.

EAST LANSING — Michigan State basketball will finish the Big Ten regular season with only 19 games played. And Tom Izzo isn’t happy about it.

Izzo announced Monday the Spartans won’t make up their home game against Minnesota that was originally postponed in the wake of the Feb. 13 mass shooting on MSU’s campus in which three students were killed and five others seriously wounded.

“Maybe I blame the Big Ten office on what I (heard). I did not think that it was very aggressively handled early,” Izzo said. “And as I look back, it might have been one of those things because of TV, because of all the stuff, there's just nothing that could be done. It's too bad. I know this. I know (Minnesota coach Ben Johnson) wanted to do everything he could do to play. …
Prayers for the victims.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT