ADVERTISEMENT

OT Rondale Moore

It's funny, as much as I hate Purdue (admittedly a maniacal amount), I do find myself appreciating random players. I liked Drew Brees (post-college), Ralph Bolden (post-ACL), and Dustin Keller (Lafayette Jeff connection.) The Moore kid is really talented and I don't mind if he has 10,000 yards as long as Purdue goes 0-12.

It's funny, as much as I hate Purdue (admittedly a maniacal amount), I do find myself appreciating random players. I liked Drew Brees (post-college), Ralph Bolden (post-ACL), and Dustin Keller (Lafayette Jeff connection.) The Moore kid is really talented and I don't mind if he has 10,000 yards as long as Purdue goes 0-12.

He broke the Purdue all time single game all purpose yardage record in his first game....It had stood since ‘72

My son was in high school with him (Trinity in Louisville). I saw him play a few times there, and while I knew he would be good, he's much better than what I thought he would be in college. Brohm has done a great job in finding ways to use him.

My son says he's a great guy too. Hope he does well - except against IU.

He os very impressive. I've been watching the BTN shows and they were at Purdue earlier this week and interviewed him. Seems like a good kid and was well spoken. I'm sure there are exceptions but i think if you met most of these kids no matter what team they play for you would probably like them. There are probably arrogant jerks and troublemakers but there are more than 1200 Big Ten football players so there is bound to be a few. I think you could go into a church congregation of 1200 and find jerks and troublemakers!

We could have 10 kids with Cancer, having an IU game dedicated to them, and playing against a Semi-Pro team of ISIS members, and Purdue fans would still cheer against us.

With that being said. R.I.P Tyler Trent.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
We could have 10 kids with Cancer, having an IU game dedicated to them, and playing against a Semi-Pro team of ISIS members, and Purdue fans would still cheer against us.

Some a-holes at ALL schools are insufferable, don’t pretend to lump all Purdue fans. All but 2-3 days of the year the vast majority of our fanbases coexist in harmony in the community, in the workplace and in households.

That is the difference between the two fanbase's relative position in the rivalry. Happens in other rivalries as well.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
Honestly despite the rivalry I was rooting for Purdue vs OSU because the game was dedicated to tyler trent. That and OSU sucks.

That was a tragic but moving story. I was in TAH lobby prior to the PU game when the PU guys that walked/ran from WL to Btown for Tyler came in. They were approached by a large number of IU fans shaking their hands, patting them on the back and taking selfies. Ushers finally helped them move along toward their seats.

This was one of the two days each year when the PU rivalry is at it's peak from an IU fan's perspective and less than an hour before tipoff and yet this was the demonstrative response.

can't wait for him to leave.

most impactful non QB in the league in a long time.

Barry Sandersesq.
Showing my age here, but as a kid in B-town my dad would take me to the open Fall & Spring scrimmages and I distinctly remember the excitement generated when Marv Woodson would be streaking down the sideline returning a kickoff.....Moore reminds me of him, tho I think injuries kept Woodson from ever living up to his potential....

Reactions: vesuvius13
My son was in high school with him (Trinity in Louisville). I saw him play a few times there, and while I knew he would be good, he's much better than what I thought he would be in college. Brohm has done a great job in finding ways to use him.

My son says he's a great guy too. Hope he does well - except against IU.

I agree. He has been much more effective at Purdue than at Trinity, but Purdue does more than throw to him wide on the edge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT