ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. Chip Kelly

He is 60 and probably not wanting to deal with NIl and transfer portal. Plus the B1G is going to be a grind for those west coast teams. All those things have been mentioned. Kelly wanted out long before the OSU job. He interviewed for OC jobs from just about anyone and anywhere he could.

He is 60 and probably not wanting to deal with NIl and transfer portal. Plus the B1G is going to be a grind for those west coast teams. All those things have been mentioned. Kelly wanted out long before the OSU job. He interviewed for OC jobs from just about anyone and anywhere he could.
Our new coach (at age 62), doesn't seem to be phased by nil or the portal. He says just show me the rules and we'll adapt.

This is a bad move by Ryan Day. Chipper’s best days are in the rear view mirror and fading. I watched every UCLA game this year (Carson Steele) and he routinely outsmarted himself. If I’m the new dude at Michigan, I’m buying drinks for my staff right about now.

I do but he isn’t chip kelly. Many are saying Kelly doesn’t want to deal with it. Not everyone is built the same. Could be ucla and Kelly divorce was mutual.
It's not like Kelly is insulated from recruiting and NIL as an OC though. He's still going to be knee deep in both.

Knee deep instead of neck deep is an improvement, I suppose.

UCLA and NIL really don't exist together.

In today's world, it's a small miracle Kelly was able to get the kids he did considering the lack of funds he was working with considering the schools he was going up against out west.

He didn't want to deal with it anymore so he went with his good friend Ryan Day, who he's known for a long time. This is a really good move for OSU.

UCLA and NIL really don't exist together.

In today's world, it's a small miracle Kelly was able to get the kids he did considering the lack of funds he was working with considering the schools he was going up against out west.

He didn't want to deal with it anymore so he went with his good friend Ryan Day, who he's known for a long time. This is a really good move for OSU.
You got it, there is zero NIL money at UCLA

I thought Ryan Day was a bit of a dope, and was glad he was going to remain Ohio State's coach. But this seems like a strong move for them. Maybe I underestimate Day. He doesn't have to be an elite coach, just good at a bunch of other things that keep their program rolling. Staff hires is certainly one of those.

I thought Ryan Day was a bit of a dope, and was glad he was going to remain Ohio State's coach. But this seems like a strong move for them. Maybe I underestimate Day. He doesn't have to be an elite coach, just good at a bunch of other things that keep their program rolling. Staff hires is certainly one of those.
Don't we just know!

I'm too lazy tp look, but is an assistant taking over or will they hire a new head coach? The timing sucks to happen this close to spring practices.

This is a brilliant move by OSU. Improve your program at the expense of a competitor.
Good point.

I like OSU improving their program at the expense of our competitor. Not so sure UCLA is much of a competitor to Ohio State.

I'm too lazy tp look, but is an assistant taking over or will they hire a new head coach? The timing sucks to happen this close to spring practices.

This is a brilliant move by OSU. Improve your program at the expense of a competitor.
UCLA is hiring former NFL RB Deshaun Foster for HC. He has never been a HC before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT