ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Refs are stealing the game away from Northwestern at MSU!!!!

Tscurlo

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
Finally.... NW wins!!!

But the refs tried to take it away.

Called a bump on Young guarding Marble.... which wasn't a foul.
Then... on the other end.... Marble mauls Young on the other end... NO CALL.

Then...... NW gets a rebound and just has to hold the ball. Young and Buie were both holding
the ball... not moving.... but the refs callled travel. Then reviews for the clock to give Izzo time to
set up a play,

MSU tosses any ally opp to Marble for a tap in... but they call Young for a foul... Anywhere else its a no call.

Three times the refs put themselves in the game when they shouldn't have.

Last edited:
I think the officials finally gave up on coming up with a way to give the gave to MSU. I thought they would call a lane violation on that last foul.

I doubt there was much money to be made on the ML against NW but we can assume their envelope was a little short when they left the building. lol

Not necessarily true. Professional gamblers will often lay a lot to win a little. If refs are being paid, it’s by the professionals. It’s the losers (like me) who chase crazy odds. I did have NU +7.7 today! 💰

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Not necessarily true. Professional gamblers will often lay a lot to win a little. If refs are being paid, it’s by the professionals. It’s the losers (like me) who chase crazy odds. I did have NU +7.7 today! 💰
I was not being serious. I do NOT believe the officials were on the take. The idea professional gamblers would pay big bucks to make sure a prohibitive favorite covered the money line seems a bit curious. They could have made life easier on themselves paying for NW to cover the spread and few would be the least bit curious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT