ADVERTISEMENT

OT Oladipo traded for Caris LeVert

I loved having Vic in the Pacer organization. He was getting his legs back after his injury. Perhaps he didn't want to be in Indiana anymore or the organization was looking at long term. Just saw that Lavert is 2 yrs younger than Vic and his contract is for 2 more yrs than Vic. This could be a good move on the Pacers end. But I do wish Vic well. I like him.

Last edited:
I loved having Vic in the Pacer organization. He was getting his legs back after his injury. Perhaps he didn't want to be in Indiana anymore or the organization was looking at long term.

Don’t get it. I fail to see how this makes the team better, especially after the Warren injury. Lavert seems like a role player at best to me, unless I’ve just been oblivious to how he’s done in the league so far, which is possible as I only follow the Pacers. Where are Vic’s points going to come from? Sad part is, they looked to have some potential early on and Vic seemed to be on the mend.

Don’t get it. I fail to see how this makes the team better, especially after the Warren injury. Lavert seems like a role player at best to me, unless I’ve just been oblivious to how he’s done in the league so far, which is possible as I only follow the Pacers. Where are Vic’s points going to come from? Sad part is, they looked to have some potential early on and Vic seemed to be on the mend.

Levert is a stud. He scored 43 in a game just 5 days ago. Role player my ***.

First, this could have many reasons. Oladipo was telling other players this summer he wanted to go to a big city. The GM and Vic could've spoke in person and the GM asked him if its true. If so, don't go public like Paul George. Publicly reaffirm your want to stay and we will find a viable trade partner as the season goes on. A gentleman move by Vic so he can score big points in Houston and then go get money in a big city. Or the GM just got scared because of what Paul George did and didn't want to be left hanging.

With that all being said, Caris LeVert Player Efficiency Rating (PER) has him ranked 43rd in the league (as a part time starter in Brooklyn) while Oladipo is ranked 93rd as a full time starter on a team where he is the first option. That is not to imply Oladipo is a worse player as he is still working his way back but that is the prime comparison number most use today.

Lastly, Oladipo is a FA at seasons end while Caris LeVert is under contract until after the 2022-23 season. He is 2 years younger than Vic and averaging a little over 1 point less per game than Vic, again as a part time starter.

So there is justification for Indiana to possibly make this trade on skill merit alone but I would surmise there was other justifications.

Hate to see Victor go, but it was his choice. Pacers also get a draft pick. Could be a real win for the Pacers. Hope Vic supports IU long term.

Purely a business move by the Pacers. Vic was going to leave in Free Agency after the season and the Pacers would have gotten nothing for him. Lavert just scored 43 points last Friday for the Nets on 7-9 3pt, 6-6FT. Lavert had a 51 point game last season I believe. The Pacers chose Lavert with the 20th pick in the 1st Round but traded him while he was still injured. Lavert is a big guard at 6'6" who can create his own shot. This is the type of player that I thought Romeo could have become for IU, but then Romeo was inured in his only season in Bloomington.

Last edited:
Has anyone thought it was strange that Vic was never seen with a woman? Houston will be a more friendly environment for him!

• Wow
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
Has anyone thought it was strange that Vic was never seen with a woman? Houston will be a more friendly environment for him!

What the? I can't remember seeing a lot of athletes with women. With that said, he was swooning for that host of Masked Singer.

Either way, strange comment.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
That host of Masked Singer seemed to be in to him too. She actually used to sing with Days of the New which was a band from down here in Charlestown Indiana. Close to Jeffersonville and New Albany.

That host of Masked Singer seemed to be in to him too. She actually used to sing with Days of the New which was a band from down here in Charlestown Indiana. Close to Jeffersonville and New Albany.
What was her name? I didn’t think you could answer that question!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT