ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kelvin Sampson and Houston agree to extension through 20-21 season

You may be right but Crean's immoral lack of discipline on DUI almost lead to the death of a player.

Crean put winning above morals. He is by far the worst when it comes to "morality". Sampson never gambled with lives like that
You think Crean consciously "gambled with" Devin Davis' life?

There are a lot of things to find fault with regarding Crean. To do what you suggest would be a deliberate attempt to put a player in harms way. While I agree Crean's discipline (or lack thereof) ultimately led to Davis' accident, Crean couldn't have known something like THAT would happen.

You may be right but Crean's immoral lack of discipline on DUI almost lead to the death of a player.

Crean put winning above morals. He is by far the worst when it comes to "morality". Sampson never gambled with lives like that
"may be right" ruins your argument right there. If you can't see that Samscum was the worst decision IU made then there is no more discussion needed. Are you faulting Crean for giving DD another chance? These are young people we are talking about.

Please elaborate
last i checked, emmitt holt was driving, not CTC. DD was drunk and made the mistake. CTC had nothing to do with it. it was a tragic accident. last i checked, emmitt is no longer with the team. we are more relevant now than we have been in a long time!! you are CTC hater. get off the website. nobody wants to see your junk, especially the coaches or players.

Reactions: Kylehornsbyrules
last i checked, emmitt holt was driving, not CTC. DD was drunk and made the mistake. CTC had nothing to do with it. it was a tragic accident. last i checked, emmitt is no longer with the team. we are more relevant now than we have been in a long time!! you are CTC hater. get off the website. nobody wants to see your junk, especially the coaches or players.

Best post in a while. Thanks for educating me I thought tom Crean was driving and hit Devin Davis himself

Can I sigh twice?

What you obviously don't understand is that the culture within the team is what led to that accident. Both the coach and players contributed to it, and it continued until IU decided to take a stand and separate certain kids from the program who refused to conduct themselves properly. That culture, by the way, didn't just materialize overnight, and it flowered as a result of a permissive attitude that created the very real impression that there were limited consequences for poor judgment.

So tell me then if it more than just winning basketball games ... Why is everybody calling for Crean head because he hasn't advanced past the Sweet 16... Yea and your probably right about being a little immature ... I did start watching IU Basketball real close when I was 15.... In 1970.... Like a Great American once said " I've forgotten more about Basketball than you'll Ever know"
Wrong. Not "everybody" is "calling for Crean head because he hasn't advanced past the Sweet 16". Typical ploy: speaking for other people who disagree.

What you obviously don't understand is that the culture within the team is what led to that accident. Both the coach and players contributed to it, and it continued until IU decided to take a stand and separate certain kids from the program who refused to conduct themselves properly. That culture, by the way, didn't just materialize overnight, and it flowered as a result of a permissive attitude that created the very real impression that there were limited consequences for poor judgment.

Why is this concept so hard for people to grasp?

Wrong. Not "everybody" is "calling for Crean head because he hasn't advanced past the Sweet 16". Typical ploy: speaking for other people who disagree.
Either you don't read this Form or you just returned from Mars... There isn't a day that goes by that 8 out of 10 people are screaming for Glass to fire Crean and for McRoberts to fire Glass... It may not be 100%...but 80% is pretty close to everyone

Either you don't read this Form or you just returned from Mars... There isn't a day that goes by that 8 out of 10 people are screaming for Glass to fire Crean and for McRoberts to fire Glass... It may not be 100%...but 80% is pretty close to everyone
It might be the inverse (20% calling for his removal), but no more. And it's "McRobbie" not "McRoberts". By the way, McRobbie cares little for sports.

Why is this concept so hard for people to grasp?

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
I thought that seemed familiar.

Reactions: sshogue
You Sir :
Are a Genius...!!! Genius.... My Hat's Off to You..!!

Lol

"It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT