ADVERTISEMENT

OSU is winning this game for sure.

My first post in maybe 3 or 4 years......maybe longer...idunno. Anyway, it is a crossroads season with a coach in the crosshairs. My take on that debate is this:
Archie can coach. Maybe he can't coach this team at this university at this time...but he can coach...and maybe he can....right here, right now. He still has Crean players. Recruiting? Has Butler ever recruited a 5 star? Anyway....Archie ain;t going anywhere this season. IU, should they make the tournament will have turned the corner in several ways.
Those who remember any of my posts when Crean was on the hotseat know that my dream coach at IU was and remains Billy Donovan. That aint happening. I do think Archie is a better coach than his brother...but not on his level as a recruiter.
I think IUs recruiting fortunes lie in first, making the NCAAs...and winning the first game. After that, recruiting must be the single biggest priority with visible support for IUs coach.

If IU fails to make the tournament, or gets bounced in the first round....I think Archie needs to find a better fit after year 4....both sides will benefit from that. Some coaches aren't meant to be long term. We don't know yet what we have. But four years and no tournament or a bid and bounce in game 1 will tell us where IU needs to go. I miss the good old days.

It's not hard to see why you don't post very often, you should be embarrassed... Take another extended break!!!

My first post in maybe 3 or 4 years......maybe longer...idunno. Anyway, it is a crossroads season with a coach in the crosshairs. My take on that debate is this:
Archie can coach. Maybe he can't coach this team at this university at this time...but he can coach...and maybe he can....right here, right now. He still has Crean players. Recruiting? Has Butler ever recruited a 5 star? Anyway....Archie ain;t going anywhere this season. IU, should they make the tournament will have turned the corner in several ways.
Those who remember any of my posts when Crean was on the hotseat know that my dream coach at IU was and remains Billy Donovan. That aint happening. I do think Archie is a better coach than his brother...but not on his level as a recruiter.
I think IUs recruiting fortunes lie in first, making the NCAAs...and winning the first game. After that, recruiting must be the single biggest priority with visible support for IUs coach.

If IU fails to make the tournament, or gets bounced in the first round....I think Archie needs to find a better fit after year 4....both sides will benefit from that. Some coaches aren't meant to be long term. We don't know yet what we have. But four years and no tournament or a bid and bounce in game 1 will tell us where IU needs to go. I miss the good old days.

March 19, 2017

This is a typical Archie/Holtman game. Holtman has better shooters and he will find a way to get them enough shots to win.

This program is trash. No two ways around it. Their Center would be the best shooter on our team.

giphy.gif

It was a good win. The best thing about it was the energy and intensity the team brought. That needs to happen in every game going forward.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
This is a typical Archie/Holtman game. Holtman has better shooters and he will find a way to get them enough shots to win.

This program is trash. No two ways around it. Their Center would be the best shooter on our team.
Fire fkfootball!

He knows nothing about basketball!! He has no discipline! No better than a Div. III poster at best! Doesn't belong here! Looks lost! Has no idea who to recruit!! Make Glass ban him before Glass is replaced! Players he calls worthless don't listen to him -- IU players play well when he says they suck!! And OSU players suck when he says they're unbeatable!! He's probably Randy Jenkins or fpeaugh!!

Fire fkfootball!

He knows nothing about basketball!! He has no discipline! No better than a Div. III poster at best! Doesn't belong here! Looks lost! Has no idea who to recruit!! Make Glass ban him before Glass is replaced! Players he calls worthless don't listen to him -- IU players play well when he says they suck!! And OSU players suck when he says they're unbeatable!! He's probably Randy Jenkins or fpeaugh!!

Hahahahahahahahaha Randy Jenkins. Forgot about that cat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT