ADVERTISEMENT

Organized shoplifting leads to $400 million loss for Target

Done. I'll wear a puffy coat. White and middle aged they're damn near asking me to steal. It's that easy. Then if i wear my Yellowstone Dutton Ranch hat i could probably get an Iphone14 for him too
I really hope you are prowling the Vegas convention booths in a Dutton cowboy hat.

Welcome back. Can you get a PS 5 for my kid for Christmas? He's demanding one.

Done. I'll wear a puffy coat. White and middle aged they're damn near asking me to steal. It's that easy. Then if i wear my Yellowstone Dutton Ranch hat i could probably get an Iphone14 for him too

Careful, you're going to breach the threshold. Part of the issue is nobody can do anything if the amount of theft is significant, but under $1,000 or whatever.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
There are only 2000 Target locations. That's YOY change in inventory loss of 200K per store. The article mentions that nationally, inventory shrinkage is staying at about the five-year average.

Sounds like Target has a procedures or management problem.

Walmart and Home Depot, two stores that typically have "greeters" of sorts at the entrances and exits, seem to be less affected than Target. I wonder if that is driving some of the issue.

Saw on a different article a while back that Walmart has an estimated 3 billion in lost revenue per year due to theft. A good portion of that is theft by employees though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT