ADVERTISEMENT

Only good stuff

zgtcxk37j4kc1.jpg

Showing off for the dash cam - love it!
That look over his shoulder, directly into the camera was a nice touch.

Actually, that was him looking at the oncoming truck. I thought it was a wink and a nod the first time I watched it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
Science.

"Cystic fibrosis once all but guaranteed an early death. When the disease was first identified, in the 1930s, most babies born with CF died in infancy. The next decades were a grind of incremental medical progress: A child born with CF in the ’50s could expect to live until age 5. In the ’70s, age 10. In the early 2000s, age 35. With Trikafta came a quantum leap. Today, those who begin taking the drug in early adolescence, a recent study projected, can expect to survive to age 82.5—an essentially normal life span."​

Last edited:
Science.

"Cystic fibrosis once all but guaranteed an early death. When the disease was first identified, in the 1930s, most babies born with CF died in infancy. The next decades were a grind of incremental medical progress: A child born with CF in the ’50s could expect to live until age 5. In the ’70s, age 10. In the early 2000s, age 35. With Trikafta came a quantum leap. Today, those who begin taking the drug in early adolescence, a recent study projected, can expect to survive to age 82.5—an essentially normal life span."​

my grandmother and two others started the cycstic fibrosis foundation chapter here. she had twins who died of it when they were 5. i guess i carry the gene for it and my daughter's chronic pancreatitis is somehow linked to it

I don't believe it. Has to be a hoax.
No, the hoax is the “perfectly elastic” assumption on a “frictionless“ one dimensional plane … where none of the kinetic energy gets converted to heat, where momentum is lost. The real world has inelastic collisions.

Now in a gaseous state of matter … temperature is the average kinetic energy of the molecules comprising the gas. While the elastic model well explains the interaction of the gas molecules, the interaction of the gas molecules with the container walls is inelastic. Heat is thereby transferred to the container’s walls (assuming the container is cooler than the gas), and the gas cools.

(Yes I did pass a Physics (for physical science majors) in Wylie Hall).

No, the hoax is the “perfectly elastic” assumption on a “frictionless“ one dimensional plane … where none of the kinetic energy gets converted to heat, where momentum is lost. The real world has inelastic collisions.

Now in a gaseous state of matter … temperature is the average kinetic energy of the molecules comprising the gas. While the elastic model well explains the interaction of the gas molecules, the interaction of the gas molecules with the container walls is inelastic. Heat is thereby transferred to the container’s walls (assuming the container is cooler than the gas), and the gas cools.

(Yes I did pass a Physics (for physical science majors) in Wylie Hall).
I think he was referring to the last bit about the number of collisions always equalling numbers of pi.