ADVERTISEMENT

One Of The Best High School Backcourts In Northern Indiana

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
Is at Tipton, who is currently 4-0. Sophomore Grady Carpenter has had a double-double every game and is averaging 14 PPG and 10 APG. Junior Nolan Swan is shooting 57% (30-52) inside the arc and 54% (17-31) from 3 point range and averaging 20 PPG and 4 SPG. Tipton is #16 in the state in scoring, averaging 73 PPG. Should be a good game against Western tonight, since the Panthers are holding opponents to 39 PPG ans is #24 in Indiana.

We'll find out tomorrow how "for real" Penn is. They play Zionsville down at Southport.

Penn thumped a good Crown Point team last week. And they won't get much resistance by the teams up by them throughout the year. But they do play Zionsville tomorrow, and then Ben Davis after the new year.

I think Penn is a sleeper to actually win state this year. Tomorrow might give a glimpse to whether they're an actual contender to the Indy schools or not.

It's thought Swan could be a small school D-1 player and Carpenter could be a mid-major or potentially a high major player.
Swan naia or D2. Carpenter possibly low D1. Be interesting if he can guard D1 level point guards. Needs to grow into his body some and gain Strength and athleticism. Great passer though. You from Tipton?

And since Indy is in the middle of the state, anything south of Indy is southern Indiana. That's how that direction stuff works
Uh hmmm. South central indiana is Bartholomew, Brown, Decatur, Greene, Jackson, Jennings, Lawrence, Monroe and Owen. 😉🤣

Is at Tipton, who is currently 4-0. Sophomore Grady Carpenter has had a double-double every game and is averaging 14 PPG and 10 APG. Junior Nolan Swan is shooting 57% (30-52) inside the arc and 54% (17-31) from 3 point range and averaging 20 PPG and 4 SPG. Tipton is #16 in the state in scoring, averaging 73 PPG. Should be a good game against Western tonight, since the Panthers are holding opponents to 39 PPG ans is #24 in Indiana.
Your post got me thinking about a guard who is a Senior at S. Bend Marion. His name is Deaglan Sullivan. I'm not saying he is going to be a great college player, but he is very enjoyable to watch on the high school level.

Swan naia or D2. Carpenter possibly low D1. Be interesting if he can guard D1 level point guards. Needs to grow into his body some and gain Strength and athleticism. Great passer though. You from Tipton?
No, I grew up in Kokomo. Still have family there.

I was raised to understand that southern Indiana starts at Route 30.
I was born and mostly raised just 15 minutes east of Valpo so I learned the same location for southern Indiana. Proverbial farm boy. Never got far from the house, barn and fields. Hell I was 22 before I ever saw Indianapolis. Things changed fast when I got a traveling job a couple years later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT