ADVERTISEMENT

14 Of The Top 25 Scorers This Year In Indiana High School Basketball Are Sophomores Or Juniors

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
#1 Josiah Ball (JR, Maconaquah)- 30.1 PPG
#2 Julius Gizzi (JR, New Palestine)- 29.9 PPG
#4 Cam Craig (JR, Switzerland County)- 26.3 PPG
#5 Braylon Mullins (JR, Greenfield Central)- 26.2 PPG
#9 Carter Kent (JR, Jennings County)- 25 PPG
#10 Trent Sisley (JR, Heritage Hills)- 24.9 PPG
#12 Jack Smiley (JR, Valparaiso)- 23.8 PPG
#14 Deion Edwards (JR, Springs Valley)- 23.6 PPG
#16 Damien King (JR, Anderson)- 23.2 PPG
#18 Nicolas Thomas (JR, Liberty Christian)- 23.1 PPG
#19 Shea Hollendonner (SOPH, Centerville)- 22.9 PPG
#20 Colin Chesnut (JR, Homefires)- 22.8 PPG
#23 Ethan Roseman (SOPH, Chatard)- 22.1 PPG
#25 Joshua Renfro (JR, Christian Academy)- 22 PPG

I had the chance to see Josiah Ball play this.morning on ihsaatv.org. He is not real big but he does have some speed. Rochester handled Maconaquah pretty easily. Last yr I watched a Rochester game and was impressed with their court. It is a nice drawing of a zebra.

I had the chance to see Josiah Ball play this.morning on ihsaatv.org. He is not real big but he does have some speed. Rochester handled Maconaquah pretty easily. Last yr I watched a Rochester game and was impressed with their court. It is a nice drawing of a zebra.
Rochester was on our schedule when I was at Northwestern (1998-02) and we played them at their place ,y Junior year. The day after the game, our AD called me into his office and somewhat jokingly asked, "Were you just having a bad day yesterday? Apparently, Rochester fans heard me use a few "choice words" during the game and called the school the day after and asked him to have me stay home the next time we played there. It didn't matter, I had graduated before we played there again.

Maconaquah could be one of the top teams in 3A if their strategy was more than winning by outscoring the opponent and played tougher defense. They had the 3rd leading scorer in the state last year, and the #1 scorer this year. Not too many schools can say they've had that happen.

• Love
Reactions: VanPastorMan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT