ADVERTISEMENT

ON3 IU Update - Recruiting

We used to get 3 stars. Now hopefully some 4 and 5s.
The portal in today’s game is more important than Freshmen. You need both. But right now, to me, it is all about Tayven and who steps up while Rourke is out.
Recently … 3* … I remember recruits who were 2* …. There may be a premium to play for P4 schools.
Now we get the advantage of a winning record … and a bright future.

remember. CIG doesn't look at stars.

That's true, but it's no coincidence that four and five star players have higher ceilings overall (here I'm making a case for a ratings system, and I don't really like them) then three, two or no stars.

There will be outliers, obviously. But it's no secret that the teams on top continue to bring in the high end talent, which happens to be classes full of stars.

I hate myself now.

That's true, but it's no coincidence that four and five star players have higher ceilings overall (here I'm making a case for a ratings system, and I don't really like them) then three, two or no stars.

There will be outliers, obviously. But it's no secret that the teams on top continue to bring in the high end talent, which happens to be classes full of stars.

I hate myself now.
if coach Cig wants them that's good enough for me.

Does anyone have a list of prospects for 25/26 that we should be keeping an eye out? Saw there were a couple 25 recruits at the Nebraska game who may flip and then obviously JuJu is still being coveted but anybody else on commitment watch?

Does anyone have a list of prospects for 25/26 that we should be keeping an eye out? Saw there were a couple 25 recruits at the Nebraska game who may flip and then obviously JuJu is still being coveted but anybody else on commitment watch?

Off the top of my head:

Katrell Webb, coming for a visit this weekend. Top 100 kid

Kobe Cherry, Tyler's brother

Tayshon Bardo is coming for a second visit. He's a wide receiver from Penn.

Jacob Savage, linebacker from Kentucky.

Those are just off the top of my head. Not saying any of them are committing anytime soon, but those kids are big time targets for the staff, I believe.

Coaches who see stars have continually been hit over the head; by pundits and media hype. Cig looks for talent and he seems to be very good at finding talent without regard for star ratings. Hence the numerous Nebraska fans poo-pooing IU players based on their prior affiliations at JMU (the small school who had never faced a defense the likes of the vaunted blackshirts). Those coaches and lesser star IU players shut that nonsense up before halftime on Saturday.

Off the top of my head:

Those are just off the top of my head. Not saying any of them are committing anytime soon, but those kids are big time targets for the staff, I believe.
Awesome thank you

Off the top of my head:

Heard Kobe Cherry sustained some type of injury, not sure what it was OFY

Off the top of my head:

Also sounding like Burrus will flip to us from Louisville (though has not yet) and sounding very positive to get Byron Baldwin back in the class ( as I said before, that one appears to be all about NIL $)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT