ADVERTISEMENT

Moreno to Kentucky???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Society funds both, no? Teachers are paid OK in some states and horrendously in others. I'm speaking for myself personally, but as pro athletes salaries have spiraled up, I've lost more and more interest and I think at it's core it's because it bothers me that pro bball/fball players are making $30 mill/yr and teachers in NC/SC make $40-55K.
I don't know for sure. I was under the impression that to this point,NIL was from outside businesses,and individual alumni/boosters. That may no longer be the case with the most recent change that allows schools to pay their athlete pool up to $22m(or whatever the # is). I think most people would agree that public school teachers as a whole, should be making more $.

Having said that,teachers unions need torn apart and dismantled. The corruption has a direct impact on our kids.

Society funds both, no? Teachers are paid OK in some states and horrendously in others. I'm speaking for myself personally, but as pro athletes salaries have spiraled up, I've lost more and more interest and I think at it's core it's because it bothers me that pro bball/fball players are making $30 mill/yr and teachers in NC/SC make $40-55K.
Its definitely unfortunate. But I don't see pro athletes any differently than any other elite level professional. Corporate CEOs, high level doctors, high level lawyers...the elite of the elite... in industries and segments that have a very high demand... they make a ton of money. Who else should get the biggest chunks of that money that people are excited to spend their money on?

Teachers, first responders, military... if there are any groups of people that deserve more money, its them. Unfortunately, the people that ultimately decide how much money those people make, for the most part, on BOTH sides of the aisle, look out for themselves and those close to them well before worrying about front line people doing these MOST essential jobs. Paying these people more money isn't on any major candidates platform right now, and it rarely ever is.

Reactions: MIS01 and T.M.P.
I don't know for sure. I was under the impression that to this point,NIL was from outside businesses,and individual alumni/boosters. That may no longer be the case with the most recent change that allows schools to pay their athlete pool up to $22m(or whatever the # is). I think most people would agree that public school teachers as a whole, should be making more $.

Having said that,teachers unions need torn apart and dismantled. The corruption has a direct impact on our kids.
There is money now being filtered through the schools to pay players directly. But a very significant portion of a players NIL compensation is still coming from outside the school. At some point, it will be regulated...and that will end up happening so the schools and legislating organizations can get a bigger piece of the pie again.

Its definitely unfortunate. But I don't see pro athletes any differently than any other elite level professional. Corporate CEOs, high level doctors, high level lawyers...the elite of the elite... in industries and segments that have a very high demand... they make a ton of money. Who else should get the biggest chunks of that money that people are excited to spend their money on?

Teachers, first responders, military... if there are any groups of people that deserve more money, its them. Unfortunately, the people that ultimately decide how much money those people make, for the most part, on BOTH sides of the aisle, look out for themselves and those close to them well before worrying about front line people doing these MOST essential jobs. Paying these people more money isn't on any major candidates platform right now, and it rarely ever is.
I'm not saying I expect anything to change. I'm just saying for me personally, it's a huge turnoff and so I choose to vote with my dollars and time and not support pro sports very much anymore.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU

1) I said pro athletes specifically, because of their mega-salaries. I'm actually happy for college athletes overall because I think they deserve some of the $$/value they help generate. To me pro athletes salaries have just gone overboard. And again, I'm just saying for me personally it's a turnoff and has crushed my interest in pro sports.

Tax dollars are what fund teachers, cops, firemen, etc..
Athletes? Not so much.
Those same entities(nfl,etc) get tax money from food and beverage tax and they typically get big tax breaks while public funds the building of said infrastructure. So yes we do fund them with taxes. You pay for it somehow through creative means.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Apparently there were a couple updated crystal ball picks for Moreno to UK in the last few days. Travis Branham? Sleepers did a podcast on it and said Branham is usually correct. Maybe if Jasper Johnson, who's supposed to pick very soon, disses UK that might affect Moreno. I stll love the combo visit of MM, Braylon and Sisley, but it feels like the date being so far out is hurting us a bit, with Mullins UConn visit and Moreno's unofficial to UK happening already.

"Having said that,teachers unions need torn apart and dismantled. The corruption has a direct impact on our kids."

Explain...what corruption? What is the "direct impact"?

Reactions: EvansvilleHoosier88
Just saw where Moreno is announcing his choice on Friday, pretty much looks like a guarantee that it's Kentucky.
Two schools of thought, I'd say.

1. What it seems like you're thinking...he visited UK, and now he's decided...likely means UK.

2. He went in to UK visit a heavy IU lean. The UK visit didn't wow him at all, so that made his mind up for IU. No need to wait until his IU visit. Lock it in, start recruiting Mullins and Sisley to IU as well.

Seems like 1 is most likely...but I'll hold out hope for 2. At the same time, after watching numerous IE games this summer, I'm not sure he'll end up being an immediate starter level guy at a good high major. Might be better to keep fishing in the portal waters for more B10 ready bigs.

Reactions: MTBRider22

1. What it seems like you're thinking...he visited UK, and now he's decided...likely means UK.

2. He went in to UK visit a heavy IU lean. The UK visit didn't wow him at all, so that made his mind up for IU. No need to wait until his IU visit. Lock it in, start recruiting Mullins and Sisley to IU as well.

Seems like 1 is most likely...but I'll hold out hope for 2. At the same time, after watching numerous IE games this summer, I'm not sure he'll end up being an immediate starter level guy at a good high major. Might be better to keep fishing in the portal waters for more B10 ready bigs.
Very well put and I would say you're correct. I was just saying the UK lean because of all the heavy buzz around them lately and the rumors that the new staff have targeted him.

Great points.

The only thing about Morenos potential that concerned me was the wingspan. The lack of length didn't hurt Cody at the college level and being next to Reneau as a senior would give him some cushion. When Cenac and Reibes names started floating around it looked like we were in trouble though. I would be surprised if he didn't commit to UK. I think the next concern is Mullins.

"Having said that,teachers unions need torn apart and dismantled. The corruption has a direct impact on our kids."

Explain...what corruption? What is the "direct impact"?
Seriously? The people at the top are controlled by Soros. Are you ok with drag shows in our public schools? It's happening right now in the name of "inclusion" but with the intent of separation of kids from parents by ideology. Same with CRT. This isn't a secret,or new.

Seriously? The people at the top are controlled by Soros. Are you ok with drag shows in our public schools? It's happening right now in the name of "inclusion" but with the intent of separation of kids from parents by ideology. Same with CRT. This isn't a secret,or new.
Another hillbilly whack job that just can't stfu. This is a thread about a recruit, not a soap box to display your slack jaw weirdo ideas...

@Cavanagh

Shitter's clogged, again.

Could you please take your slack jawed whack job politics to the WC where it belongs.

You weirdos just can't STFU can you?
🤣

It's hilarious when you try to insult someone. It's the same exact lame name calling every time.

Also...notice that you didn't say anything to the person who actually brought it up. You only said something to the person who you don't agree with...typical. 🤣

🤣

It's hilarious when you try to insult someone. It's the same exact lame name calling every time.

Also...notice that you didn't say anything to the person who actually brought it up. You only said something to the person who you don't agree with...typical. 🤣
I’m with most on this. Go to the cooler with that shit. He posted against both of you.

Ok..I will go to the cooler,to answer a question that was asked here..makes sense. Gtfoh
No. It’s commonplace to stfu and not entertain political rhetoric on a basketball thread. Deal with it or move along. Same goes for the other posters. Most other forums would lock threads or warn. We are simply warning you.

No. It’s commonplace to stfu and not entertain political rhetoric on a basketball thread. Deal with it or move along. Same goes for the other posters. Most other forums would lock threads or warn. We are simply warning you.
And wtf are you?...kick rocks

If it so commonplace to stfu...I expect that's what you will be doing.

And wtf are you?...kick rocks

If it so commonplace to stfu...take your own advice.
I’m just telling you. You can say what you want but I’m just saying what others won’t. Keep it up and this will get locked. Let’s keep this thread on topic. Keep politics in the cooler. Am I being unreasonable?

I’m just telling you. You can say what you want but I’m just saying what others won’t. Keep it up and this will get locked. Let’s keep this thread on topic. Keep politics in the cooler. Am I being unreasonable?
As I said...I was asked a question. I answered the question. The person who asked,still hasn't replied. Do you see how other people are the ones that brought the topic to the forefront and amplified the topic? Which of you went ahead and ignored the political rhetoric like you say?...which one of you stfu,like you insinuated I should do?

Exactly...move along.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Could you please take your slack jawed whack job politics to the WC where it belongs.

You weirdos just can't STFU can you?
Hahaha....you gave into your mainstream media addiction when you said "weirdos"....one of the most used terms in the last 3 weeks amongst mainstream media and democrats.....hahahahaha...truly laughable.

Oh well if he goes to Kentucky. I like Woodys strategy of getting good bigs via the portal and developing them quickly to the next level. I really believe Woody is one of the best with bigs. Guards and 3 pt play not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT