ADVERTISEMENT

On a positive note

A year ago we were in Las Vegas getting ready to fly to Honolulu for our anniversary. Masks were a rarity and the virus was not purported to be a serious threat to USA according to our experts.

A year later Indiana has set up a simple reservation process to receive the Covid vaccine and after about a 10 minute search we had a reservation at IU Riley hospital for Sunday morning. There qthe process from check in to release from observation took less than 30 minutes and included a card for the location and time of the second shot.

To have vaccines available in this time frame, & with 90+% effectiveness is beyond anything the experts predicted last spring. Proud of little backwoods Indiana being able to distribute the wonder drug effeciently!
Would you mind posting the appointment reservation link you used? Thanks

So I take it the outgoing Trump Admin (at least the medical folks) briefed the incoming Biden Admin, and the Biden Admin was intelligent and sensible enough to take it to heart.
Heartfelt thanks and applause for the competency shown at both ends of that equation, and Bravo to you for pointing it out...

Now can you explain why the Obama Admin attempts to brief the incoming Trump Admin in 2017 were less successful and far more one-sided?

"2016

Obama administration prepares a 69-page Pandemic Playbook to coordinate an early, all of government response to an outbreak. Trump officials will leave it on the shelf.

Jan 2017

Outgoing Obama officials conduct a disaster response exercise described as “the worst influenza pandemic since 1918” with incoming Trump officials.

Later 2017

Trump administration — focusing DHS on immigration — shuts down department’s modeling of flu pandemics."

Then of course there is the extremely disastrous timing of eliminating the CDC embedded watchdog embedded IN CHINA in late summer 2019. That was a position created during Bush and maintained without any deviation thru out the 8 yrs of Obama...

You did such a great job providing documentation of the way Operation Warpspeed coordinated/briefed the Biden Admin. Can you clue us into why Trump chose to ignore the attempts by the Obama Admin to keep his Admin in the loop on Pandemic Preparedness?

Last edited:
Got any non-biased examples of Jim Acosta being an ass? Preferably anything not selectively edited to attempt to create a false interpretation of a specific incident?

he has to have his info chewed up by news max or faux news before he can regurgitate it.

Got any non-biased examples of Jim Acosta being an ass? Preferably anything not selectively edited to attempt to create a false interpretation of a specific incident?

I don't see how Ducey was being an ass really. Parlaying your spats with Trump into a book deal and making the late night rounds in which you pretend like you're standing in the breach defending the persecuted free press qualifies as "trying to make a name for himself" in my book.

The guy used every opportunity he could to grandstand, which is not what you expect from a reporter.

Acosta is an egotist at his core.

These lock down's were a targeted attack on the Trump Admin. The only thing they were successful at were maintaining the hype to help distract from universal systemic election STEALING.
I do have to give credit to the folks who don't know what bathrooom to use, they worked a masterpiece and the EFFING Rhino's still fall for it.

"The only thing they were successful at were maintaining the hype to help distract from universal systemic election STEALING."

OK Champ-have at it. Explain how the election was "stolen"?

You're going to have to dig pretty deep to come out with some ridiculous claim that hasn't already been debunked. Looking stupid didn't deter these folks...

I really love the "size of Trump crowds" lunacy, as if the roughly million or so morons who stood in lines for hours to idolize Trump and watch him laud himself for 2 hours have any relevance in an election where over 150 Million people voted, and over 80,000,000 of those were votes from people who hate him... (that's way over HALF, for the numerically challenged who are still riding the Trump train)... Like the folks in this video...

I'm really interested in how the Dems stole GA twice? Trump holds a rally in BFE Dalton GA the night before the Runoff, and it's clear the people streaming in are from places like TN and AL (it's not a huge population center)...

The next day in that ruby red part of GA the turnout numbers are even less than they were in Nov, and the Dem mail vote gives bigger leads to the Dem Senate candidates than they received in Nov. Yet these are GOP Counties with GOP election officials who voted for and support Trump. How exactly did the Dems manage to "cheat" when everyone mailing out and later counting the returned ballots is a GOP Trump supporter?

I dislike trolls, but I really hope you're trolling. Or at least not an IU alum. Because this "stole the election" nonsense is some grade A dumbassery...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It never ceases to amaze me how Trump convinced all of his followers to view everything in life by how it affects Trump. You folks are more protective and worried about him than your own kids and families. “Mysteriously opening back up”? You don’t suppose it has something to do with the fact that health care workers are now vaccinated and all hands on deck can now be used to care for the sick?? You folks really need to get over this paranoia that everyone is out to get you and Trump. His approval was never above 50% and he lost an election, it happens. You guys only took this stolen election bait because he was bitching and whining about it back in the summer.
Trump knows more about elections than anyone else in the history of the world. He knew that the election was stolen two months before it was even held.

It never ceases to amaze me how Trump convinced all of his followers to view everything in life by how it affects Trump. You folks are more protective and worried about him than your own kids and families. “Mysteriously opening back up”? You don’t suppose it has something to do with the fact that health care workers are now vaccinated and all hands on deck can now be used to care for the sick?? You folks really need to get over this paranoia that everyone is out to get you and Trump. His approval was never above 50% and he lost an election, it happens. You guys only took this stolen election bait because he was bitching and whining about it back in the summer.

How does it feel to be omitted from the company memo. Your team is not pumping that anymore. They have moved on to, Americas skilled trades don't really need jobs, they can learn to code. It'll help with the $6 gas they are about to be forced to pay. You need keep up.

Started Here

Perhaps not such a positive note after all.
Civilzation succeeds and moves forward when a sufficient number of citizens play a win-win game, despite those around them playing win-lose or lose-lose.

Republicans lost power this election and so have opted to play win-lose. Meanwhile Biden is persisting with his win-win resolve. Our civilization depends on enough of us staying the course. Our aim is not for Republicans to lose but for win-lose to lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT