ADVERTISEMENT

On a positive note

Charlesroast

Freshman
Aug 4, 2013
A year ago we were in Las Vegas getting ready to fly to Honolulu for our anniversary. Masks were a rarity and the virus was not purported to be a serious threat to USA according to our experts.

A year later Indiana has set up a simple reservation process to receive the Covid vaccine and after about a 10 minute search we had a reservation at IU Riley hospital for Sunday morning. There qthe process from check in to release from observation took less than 30 minutes and included a card for the location and time of the second shot.

To have vaccines available in this time frame, & with 90+% effectiveness is beyond anything the experts predicted last spring. Proud of little backwoods Indiana being able to distribute the wonder drug effeciently!

My 87 year old mother-in-law, with multiple high risk conditions, can't get anywhere near a vaccine in Denton Texas. She is being told that by April they may have enough

A year ago we were in Las Vegas getting ready to fly to Honolulu for our anniversary. Masks were a rarity and the virus was not purported to be a serious threat to USA according to our experts.

A year later Indiana has set up a simple reservation process to receive the Covid vaccine and after about a 10 minute search we had a reservation at IU Riley hospital for Sunday morning. There qthe process from check in to release from observation took less than 30 minutes and included a card for the location and time of the second shot.

To have vaccines available in this time frame, & with 90+% effectiveness is beyond anything the experts predicted last spring. Proud of little backwoods Indiana being able to distribute the wonder drug effeciently!
My mother lives in Auburn and was able to get her first dose of the vaccine a week ago yesterday at Parkview Mirro Center. She said the process was fast and efficient; she was scheduled for her second before she left the facility.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13

You must be really old.

Reactions: iuwclurker

Indiana has done a very good job with the ease of enrolling to get the vaccine. Where they have fallen short is in the area of wasted product. Instead of wasting returned vaccine from a nursing home clinic, we should be able to give those doses to anyone that is at our location and wants to receive the vaccine.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Indiana has done a very good job with the ease of enrolling to get the vaccine. Where they have fallen short is in the area of wasted product. Instead of wasting returned vaccine from a nursing home clinic, we should be able to give those doses to anyone that is at our location and wants to receive the vaccine.
One of the hospitals in Cincinnati (Mercy, I think) is keeping a list of people that can make it to the hospital in 20 minutes or less to cover extra vaccine due to cancellations.

Speaking of positive notes and vaccines, the daily statistic of how many people have been vaccinated in the United States is finally a positive statistic that you can look forward to increasing.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It's too bad they aren't vaccinating spouses of frontline workers. A vaccinated person can still bring it home with them to unvaccinated people after all.

It was supposed to go away on election day since it was just a hoax.

Idiots like stoll will believe anything.

Reactions: largemouth
yes biden is trying to ramp up doses per day. what's your point? oh wait, still trying to defend trump's failed response to covid.

Reactions: sluggo69
This article is anything but objective. It quotes this:
On Meet the Press, Biden chief of staff Ron Klain said “the process to distribute the vaccine, particularly outside of nursing homes and hospitals out into the community as a whole, did not really exist when we came into the White House.”​

but then doesn’t refute that at all. In fact the article supports that by saying that Biden wants federal control and Trump left the details to the states. Biden’s saying there’s no plan for getting vaccines to places like CVS. That’s a problem, whether the states go it alone or not.

His grand 100 day plan is the same doses per day as when he stepped into the WH basement. BTW have they taken the “lid” off today to let him out?

He has now increased the goal by 50%. 150MM in 100 days.

So when is senile man fixing it?
Senile man was voted out, but your President Biden already did. Keep up. The new goal is 1.5M doses a day on average, over all 7 days of the week, for 100 days.

Now, on a very best week day, we nudge up near 1M.

Realistic, fact-based promises are preferable to brain-dead pipe dreams, like the December promise to vaccinate 20M people by the end of the year, which didn't even get half way to the goal.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
This article is anything but objective. It quotes this:
On Meet the Press, Biden chief of staff Ron Klain said “the process to distribute the vaccine, particularly outside of nursing homes and hospitals out into the community as a whole, did not really exist when we came into the White House.”​

but then doesn’t refute that at all. In fact the article supports that by saying that Biden wants federal control and Trump left the details to the states. Biden’s saying there’s no plan for getting vaccines to places like CVS. That’s a problem, whether the states go it alone or not.

I’m not sure I see how that makes the article biased, anyway.

If Biden wants his administration to be more active on the local level that's a difference in approach and I'm all for it if he can do it effectively. The article effectively refutes the idea that the Biden team was "starting from scratch". Which is what a lot of idiots have been claiming.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Senile man was voted out, but your President Biden already did. Keep up. The new goal is 1.5M doses a day on average, over all 7 days of the week, for 100 days.

Now, on a very best week day, we nudge up near 1M.

Realistic, fact-based promises are preferable to brain-dead pipe dreams, like the December promise to vaccinate 20M people by the end of the year, which didn't even get half way to the goal.

Biden isn’t my president. Isn’t that the way we decided it works now?

I’m not sure I see how that makes the article biased, anyway.

If Biden wants his administration to be more active on the local level that's a difference in approach and I'm all for it if he can do it effectively. The article effectively refutes the idea that the Biden team was "starting from scratch". Which is what a lot of idiots have been claiming.
Evidently they’re starting from scratch when it comes to the larger distribution to CVSes and the like. That’s critical. This is no joke.

Evidently they’re starting from scratch when it comes to the larger distribution to CVSes and the like. That’s critical. This is no joke.

I'm not sure who's making jokes. Nothing in this thread has struck me as particularly funny. But you do see how you're now moving the goalposts I assume? Hospitals and nursing homes should have been and were the first priority for distribution. All managed at the state level. As production ramps up I have confidence that states can move into commercial locations like you mentioned but many states don't even have the stockpile to begin doing that at this point.

I'm not sure who's making jokes. Nothing in this thread has struck me as particularly funny. But you do see how you're now moving the goalposts I assume? Hospitals and nursing homes should have been and were the first priority for distribution. All managed at the state level. As production ramps up I have confidence that states can move into commercial locations like you mentioned but many states don't even have the stockpile to begin doing that at this point.
Stoll is being a jackass.

I’m not moving any goalposts. I’m responding to the NatRev article, which I read in full.

If Trump left no plan for future distribution then Biden’s left with your hopes and prayers about the states. That’s no way to operate in this crisis. Too much planning is better than not enough.

Furthermore if the government, federal, is supposed to dictate where the vaccines go, then Biden needs to know where to send them. This needs to be aligned from top to bottom. That’s planning.

The criticism and complaints you guys are making about the Biden administration are a joke, as in stupid.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Stoll is being a jackass.

I’m not moving any goalposts. I’m responding to the NatRev article, which I read in full.

If Trump left no plan for future distribution then Biden’s left with your hopes and prayers about the states. That’s no way to operate in this crisis. Too much planning is better than not enough.

Furthermore if the government, federal, is supposed to dictate where the vaccines go, then Biden needs to know where to send them. This needs to be aligned from top to bottom. That’s planning.

The criticism and complaints you guys are making about the Biden administration are a joke, as in stupid.

stoll has already admitted he is being a jackass in revenge for what he thinks as dems being jackasses for 4.5 years under trump. Of course, he has no clue that there were actual reasons for being against Trump.

stoll has already admitted he is being a jackass in revenge for what he thinks as dems being jackasses for 4.5 years under trump. Of course, he has no clue that there were actual reasons for being against Trump.
Trump was jackass royale. It stands to reason a little would wear off on us. I don’t know what stoll thinks is wearing off from Biden on him but if stoll is having some problems with senility then I guess I understand.

Hell we were told it was a hoax that was magically going to go away.

Have you noticed how things are mysteriously opening back up? New York, Chicago, Cali.. Have you noticed the change in the pitch? These lock down's were a targeted attack on the Trump Admin. The only thing they were successful at were maintaining the hype to help distract from universal systemic election STEALING.
I do have to give credit to the folks who don't know what bathrooom to use, they worked a masterpiece and the EFFING Rhino's still fall for it.

All because of Biden, right? 😂
Nope, no one is saying that. But in most other states people aren't getting the vaccine. What Biden wants to do is nationalize the vaccine rollout, instead of putting the burden on the individual states. If larger more populated states aren't keeping up with demand, then we'll never achieve herd immunity. There is also a problem with production of the vaccines, from what I hear.

What the Trump administration did was wonderful, but that was essentially providing the money to allow the drug companies to create these vaccines. The real challenge is the logistics of distributing and getting folks injected. That takes money and a lot of strategizing and planning. Check back in a few months and if the process is run more proficiently, due to a nationalized distribution system, then it will be because of Biden and his administration.

Reactions: outside shooter
Have you noticed how things are mysteriously opening back up? New York, Chicago, Cali.. Have you noticed the change in the pitch? These lock down's were a targeted attack on the Trump Admin. The only thing they were successful at were maintaining the hype to help distract from universal systemic election STEALING.
I do have to give credit to the folks who don't know what bathrooom to use, they worked a masterpiece and the EFFING Rhino's still fall for it.
It never ceases to amaze me how Trump convinced all of his followers to view everything in life by how it affects Trump. You folks are more protective and worried about him than your own kids and families. “Mysteriously opening back up”? You don’t suppose it has something to do with the fact that health care workers are now vaccinated and all hands on deck can now be used to care for the sick?? You folks really need to get over this paranoia that everyone is out to get you and Trump. His approval was never above 50% and he lost an election, it happens. You guys only took this stolen election bait because he was bitching and whining about it back in the summer.

Reactions: T.M.P.
It never ceases to amaze me how Trump convinced all of his followers to view everything in life by how it affects Trump. You folks are more protective and worried about him than your own kids and families. “Mysteriously opening back up”? You don’t suppose it has something to do with the fact that health care workers are now vaccinated and all hands on deck can now be used to care for the sick?? You folks really need to get over this paranoia that everyone is out to get you and Trump. His approval was never above 50% and he lost an election, it happens. You guys only took this stolen election bait because he was bitching and whining about it back in the summer.

As far as California there is 50% less ICU beds available now than when Newsome implemented the most recent stay at home order. There is good data that show restaurants are an extremely small vector of transmission. Also good data that show teachers are not any more at risk than the general population.

These things should never have been closed in the first place.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The hospitalization rate is FINALLY dropping a bit, nationwide. That is good news, and I don't think that hospital admissions decisions are made to generate either black marks or brownie points for the politicians who happen to be in office.

When the system isn't stressed to the max, of course you can inch your way back toward normalcy. Let's hope that the new strains don't affect the trend. If so, Mas and MyTurd can blame Biden for allowing new strains to evolve.

As far as California there is 50% less ICU beds available now than when Newsome implemented the most recent stay at home order. There is good data that show restaurants are an extremely small vector of transmission. Also good data that show teachers are not any more at risk than the general population.

These things should never have been closed in the first place.
According to who???

Sure it was.

Dumbass

Reactions: T.M.P.
ADVERTISEMENT