ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics Thread

Noodle

Hall of Famer
Jun 19, 2001
The first events kick-off tomorrow (Wed.., July 24) - literally kick-off, as the first events are Argentina v. Morocco and Spain v. Uzbekistan in men's soccer. In fact, there are quite a few events tomorrow (see link below).

And for Olympics junkies, this is the time to finally shell our some $ for Peacock.

Reactions: Spartans9312
The first events kick-off tomorrow (Wed.., July 24) - literally kick-off, as the first events are Argentina v. Morocco and Spain v. Uzbekistan in men's soccer. In fact, there are quite a few events tomorrow (see link below).

And for Olympics junkies, this is the time to finally shell our some $ for Peacock.

Peacock is cheap and also gets you the premier league which starts next month

Reactions: Noodle

I believe we play France in soccer tomorrow also. And somehow the rugby team plays twice in one day?

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I believe we play France in soccer tomorrow also. And somehow the rugby team plays twice in one day?
Correct on U.S. v. France in soccer. Rugby also starts tomorrow and the U.S. indeed plays two games (10:30 and 2:30 EDT). They play Rugby Sevens in the Olympics, so two games in one day is typical. The games are only 14 minutes long (two 7 minute halves).

Rugby Sevens on Peacock are awesome. US looked OK but got blown out by Fiji. Their dudes all look like Barry Sanders.

Reactions: Cortez88
Steele’s primer on diving by the numbers. Steele is a great guy by the way.

What’s the latest. Haven’t tuned in. Cuban delegation ever come back with that boat? Iran playing men on the women’s teams again?

Cuban sand volleyball team beat US team handily. They looked strong.

US woman cyclist in time trial went down twice in the rain then her bike broke down and the mechanic wiped out as he was bringing her a new bike.

Ledecky had fastest prelims time in the 400. Finals are on this afternoon. That race will be a classic as Canadian and Aussie will be right there with Ledecky.

I missed the field hockey games😁

Kassidy Cook

e4fdcf38e29353f9553b11a648007e8f

b40eea8e-4477-4b7d-9335-2abfb427c569_750x422.jpg

Fencing will never cease to pull me in and hold my attention. Dudes from Italy and Korea, but I don't care. Still watching it.

Great finish for the women’s 4x100 to take Silver. Came from behind on the ChiComms.

Men are next. Lot of pressure, supposed to win easily.
Men dominate the 4x100 as expected. No one has been able to touch this relay team for three Olympics now. First U.S. gold this Olympics.

Guiliano (first Golden Domer to make a U.S. Olympic team) with a good 2nd lap.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
It is strangely interesting every 4 years to pay attention to minor or sometimes even silly sports in the Olympics,
Like field hockey, handball, badminton, table tennis, horse prancing, and soccer.

Wouldn't want to be on a bike doing time trials. That's got to be some high pucker stuff in the rain

Wouldn't want to be on a bike doing time trials. That's got to be some high pucker stuff in the rain
A USA woman wiped out 3 times this morning. Some of the corners had bricks or cobblestones, and when wet that is crazy slick

Cuban sand volleyball team beat US team handily. They looked strong.

US woman cyclist in time trial went down twice in the rain then her bike broke down and the mechanic wiped out as he was bringing her a new bike.

Ledecky had fastest prelims time in the 400. Finals are on this afternoon. That race will be a classic as Canadian and Aussie will be right there with Ledecky.

I missed the field hockey games😁
Ladecky distant 3rd on the 400

• Sad
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Ladecky distant 3rd on the 400
That was a bummer.

When they were getting photos with the medals, the Canadian asked her what they should do and Ledecky shrugged and said "I don't know". 11th medal or something like that. She knew what to do.

Reactions: UncleMark
Men dominate the 4x100 as expected. No one has been able to touch this relay team for three Olympics now. First U.S. gold this Olympics.

Guiliano (first Golden Domer to make a U.S. Olympic team) with a good 2nd lap.
Notre Dame has come a long way in swimming. Back in my day they were equivalent to a mid level MAC team in swimming. Still not a powerhouse but they have some quality swimmers.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Gold Zone on Peacock is amazing. Best way to watch the Games when there’s not something you want to watch the entirety of. I think I’ve seen 6-7 different sports in the last hour. Archery was intense and street skateboarding is pretty cool. They’re almost all kids who look 14-15 years old. Canoeing is crazy. I don’t know how they got all the upstream gates. I don’t understand judo at all. And KD is amazing. Been sidelined for two weeks yet he’s 5 of 5 from deep.

Horrible wipeout in women’s mountain biking. Rider knocked herself out cold after going down into some rocks. Sounds like she’ll be ok, but that was awful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT