ADVERTISEMENT

Oh man Tyson vs Jake Paul in July

Tyson is one of the icons of our generation. No robe. Punch out. But listen to me because this is very important, particularly if you’re going to bet. Don’t sleep on the problem child. He punches hard. Knocking ufc guys used to being hit out cold
Post vids, bruh.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Tyson is gonna take his body, then he's gonna take his soul...
In so many ways it’s a generational fight. A passing of the baton. The legend. he had a hardscrabble upbringing. Legendary trainer. Legendary promoter. Working his way up. Basically the generation of you and most of this board.

Vs my generation and all of the trappings that go with it. Influencer. Made famous on the gram and the tube. Doesn’t need a promoter. Doesn’t need traditional “education.” We can figure it out on our own. And go straight to the top. Pay per view. First fight in Netflix history

Mike Tyson has spent more years training to fight than Jake Paul has spent on this earth. He reached the pinnacle of professional boxing, a world champion and is regarded by some as the GOAT, or at least in the conversation. Between his amateur and professional boxing career, he has over 100 fights, having more than 90 fights by the time he was 25. He took on all comers. He was trained by legends. He has literally seen it all, done it all, all styles and types of fighters in his career.

Conversely, Jake Paul has been doing this for under 5 years and didn't start until he was 22. He has a total of 10 fights, none of which were against anyone of consequence in the boxing world. He has only fought carefully selected, hand picked opponents and even then he managed to lose one. He has seen nothing fought nobody remotely close to being a ranked opponent.

I get it...Tyson is an old man, Jake Paul is young and fit and Father Time is undefeated. But there is absolutely nothing that Jake Paul brings to the table that Mike Tyson hasn't seen. As far as the fight game goes, Jake Paul hasn't left the basecamp at the foot of the mountain yet, and Tyson has been up and down it twice with a trip to prison in between. Hell, Mike spent more time in prison than Jake has spent fighting. One guy has made a life of the sport, the other guy a joke of it.

Let me ask you this...if 27 year old you has the same amount of combat sport training and experience as Paul, and had the chance to get into the ring with 27 year old Jake Paul or a 57 year old Mike Tyson, both who trained the last 4 months for ya...who would ya rather fight?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Mike Tyson has spent more years training to fight than Jake Paul has spent on this earth. He reached the pinnacle of professional boxing, a world champion and is regarded by some as the GOAT, or at least in the conversation. Between his amateur and professional boxing career, he has over 100 fights, having more than 90 fights by the time he was 25. He took on all comers. He was trained by legends. He has literally seen it all, done it all, all styles and types of fighters in his career.

Conversely, Jake Paul has been doing this for under 5 years and didn't start until he was 22. He has a total of 10 fights, none of which were against anyone of consequence in the boxing world. He has only fought carefully selected, hand picked opponents and even then he managed to lose one. He has seen nothing fought nobody remotely close to being a ranked opponent.

I get it...Tyson is an old man, Jake Paul is young and fit and Father Time is undefeated. But there is absolutely nothing that Jake Paul brings to the table that Mike Tyson hasn't seen. As far as the fight game goes, Jake Paul hasn't left the basecamp at the foot of the mountain yet, and Tyson has been up and down it twice with a trip to prison in between. Hell, Mike spent more time in prison than Jake has spent fighting. One guy has made a life of the sport, the other guy a joke of it.

Let me ask you this...if 27 year old you has the same amount of combat sport training and experience as Paul, and had the chance to get into the ring with 27 year old Jake Paul or a 57 year old Mike Tyson, both who trained the last 4 months for ya...who would ya rather fight?
Not to brag but I played pro soccer. I play on a men’s team with two former World Cup players. We are younger than Tyson and have a 500 record in the one outdoor league where a bunch of teams are guys in their early 20s who only played high school or low division college. Stamina just goes. We have so much more skill but they run up and down nonstop. We just can’t keep up. They just run right by us

Have you ever boxed? Even as a workout? It’s sooooo tiring. The problem child is young and fit with boundless stamina. That is hard to overcome for a guy approaching 60. 31 year age difference. That’s massive

Last edited:
Not to brag but I played pro soccer. I play on a men’s team with two former World Cup players. We are younger than Tyson and have a 500 record in the one outdoor league where a bunch of teams are guys in their early 20s who only played high school or low division college. Stamina just goes. We have so much more skill but they run up and down nonstop. We just can’t keep up. They just run right by us

Have you ever boxed? Even as a workout? It’s sooooo tiring. The problem child is young and fit with boundless stamina. That is hard to overcome for a guy approaching 60

I get it, I really do. And I would totally agree with you that a 57 year old Tyson isn't able ready to go deep into a fight with a young and fit pro boxer who knows what he is doing. Jake Paul is young and fit, but in comparison to Tyson he has no flipping idea what to do in that ring. The divide between these two (class/knowledge/experience) is so vast I really don't think being more fit and young is as much of a factor as you do.

I respect anyone that can play a sport professionally, and you have my utmost respect and deference for that. That said boxing isn't soccer, or baseball, or football or basketball. It's two guys, in a confined space, trying to physically debilitate each other to the point that one can no longer continue. Yes you need stamina and yes it's a young man's sport, and Jake will have more of both than Mike. But Mike has more of everything else, and by a mile.

I could be dead wrong, on all of it, but if my life depended on it I would pick old man Tyson.

I get it, I really do. And I would totally agree with you that a 57 year old Tyson isn't able ready to go deep into a fight with a young and fit pro boxer who knows what he is doing. Jake Paul is young and fit, but in comparison to Tyson he has no flipping idea what to do in that ring. The divide between these two (class/knowledge/experience) is so vast I really don't think being more fit and young is as much of a factor as you do.

I respect anyone that can play a sport professionally, and you have my utmost respect and deference for that. That said boxing isn't soccer, or baseball, or football or basketball. It's two guys, in a confined space, trying to physically debilitate each other to the point that one can no longer continue. Yes you need stamina and yes it's a young man's sport, and Jake will have more of both than Mike. But Mike has more of everything else, and by a mile.

I could be dead wrong, on all of it, but if my life depended on it I would pick old man Tyson.
And I will add that I’m totally guessing too. You could be 100 percent right

Reactions: All4You
You are so incredibly gay and there's really no denying it anymore. NTTAWWTOC. Sweaty man on man violence, talking about manhood all the time, Vanderpump, obvious short man syndrome, constantly looking for a father figure.

You should just admit it and be you ...

^^^gets pegged on the reg^^^

• Haha
Reactions: jet812

Just to add ( and I agree with your ideas totally) old men will fight dirty. Mike did it as a young man when he didn't need to. If it takes a throat bite to take this punk down, Mike is ok going BACK to prison. If he has too.
I've got Mike in this one.

Have you ever boxed? Even as a workout? It’s sooooo tiring. The problem child is young and fit with boundless stamina. That is hard to overcome for a guy approaching 60. 31 year age difference. That’s massive
I'm betting Tyson. He's going to knock him out. Fight goes no more than 3 rounds.

• Haha

You're. 500 with two former world cup players on your team?

I think we all found the weak spot....

🤣

I’m hearing now that he’s going to do a Pokemon reveal after the fight. Open a new box on the tok. So it should be a pretty good night

Little different than watching Tyson fights in high school where you told your parents you’re going to sleepover at a friend’s for the fight and actually slept in a field with alcohol poisoning from drinking purple passion all night

Times change

Not one guy on the team didn’t play D1 or pro and we often get beat by 22 year old scrubs. Moral of the story. DONT SLEEP ON THE PROBLEM CHILD!!!

Live look at Murt's soccer match

premier league oops GIF by BBC

(Just for reference, it's super cool you played high level soccer and still (try) play with such players.)

By round 4 the problem child might be able to do his Pokémon reveal in the ring. Two unopened boxes
Is Paul going to jab at Tyson and try to keep him away with his arms? Will he try to duke it out and let Tyson get close and lock him up?

I would expect Tyson is going to come out looking for a knockout in the first few rounds. Has Paul ever been hit hard?

Is Paul going to jab at Tyson and try to keep him away with his arms? Will he try to duke it out and let Tyson get close and lock him up?

I would expect Tyson is going to come out looking for a knockout in the first few rounds. Has Paul ever been hit hard?
He’s fought the top old Ufc guys. I assume they can hit hard. They were a hell of a lot younger than Tyson

Reactions: BradStevens
Has Tyson ever done an exhibition bout before? If he hasn't, goofing around to arrive at draw might be problematic for him and Mr. Paul. Muscle memory, competitiveness, flashbacks could come into play the first time Paul hits him or tries to.

He fought Tyson Fury's brother, didn't he?

I would imagine that dude can hit pretty hard.

By the way, Khabib Nurmagomedov is probably the best pound-for-pound fighter (all MA) in the world today. My son has been showing me videos of him, and he's just so good:

Yawn. No one doubts that man can hit hard. But can he take a hit?? And not any hit. But a hit from THE PROBLEM CHILD. Tyson’s power and rage was fueled by foster care, poverty, hopelessness.

THE PROBLEM CHILD’s power and rage is fueled by limited likes, unfollows, anxiety, Pokémon purchasing limits. It’s raw and it’s real and it’s not ancient history.

Prediction. Tyson doesn’t come out for the second round. It’s fun to train and hit stuff. It’s no fun to get hit

Yawn. No one doubts that man can hit hard. But can he take a hit?? And not any hit. But a hit from THE PROBLEM CHILD. Tyson’s power and rage was fueled by foster care, poverty, hopelessness.

THE PROBLEM CHILD’s power and rage is fueled by limited likes, unfollows, anxiety, Pokémon purchasing limits. It’s raw and it’s real and it’s not ancient history.

Prediction. Tyson doesn’t come out for the second round. It’s fun to train and hit stuff. It’s no fun to get hit
It's going to be an exhibition bout, so it's not even going to be a fight.

And by the way, it's THE PROBLEM CHILD.

I got reader's cramp!

Oh Fing hell. What does that mean? Marvel character blow up gloves?

Maybe it has to do with not having a willing sanctioning body...or maybe it dawned on the Queen of Combat Sports Cosplay that he was facing Mike Tyson?

Tyson will reap his soul regardless

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT