ADVERTISEMENT

Official Prediction Thread: OSU @ Indiana

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
B1G conference games in January historically have been entertaining, challenging, gut-wrenching, perplexing, exciting, etc. This game at IU against OSU last year was probably the last chance to make the NCAAT and IU mailed it in.

Oh, but this year help was on the way! Well, it sure doesn't seem that way now does it?

IU has shooters that aren't hitting. IU is supposed to rely on their defense to keep the opponents in check...but that isn't really happening most games recently. Free throws have to be made at a rate above 70%. TJD needs touches almost every time the ball gets to the Indiana side of mid-court. And Green and D. Davis need to sit. And there are rumors about 2 players offered releases...whatever that means or doesn't. Archie said that he was going to shorten the rotation. That makes a huge difference.

To the game at hand. OSU's Kyle Young is out due to an appendix operation. They have not played well since he left. 1 out of 5 of their possessions is a turnover. Their vaunted 3-point shooting is at the lowest rate all year. And they aren't as big as their headlines were just 3 weeks ago. This link is to an article that is worth a read about OSU and this upcoming game. https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...wondering-with-three-losses-in-a-row#comments

Game is virtually a tossup.

Envelope please: OSU 58; Indiana 66

IU's defense is the difference. I'm never wrong...just ask me.

Last edited:
Ohio State 75 IU 64. We continue to refuse to guard the 3 and they start to fall for Buckeyes'. Wesson is just too much for TJD. Bing, Bulk, Minneman, TMP and other apologists will be Awol until 48 hours after game. On to Rutgers for a complete massacre.

Reactions: mike41703
Oh apologists will still say that Holtman was left with more than Archie and that if coaches were reversed results would be the same.

B1G conference games in January historically have been entertaining, challenging, gut-wrenching, perplexing, exciting, etc. This game at IU against OSU last year was probably the last chance to make the NCAAT and IU mailed it in.

Oh, but this year help was on the way! Well, it sure doesn't seem that way now does it?

IU has shooters that aren't hitting. IU is supposed to rely on their defense to keep the opponents in check...but that isn't really happening most games recently. Free throws have to be made at a rate above 70%. TJD needs touches almost every time the ball gets to the Indiana side of mid-court. And Green and D. Davis need to sit. And there are rumors about 2 players offered releases...whatever that means or doesn't. Archie said that he was going to shorten the rotation. That makes a huge difference.

To the game at hand. OSU's Kyle Tabor is out due to an appendix operation. They have not played well since he left. 1 out of 5 of their possessions is a turnover. Their vaunted 3-point shooting is at the lowest rate all year. And they aren't as big as their headlines were just 3 weeks ago. This link is to an article that is worth a read about OSU and this upcoming game. https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...wondering-with-three-losses-in-a-row#comments

OSU 73
IU 55

This will be ugly. Hope I'm 100% wrong but this just looks to be a point where the implosion is turbo-charged. After Wisconsin, Maryland, Arkansas and the Northwestern escape, coupled with a Saturday afternoon game rather than a night game and the festering tension I don't see a good outcome.

To the game at hand. OSU's Kyle Tabor is out due to an appendix operation. They have not played well since he left. 1 out of 5 of their possessions is a turnover. Their vaunted 3-point shooting is at the lowest rate all year. And they aren't as big as their headlines were just 3 weeks ago. This link is to an article that is worth a read about OSU and this upcoming game. https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...wondering-with-three-losses-in-a-row#comments

I think their defense vs IU's offense is the difference. They've held opponents to well under 40% (36%, #4 in the nation) and their defensive efficiency is top 15. This against IU's offense, which has been terrible even against mediocre defenses. So their strength matches up well against one of IU's weaknesses and good defense can win games when the offense isn't there.

I hope IU gets it together and plays another game like against FSU but I'm not going to hold my breath.

My gut says we will lose be double digits but what the heck.

IU 69
OS 65

We play awful per usual. down 16 with 10 to go, knight is seen in the crowd, arena erupts, shots inexplicably begin to fall, iu pulls out a 2 point win on a last second shot. one last touch of magic....

Reactions: .Gerdis
67-54 Hoosiers

AH has a completely different vibe than the last game. The team I have been expecting to see all year long finally shows up. We see some good things from a leadership standpoint. We see a different starting lineup. OSU plays well, but they fall by double digits on the road.

Ohio State 75 IU 64. We continue to refuse to guard the 3 and they start to fall for Buckeyes'. Wesson is just too much for TJD. Bing, Bulk, Minneman, TMP and other apologists will be Awol until 48 hours after game. On to Rutgers for a complete massacre.
Through dumb luck you got one thing right. I won't post until at least Monday win or lose. I don't even look at social media on the weekends unless I'm on a work trip because I spend time with my lovely bride and kids. I much prefer them over social media and especially over you. I only look at this site during lunch or on a break.

I think that's a good prediction. I'll make it easy and join you with that one.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine

I see this as a make-or-break, last-stand type game, in the sense that if we don't win this one it's very hard to see a scenario with the remaining games where we win enough to make the tourney. If they aren't 'up' for this game it's bad news the rest of the way.

The crowd will realize this, and any real effort on the part of this team will energize the crowd.

Indiana 66 OSU 62

I see this as a make-or-break, last-stand type game, in the sense that if we don't win this one it's very hard to see a scenario with the remaining games where we win enough to make the tourney. If they aren't 'up' for this game it's bad news the rest of the way.

The crowd will realize this, and any real effort on the part of this team will energize the crowd.

Indiana 66 OSU 62
Agree on all fronts. Despite so many games left it still feels like a must win.

Indiana 66 OSU 62
You realize Ohio State has lost 3 games in a row and kind of wants to save their own season too they aren't just gonna give the game to IU

I'd be surprised if IU wins this one. People were lauding OSU as the best team in country one month ago but the great one, Holtman has apparently screwed that up so who knows.

I'd be surprised if IU wins this one. People were lauding OSU as the best team in country one month ago but the great one, Holtman has apparently screwed that up so who knows.
I said IU will win so IU is winning. I predict we even make more than 5 threes

I think we will put up a respectable fight with a new identity, but we are half a season behind OSU in terms of chemistry.

Indiana 65
OSU 70

Last edited:
This OSU team really isn’t all that good. Half their roster is guys that don’t do much. They’ve been sloppy lately. If we can actually guard the 3, I think we could win.

IU 64
OSU 61

Kyle Tabor? Yeah he's definitely out (of eligibility). Kyle Young on the other hand, per the article you gave, is a possibility to play.

To the game at hand. OSU's Kyle Young is out due to an appendix operation. They have not played well since he left. 1 out of 5 of their possessions is a turnover. Their vaunted 3-point shooting is at the lowest rate all year. And they aren't as big as their headlines were just 3 weeks ago. This link is to an article that is worth a read about OSU and this upcoming game. https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...wondering-with-three-losses-in-a-row#comments

I’d like to see us play like we give a shit. That would thrill the ever-living f*** out of me.

Reactions: Lucy01 and BigMobe

Reverse that prediction score and that's what I'd guess, given it's at home. We're going to lose, just hope it's not embarrasing

Mr. Bing and I were off by only 4 points!

Compliments to those that picked IU to win. And to IU that played like a team. Except for the stretch just before the half, IU did very well against a flawed OSU team.

Maybe at some point you should learn to shut the hell up. I am convinced that the number 10 applies to you but I can't decide if it is your age or IQ.
He hasn’t posted since IU’s win on Saturday. He’s probably crying somewhere.

Reactions: MrBing
This is funny. I'm not an apologist, I'm firmly in the "wait and see" group leaning towards replacing Miller unless OSU was a sign of a turnaround. That said, I'm also in the "victorbear is an idiot" group and will call you out on it. I can see you got those two groups confused, which isn't surprising for you.

This is funny. I'm not an apologist, I'm firmly in the "wait and see" group leaning towards replacing Miller unless OSU was a sign of a turnaround. That said, I'm also in the "victorbear is an idiot" group and will call you out on it. I can see you got those two groups confused, which isn't surprising for you.
They make up people with opinions to counter their own emotional view, even though those people don't exist. They also live in a polar world of black and white where if you're not getting your panties in a bunch after every game you must be on the other side.

It's a sure sign of a very weak, irrational, emotional and undoubtedly feeble mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT