ADVERTISEMENT

Official Prediction Thread: IU @ Nebraska

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
Very interesting game in many ways. Nebraska is playing better except they just lost to bottom dweller Illinois. Nebraska didn't practice well before that game according to their coach. They got behind, let Illinois score early...made it close...but missing free throws were the killer.

What it comes down to: Nebraska is favored by 4. It is at Nebraska and they defend their home court well. Nebraska doesn't rebound well but gets to the line a lot. Both teams offenses and defenses are rated almost even. But IU is starting to hit 3's and Nebraska is on a slump. Nebraska has virtually no signature wins; playing the easy schedule they have.

Some info on the game from Nebraska's perspective: http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_09d9acb2-f6f1-5bb0-b1d9-535ff1312335.html

IU steals another one by hitting 3's; not turning over the ball; not getting too far behind; hitting FTs; playing defense, getting the lose ball...and Archie makes the right adjustments and sends in plays.

IU 74; Nebraska 70

PS. Hey, this Kool-Aid is great!

Last edited:
IU matches up really well against Nebraska. If we get them in the BTT, I think we beat them. But, in their place, I think the refs will help them out a lot. Oughta be a close game. IU hits some jumpers and wins...70-67.

Very interesting game in many ways. Nebraska is playing better except they just lost to bottom dweller Illinois. Nebraska didn't practice well before that game according to their coach. They got behind, let Illinois score early...made it close...but missing free throws were the killer.

What it comes down to: Nebraska is favored by 4. It is at Nebraska and they defend their home court well. Both teams offenses and defenses are rated almost even. But IU is starting to hit 3's and Nebraska is on a slump. Nebraska has virtually no signature wins; playing the easy schedule they have.

Some info on the game from Nebraska's perspective: http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_09d9acb2-f6f1-5bb0-b1d9-535ff1312335.html

IU steals another one by hitting 3's; not turning over the ball; not getting too far behind; hitting FTs; playing defense...and Archie makes the right adjustments and sends in plays.

IU 74; Nebraska 70

I feel they will be ready tonight IU 74 NEB 70

What it comes down to: Nebraska is favored by 4. It is at Nebraska and they defend their home court well. Both teams offenses and defenses are rated almost even. But IU is starting to hit 3's and Nebraska is on a slump. Nebraska has virtually no signature wins; playing the easy schedule they have.

IU steals another one by hitting 3's; not turning over the ball; not getting too far behind; hitting FTs; playing defense...and Archie makes the right adjustments and sends in plays.

IU 74; Nebraska 70

I really hope IU can pull this out, but I think Nebraska has played so well at home they will win by 10.

What it comes down to:
It is at Nebraska.
Nebraska gets to the line a lot.
Nebraska is a bubble team.

IU loses 42 fouls to 11.

Seriously, if we can lock down defensively (better than we saw vs. Iowa) and not get a ton of whistles, we could win this.

65-58 IU.

*as a side note, Just looked and if we'd shot a FT rate of just a tick over 60% @ UI and home vs MSU games we'd be 11-5 and tourney talk would be a more popular topic than recruiting. Yeah, fantasy, but still, in that light, it makes one realize how close we are.

I feel IU really needs this one to secure an NIT bid. Both IU and Nebraska lost games at Illinois, that they probably shouldn't have. Most of IU's wins in the Big have come against teams in the bottom half of the standings. I feel IU has a better chance to win this on the road than they do OSU at Bloomington. Lose and IU is likely looking at 9-9 in the Big 10/14. Win and they assure an over .500 conference record. IU also has those two terrible early season home losses they need to overcome.

I say we pull this one out. IU 65 Nebraska 62

Nebraska has built up a nice record but their results look somewhat similar to IU in the big 10 except for Michigan. IU has the stupid ISU and FW losses while Nebraska has taken care of business in those kinds of games. IMO, IU is past that now. Nebraska has a nice edge at home and should be favored but IMO, this is a coin flip game. Heads IU wins and tails Nebraska loses. Morgan hasn't had a huge game in a while. He's due for one.

CAM has them in the mental "Zone". IU by 12, and Hartman shows us what we expected from him most of the year.

I don't feel good about this game. Unfortunately, Nebraska 75 IU 62.

Hopefully I am wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT