ADVERTISEMENT

Official IU vs Rutgers Game Thread

rocketo

All-American
Feb 23, 2007
Peeps falling down on the job, so I started one. I feel like we need to bully Rutgers tonight.

Reactions: The Vid
To add to this, Rutgers has just pumped us out lately. I feel like nobody takes them seriously. But they are a good team, and if you want to beat them, you either need to just be vastly superior talent, or you need to be ready to throw down.

Reactions: Scangg
Can't let them take transition offense away from us and we need to make it a grind for them on the other end.

Reactions: rocketo
Peeps falling down on the job, so I started one. I feel like we need to bully Rutgers tonight.
Rutgers doesn't get bullied. The key for Indiana is knocking down open 3's when Rutgers doubles TJD. It will come down to 3 point shooting tonight IMO

Rutgers doesn't get bullied. The key for Indiana is knocking down open 3's when Rutgers doubles TJD. It will come down to 3 point shooting tonight IMO
That’s where you are wrong. If you don’t go into the game like like that, you are already beaten.

Need to keep pushing. And in half court, have to get the ball into the paint.

Good start but can we maintain? Team has seemed to lack a real killer instinct.

Good start but can we maintain? Team has seemed to lack a real killer instinct.
I see Banks. Any news on Gunn's status?

Earlier this year, we saw Gunn occasionally but never saw Banks. Now, it's reversed.

Rutgers in any other conference with competent refs is a mediocre basketball team, they rely on seeing what they can get away with and it's worked for them this year especially at home.

• Angry
Reactions: rocketo
Not good that we’re only up 3 right now. Not sure we can play that well offensively in the 2nd half against Rutgers defense.

Not good that we’re only up 3 right now. Not sure we can play that well offensively in the 2nd half against Rutgers defense.
Looked like Rutgers started clogging the foul lane on defense but we kept dribbling and passing there anyway.

Hoosiers have the dumbest turnovers on bad passes.

Needed that reverse layup but Trey to go down to blow the roof off the joint.

Rutgers bench warmers shooting out of their minds from 3 is a kick in the nuts.

I need more Malik and Banks and less Race.

Race stinking up the gym again. Hope he can turn the corner
I agree but the frustrating thing is that Reneau and Geronimo both gave up wide open 3s the second they get in almost every time. I am so over having 4 centers on this roster, 2 of which play out of position all the time.

This looks line and is being officiated like an AAU game. A little quicksand towards the end of the half. Regain your composure, Hoosiers and put this team away!

I agree but the frustrating thing is that Reneau and Geronimo both gave up wide open 3s the second they get in almost every time. I am so over having 4 centers on this roster, 2 of which play out of position all the time.
I’m tired of having one with chronic sinusitis that can’t give us any minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
Geronimo played tonight? He's not in the ESPN box score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT