ADVERTISEMENT

Official GoT Season Finale Thread. (Spoilers)

For the perverts in the thread:

That was a body double. Lena Headey was both 1) pregnant and 2) unwilling to strip completely naked on camera.

I thought I saw some digital work around her head on the wide-angle shots.

For the perverts in the thread:

That was a body double. Lena Headey was both 1) pregnant and 2) unwilling to strip completely naked on camera.

I thought I saw some digital work around her head on the wide-angle shots.
They should have gotten a better body then.

BTW. Kit Harrington swears that he hasn't signed on for next season yet and they told him Jon's dead for good.

I think he's just trolling the fans as part of an elaborate prank.

But...

Reactions: C-$
BTW. Kit Harrington swears that he hasn't signed on for next season yet and they told him Jon's dead for good.

But...
We need to get OS to research this. vbg.

At least were all on the same page now, or close and can talk about some theories.

I'm not so sure about Jon, where I was positive he was alive after reading the book. We'll see I guess.

I read the books but it's been a while ago..I recall only that Jon died..what in the book puts in question that he comes back?

We need to get OS to research this. vbg.

At least were all on the same page now, or close and can talk about some theories.

I'm not so sure about Jon, where I was positive he was alive after reading the book. We'll see I guess.

We'll definitely have to start a theory thread in the near future.

The show left very unambiguous. Dude is dead. If he comes back, it won't be because he survived, it will be because he was resurrected. That's why Melisandre is back. Either to resurrect him, or just to troll the fans who want her to.

I read the books but it's been a while ago..I recall only that Jon died..what in the book puts in question that he comes back?

Just reading between the lines for four years. LOL. R+L=J dies hard...

The early chapter where someone is getting stabbed and then wargs into a wolf? Or something like that. (I don't remember the details on this) Edit: I don't remember this part at all, but there's something in a prologue. Book four and five were chores, I struggled through them.

Also, Jon's last words were "Ghost". Who is in the possession of Mel, who is a priestess of R'hllor.

Edit: I really need to re-read the books. The more I watch of the show the more I forget.

Also, two priest of R'hllor have resurrected people. The one with Cersei with the Mountain. And the one with the Brotherhood without Banners has resurrected two. Beric Dondarrion multiple times and Momma Stoneheart.

Last edited:
The early chapter where someone is getting stabbed and then wargs into a wolf? Or something like that. (I don't remember the details on this) Edit: I don't remember this part at all, but there's something in a prologue. Book four and five were chores, I struggled through them.

Also, Jon's last words were "Ghost". Who is in the possession of Mel, who is a priestess of R'hllor.

Edit: I really need to re-read the books. The more I watch of the show the more I forget.

Also, two priest of R'hllor have resurrected people. The one with Cersei with the Mountain. And the one with the Brotherhood without Banners has resurrected two. Beric Dondarrion multiple times and Momma Stoneheart.

Okay the first part is not Jon. Ignore it. From Ghost on, to Momma Stoneheart, and what Goat said. Plus, Martin has made certain comments, when asked if we learn of Jon true lineage, he said "yes". Maybe in book 6, maybe in book 7.

Man, it's late .. gotta go.

Minor quibble, but Qyburn is an expelled Maester, not a priest of R'hllor.

Although, now that I think on it, the fact that he was successful in bringing back the Mountain certainly makes me think differently about Beric/LSH and so on...

Hmmm.....

Plus, Martin has made certain comments, when asked if we learn of Jon true lineage, he said "yes". Maybe in book 6, maybe in book 7.

Okay, I remember reading about that, I don't remember the details. But this is important, if you can remember:

Did GRRM say that we would learn Jon's true parents, or that Jon would?

What I really want to know is-

How did any non-book readers react to Jon Snow?

Non-book reader, but I already knew (as much as you can until it airs). Through that lens, it seemed telegraphed. First Sam leaves early in the episode. Then he makes his unpopular decision to let in the wildlings worse by shooting down the notion of them coming to Stannis' aid. So when they go back to Castle Black with 10 minutes left in the season, you knew it was for something bad. And they weren't going to buck the trend of saving the most dramatic scene of every episode until the very end, so to top Cersei's walk of shame, you knew that meant someone major had to die.

By the way, even with spoiler tags, TREAD CAREFULLY.

Post your predictions, reactions and cursing here. Hide spoilers where appropriate.

For me:
I'm intrigued by the suggestion that Selyse might kill Stannis and Melisandre. This would either be a huge departure from the book or yet another example of the show spoiling WoW. Supposedly, killing Shireen was GRRM's idea, so I think she's cooked in the book, somehow, too.
So I missed it and won't get to watch until tonight but I love waking up to all these F game of thrones "I'm done" posts in FB.
Made the grind of books 4-5 worth it

Reactions: T.M.P.
So I missed it and won't get to watch until tonight but I love waking up to all these F game of thrones "I'm done" posts in FB.
Made the grind of books 4-5 worth it

Honestly, people who have watched this series and yet to realize the overarching theme is that if you come from the House of Stark, then life is going to thoroughly suck for you deserve the emotional trauma.

Once the dragon fire lady came back to Castle Black - - basically telling everybody Stannis lost at Winterfell and was presumably dead - - that was the end for John Snow.

Interesting..I didn't catch that his last word was Ghost..also had forgotten about the resurrected people. Kit's comments today are that he will not be back..gone for good...sad..

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/ga...-series-finale-death-095000004-us-weekly.html

Interesting..I didn't catch that his last word was Ghost..also had forgotten about the resurrected people. Kit's comments today are that he will not be back..gone for good...sad..

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/ga...-series-finale-death-095000004-us-weekly.html
The thing to remember about that interview is that it was published online literally as Jon was getting stabbed. In other words, the showrunners agreed to an interview about Jon's fate, so long as there was an embargo until the scene aired. So, there's at least a 50% chance, I'd guess, that the entire interview is just one big misdirection.

The thing to remember about that interview is that it was published online literally as Jon was getting stabbed. In other words, the showrunners agreed to an interview about Jon's fate, so long as there was an embargo until the scene aired. So, there's at least a 50% chance, I'd guess, that the entire interview is just one big misdirection.
He didn't say ghost in the show... Just watched it 3 minutes ago but the red priest is there. They'll really have to refresh people that a red priest can do that if that's the direction they're going

He also technically only said he'd be gone for Season 6. There wasn't exactly denial of returning for a season or two beyond that.

He also technically only said he'd be gone for Season 6. There wasn't exactly denial of returning for a season or two beyond that.
He has a contract for seasons 6 & 7 with HBO...he'll be reborn as Azor Ahai not Jon Snow.

Would you please stop. I don't want to know!

I would like some hope for the next book.

That's what makes the show still really interesting...the books aren't even finished with the story...and the departure from book to film is great enough to keep even readers guessing.

Yep. Until WoW comes out, we are all now in the same boat: massive speculation and crazy conspiracy theories.

I'm wondering - do we need the spoiler button to talk about Jons true parentage? Also on Martins answer, it never cited the question only the answer.

I'm wondering - do we need the spoiler button to talk about Jons true parentage? Also on Martins answer, it never cited the question only the answer.
Personally, I don't think we need any spoiler tags at this point, unless it's to avoid spoiling what happened last night for the people who DVR'd it.
And there is no reason to use any spoiler tags for book discussions. If Moops hasn't learned how to read yet, he's not going to start now.

Don't believe it for a second.

Maybe Benji comes back as a white walker and turns Jon somehow...or maybe Melisandres resurrects him.

Her facial expressions showed genuine doubt and fear....she saw visions of House Stannis banners being lifted over burning Bolton banners...I think that still happens...maybe?

Personally, I don't think we need any spoiler tags at this point, unless it's to avoid spoiling what happened last night for the people who DVR'd it.
And there is no reason to use any spoiler tags for book discussions. If Moops hasn't learned how to read yet, he's not going to start now.

Cool. Now, we need a theories thread.

...she saw visions of House Stannis banners being lifted over burning Bolton banners...
House Stannis or House Barratheon?

The Barratheon bastard is still out there.

Bolton Bastard v Barratheon Bastard

ONLY CRIPPLES, BASTARDS, AND BROKEN THINGS WILL SURVIVE ! ! ! !
Aye-aye-aye-aye Oh-Oh-Oh Aye-Aye-Aye-Aye-Yeaaaahhhhh.

Stark Bastard (He not finished)
Lannister Broken Thing
Stark Cripple should be back next season

Maybe Benji comes back as a white walker and turns Jon somehow...or maybe Melisandres resurrects him.

Her facial expressions showed genuine doubt and fear....she saw visions of House Stannis banners being lifted over burning Bolton banners...I think that still happens...maybe?
I think Stannis is still alive. In fact I never believe anyone is dead, unless I see a rolling head. Hey that rhymes.. badly.

Reactions: C-$ and Moops
I think Stannis is still alive. In fact I never believe anyone is dead, unless I see a rolling head. Hey that rhymes.. badly.

I still think Syrio Forel is alive, too.

What do we say to the God of Death ... Not Today.

I still think Syrio Forel is alive, too.

What do we say to the God of Death ... Not Today.
It's speculated that he is/was a faceless man.

The man ... is not dead.

As the Dog said. "The greatest swordman alive killed by Meryn Trant?"...

Didn't happen.

Well, at least the finished the season on a high note. Best episode of the season, and not even close.
I still preferred Hardhome. I didn't love this one, to be honest.

What I really want to know is-

How did any non-book readers react to Jon Snow?
As someone who just started reading the books, I figured he had it coming. I also logically can't think of any other reason to have Melisandre at the wall, so it didn't hit me quite as hard as I thought it would.

To be fair, though, I also had "For the Watch" spoiled for me, so it may have made a difference if I didn't know he would be betrayed at some point.

But...
Unlike every character death to date, he didn't get a traditional parting gift. So it's got to be trolling.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT