ADVERTISEMENT

Official GoT Season Finale Thread. (Spoilers)

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
By the way, even with spoiler tags, TREAD CAREFULLY.

Post your predictions, reactions and cursing here. Hide spoilers where appropriate.

For me:
I'm intrigued by the suggestion that Selyse might kill Stannis and Melisandre. This would either be a huge departure from the book or yet another example of the show spoiling WoW. Supposedly, killing Shireen was GRRM's idea, so I think she's cooked in the book, somehow, too.

after tonight and this thread. We need a predictions for next year thread.

Jon.

after tonight and this thread. We need a predictions for next year thread.

Jon.
Agreed.

Convoluted theory that tonight is the night Lady Stoneheart shows up.

The internet might explode if that happens.

Plus Jon?

They have an opportunity to make up for the whole season if they do tonight correctly.

Agreed.

Convoluted theory that tonight is the night Lady Stoneheart shows up.

The internet might explode if that happens.

Plus Jon?

They have an opportunity to make up for the whole season if they do tonight correctly.
That would be very surprising. Hope it happens.

Do we get to see Cersei naked tonight? Also, I suspect Dany is done for the year, and Tyrion (?) takes over leadership, before the seige?

I wonder how they'll end the Sansa string.

Do we get to see Cersei naked tonight? Also, I suspect Dany is done for the year, and Tyrion (?) takes over leadership, before the seige?

Well..
Dany is in the synoposis, so she shows up, but it's probably just her getting surrounded by Khal Jhoqo's (sp.?) men.

Reactions: C-$
Well, at least the finished the season on a high note. Best episode of the season, and not even close.
I didn't imagine Jon looking so dead while reading. Only partly dead. fwiw - He did a very poor job getting stabbed and dying. Where the f' is Ghost? Also, Stannis lives.

I didn't imagine Jon looking so dead while reading. Only partly dead. fwiw - He did a very poor job getting stabbed and dying. Where the f' is Ghost? Also, Stannis lives.
Dunno...
Jon's alive. They brought Melisandre back to the wall. Why reconnect to the book in that way if she wasn't needed? She's needed to bring Jon back.

I think Stannis is dead. You assume Ramsay is lying in the book, but he did say Stannis was dead.

We'll find out next year, but I think this episode really adds to the idea that Jon is Azor Ahai.

Selyse hanging herself caught me off-guard.

I didn't believe it, but I'm still disappointed no LSH. Sigh...

Maybe next year...

Also, Myrcella... damn.

She's dead.

That's got to be the saddest moment in Jaime's life.

I was about to say that I think Lena Headey used a body double, but browsing the news, I think I'm wrong.

I enjoyed Cersei's tits.

I would like to bang her.

One quibble:
The Ollie thing was weak. If they had taken the time to develop the Bowen character properly, it would have been more meaningful. Instead, it was like watching Caesar die just a few scenes after you first learned out who Brutus was.

Also, by skipping the part about Jon riding south to avenge Winterfell, they oversimplified the Watch's motivation for killing Jon.

It was done very, very well, but it was one of those cases where it actually was done better in the books, and not just how people always say that, but genuinely better in the books.

Dunno...
Jon's alive. They brought Melisandre back to the wall. Why reconnect to the book in that way if she wasn't needed? She's needed to bring Jon back.

I think Stannis is dead. You assume Ramsay is lying in the book, but he did say Stannis was dead.

We'll find out next year, but I think this episode really adds to the idea that Jon is Azor Ahai.

Selyse hanging herself caught me off-guard.

I didn't believe it, but I'm still disappointed no LSH. Sigh...

Maybe next year...

Also, Myrcella... damn.

She's dead.

That's got to be the saddest moment in Jaime's life.

I was about to say that I think Lena Headey used a body double, but browsing the news, I think I'm wrong.

Nah that was her body. For sure.

That episode could have been longer. I was beginning to think they weren't going to fit everything in it.

Brienne got her revenge.

There wasn't enough snow to catch Reek and Sansa.

Everyone just started dying.

I was a little disappointed.

But....I lose interest with the whole High Sparrow/Many Faced God stuff....I gotta admit. The dialogue is just so stupid, sorry.

Besides, A good finale should resolve something for fans of the protagonists. My thirst for revenge and retribution went unquenched.

I was a little disappointed.

But....I lose interest with the whole High Sparrow/Many Faced God stuff....I gotta admit. The dialogue is just so stupid, sorry.

Besides, A good finale should resolve something for fans of the protagonists. My thirst for revenge and retribution went unquenched.

The show was well done but a bummer, really.

You should quit your job and become a critic. You are capable of not liking anything.

There wasn't enough snow to catch Reek and Sansa.
You think Reek and Sansa are dead? Man, I'm going everyone, in question, is still alive. Jon will be a zombie, or reborn, whatever. Sansa and Reek? That's too much easy story to just end. And, Stannis lives. No way she did it. Where's Pod?

You think Reek and Sansa are dead? Man, I'm going everyone, in question, is still alive. Jon will be a zombie, or reborn, whatever. Sansa and Reek? That's too much easy story to just end. And, Stannis lives. No way she did it. Where's Pod?
I'm not saying they're dead but in the book they were buried in snow. That was a dusting pretty much.

I'm re-reading the book and am at the point that Stannis is supposedly at Winterfell. I honestly can't remember what happens after that. Jon will go on as something.

I'm not saying they're dead but in the book they were buried in snow. That was a dusting pretty much.

I'm re-reading the book and am at the point that Stannis is supposedly at Winterfell. I honestly can't remember what happens after that. Jon will go on as something.
I thought it was iffy camera work/CGI, but I think it was supposed to look like there was snow piled up against the wall.

It's no better in the book. That whole arc is annoying.

I haven't taken the time to learn how to do that...

And it's not my problem, it's theirs.

Why would anyone expect to not find spoilers in this thread?

It would serve as a good life lesson...
You mean you're lazy and don't give a crap? The button with the + sign, hit it.

Hey! This lazy bastard was concentrating on the game first. But I knew better to get on here or social media until I was finished.

It's no better in the book. That whole arc is annoying.

I could listen to Tyrion and Varys, or, hell, Ramsey and Roos....or many other dialogs...all day...b/c they are awesome and it's what makes the show rad...along with the envelope pushing sexual depravity.

But the fire dragon lady, many faced god and sparrow stuff is sorta wack.

I side with Citadel and the maesters, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT