ADVERTISEMENT

Official GoT Season Finale Thread. (Spoilers)

According to his interview, he is NOT under contract. I still think it's a scam, but he did say the claim he already signed a contract was false.

There's already a controversial Instagram pic of Kit at some kind of coffeehouse in Belfast. Guess what's going on in Belfast, Ireland right now??

Plus I believe the reason why there is no Lady Stonetits is because the TV show wants to use the shock of the resurrection scene with Jon. If they showed everyone that Kat can come back...then Jon can too.

They did re introduce the mountain right before Jon's scene.

As someone else pointed out...there was no 'sad to see Kit go' that hell they did for Ygretti. And for Jack Gleason...and for Richard Maddon. They just said like Ned, Jon paid the price for his decisions.

So yeah...Jon's not dead.

I do think Stannis is. I was glad that half his army left after the burning of Shireen. That was a horrible decision that cost him everything...his daughter, his wife, his legacy and his war. He had that coming and Stephen Dellane played him perfectly up to the last scene when he surprised Brienne by admitting he used black magic and for her to do her duty.

So my guess is Jon and Sands is still alive. Stannis and Mel are dead. Arya is temporarily blind. Her teacher is still alive and a faceless man.

I also think the Hound is still alive.

[QUOTE="I do think Stannis is. I was glad that half his army left after the burning of Shireen. That was a horrible decision that cost him everything...his daughter, his wife, his legacy and his war. He had that coming and Stephen Dellane played him perfectly up to the last scene when he surprised Brienne by admitting he used black magic and for her to do her duty.[/QUOTE]

Agree...a ton of stellar acting in the series but he is one of the best. He is one of those "less is more" actors.

Reactions: Moops
Plus I believe the reason why there is no Lady Stonetits is because the TV show wants to use the shock of the resurrection scene with Jon.

If that were the case, they wouldn't have shown the Lord of Light bringing the Bw/oB leader back from the grave. We all know a high priest of the Lord of Light sect can raise the dead (or petition the LoL on the deceased's behalf). I see Jon Snow getting lain upon by another naked redhead.

After the initial shock last night, it took my daughter all of 15 seconds to determine she would be bringing Jon back. And now that His Watch Has Ended, he'll be free from his vow to take up arms for his Kingdom. Take the other half of Stannis' men AND the wildlings, and march on Winterfell.

I do think Stannis is. I was glad that half his army left after the burning of Shireen. That was a horrible decision that cost him everything...his daughter, his wife, his legacy and his war. He had that coming and Stephen Dellane played him perfectly up to the last scene when he surprised Brienne by admitting he used black magic and for her to do her duty.

Yeah, no character loses everything bit by bit due to blind ambition, is believed to be killed, but then comes back - especially when that character just had his daughter burned alive.

Take the other half of Stannis' men AND the wildlings, and march on Winterfell.
I like it... though I would rather see Brienne, Sansa or most especially Reek cut off Ramsey's junk and feed it too him.

There's speculation here about whether or not Stannis is dead.

But I haven't seen this: If Stannis is in fact alive, doesn't that mean Brienne very likely could be dead?

I don't particularly know if there's any importance to Brienne later on, or if she's even relevant, but I haven't exactly seen anybody say how they believe Stannis is still alive.

If that were the case, they wouldn't have shown the Lord of Light bringing the Bw/oB leader back from the grave.

That's true, but they were bit characters. Bringing a major character like Cat back would make bringing Jon back more of a 'hey red witch, sit on that corpse and get this going' vs a holy balls he's back kind of moment. IMO.

"After the initial shock last night, it took my daughter all of 15 seconds to determine she would be bringing Jon back. And now that His Watch Has Ended, he'll be free from his vow to take up arms for his Kingdom. Take the other half of Stannis' men AND the wildlings, and march on Winterfell.

This is an GREAT point. Jon was not killed...he was freed. I like it. Nice job.

There's speculation here about whether or not Stannis is dead.

But I haven't seen this: If Stannis is in fact alive, doesn't that mean Brienne very likely could be dead?

I don't particularly know if there's any importance to Brienne later on, or if she's even relevant, but I haven't exactly seen anybody say how they believe Stannis is still alive.

I implied them to mean that Brienne swung and struck the tree, unable to complete the death blow. Maybe she decided she could use his help to uphold her oath to Lady Stark and get Sansa out of Winterfell.
Not that Stannis was playing coy and quickly retaliated and killed her.

What if she wasn't really his daughter? Just wondering aloud. She wouldn't have kings blood.

I'd find this to be surprising since Stannis is Captain Hardass. Unless someone like Davos banged Stannis's wife behind his back? What's your angle?

I'd find this to be surprising since Stannis is Captain Hardass. Unless someone like Davos banged Stannis's wife behind his back? What's your angle?
Don;t really have one. But the look on Mel's face, she's wondering WTF went wrong. And, there was a quip in the intro last night, that made me think what if she's not really his daughter? The blood magic won't work. I doubt it very much .. maybe that will be her excuse?

Don;t really have one. But the look on Mel's face, she's wondering WTF went wrong. And, there was a quip in the intro last night, that made me think what if she's not really his daughter? The blood magic won't work. I doubt it very much .. maybe that will be her excuse?

I'd have to rewatch that scene from episode 9, but with my fuzzy memory you might have a point. IIRC, Stannis' wife was down with it, then after Stannis said, 'She has King's blood', the wife changed her tone and pleaded for her daughter's life. Its like she didn't know King's blood was needed for the sacrifice to work.

I'd have to rewatch that scene from episode 9, but with my fuzzy memory you might have a point. IIRC, Stannis' wife was down with it, then after Stannis said, 'She has King's blood', the wife changed her tone and pleaded for her daughter's life. Its like she didn't know King's blood was needed for the sacrifice to work.
Hmmm..... maybe we're on to something. I just noticed on the preview for this week, before the intro .. "I have shown you the power of King's blood" and more importantly .. "she has your blood in her veins" or something close to that. My first thought was "what if she's not his?" ...

Going a bit further on that thought.

What would happen? First the spell wouldn't work and his wife would be shamed. Which fits what happened.. But was the spell just to lift the weather or for victory?

Going a bit further on that thought.

What would happen? First the spell wouldn't work and his wife would be shamed. Which fits what happened.. But was the spell just to lift the weather or for victory?

If you believe what Mel was saying, then the spell was supposed to ensure victory and lifting the weather was part of that. Of course I don't think she realized what effect the sacrificing of a child would do to many of the men.

I do agree that Stannis's wife could have hung herself out of grief and out of the notion that she knew the princess didn't have King's blood in her veins and thus the spell wouldn't work. Following that train of thought, Stannis would have found out and blamed her and she would have been killed anyway, Stannis being a follow the letter of the law kind of guy.

I'm wondering however if perhaps the greyscale had something to do with the effectiveness of the spell. Perhaps she did have King's blood running through her veins, but the greyscale somehow unexpectedly tainted it, causing the spell not to work the way it should have?

If you believe what Mel was saying, then the spell was supposed to ensure victory and lifting the weather was part of that. Of course I don't think she realized what effect the sacrificing of a child would do to many of the men.

I do agree that Stannis's wife could have hung herself out of grief and out of the notion that she knew the princess didn't have King's blood in her veins and thus the spell wouldn't work. Following that train of thought, Stannis would have found out and blamed her and she would have been killed anyway, Stannis being a follow the letter of the law kind of guy.

I'm wondering however if perhaps the greyscale had something to do with the effectiveness of the spell. Perhaps she did have King's blood running through her veins, but the greyscale somehow unexpectedly tainted it, causing the spell not to work the way it should have?
Another possibility. Stannis isn't a king and Mel just came to that realization.

Reactions: Moops
Well when you're playing the game, it's easy enough one day to be a King and the next day to not be, or to not even be alive for that matter.

This is just a spitball .... no answers contained within ... only questions.

What we know:
Robert's bastard had enough Kings blood that 2of3 leeches worth worked immediately. Still waiting on Greyjoy's leech. This proves Robert, the Usurper, was the rightful king, no?

Robert died leaving throne to __________ ?
a) Stannis (next brother)
b) Robert's bastard (bastard's don't inherit throne)
c) Renly, if not Stannis (dead)

Not sure how Jon Snow would be the rightful heir to throne if the dominant rumor is true. He'd still be a bastard. Wouldn't it have already fallen to Dany and the leeches from Usurper blood wouldn't have worked.

Robb was king of north and the sacrifice occurred in the north. So I suppose Bran could be the King here.

Not sure how Jon Snow would be the rightful heir to throne if the dominant rumor is true. He'd still be a bastard. Wouldn't it have already fallen to Dany and the leeches from Usurper blood wouldn't have worked.

It's suspected that Rheagar actually married Lyanna. If true, then Jon is not a bastard and his name isn't Jon and he is the heir. Targs were into polygamy as well as incest.

Last edited:
Then why did the Baratheon bastard's leeches work if Robert was nothing more than a Usurper? Or were 2of3 merely coincidence?

12aa7c9bf66709872bd312aa79dc531a2a5defff.jpg

Then why did the Baratheon bastard's leeches work if Robert was nothing more than a Usurper? Or were 2of3 merely coincidence?

12aa7c9bf66709872bd312aa79dc531a2a5defff.jpg

Who knows such things? I have no idea what the Red God views as legitimacy. Maybe sitting on the throne made him a legit king? If only OS would do a flow chart explaining how ascendancy works in Westeros.

fwiw - all three worked, at least in book form. They've basically ignored the Ironborn's arc but Balin is dead. It's supposed to return next year.

This is just a spitball .... no answers contained within ... only questions.

What we know:
Robert's bastard had enough Kings blood that 2of3 leeches worth worked immediately. Still waiting on Greyjoy's leech. This proves Robert, the Usurper, was the rightful king, no?

Robert died leaving throne to __________ ?
a) Stannis (next brother)
b) Robert's bastard (bastard's don't inherit throne)
c) Renly, if not Stannis (dead)

Robb was king of north and the sacrifice occurred in the north. So I suppose Bran could be the King here.
Rightful or not, he'd still have king's blood. And I don't think R'hllor cares if the king is lawful. It seems that anyone who declares himself or is recognized as a king (or descendent of them) would work: see Mance.

Rightful or not, he'd still have king's blood. And I don't think R'hllor cares if the king is lawful. It seems that anyone who declares himself or is recognized as a king (or descendent of them) would work: see Mance.
Mance is alive.. remember, as is his real child. Which is why it failed. Am I remembering that correctly? The whole "dragon-tamer" thing has me gun shy.

I blame the Mandela effect. Jokingly.

Mance is alive.. remember, as is his real child. Which is why it failed. Am I remembering that correctly? The whole "dragon-tamer" thing has me gun shy.

I blame the Mandela effect. Jokingly.
IIRC...

In the books, it wasn't Mance that died, and Melisandre knew that, because it was her own deception.

In the TV show, Mance burned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT