ADVERTISEMENT

Official debate thread

From comments through page 3, it sounds like that debate was a lot of fun to watch. Glad we watched The Bear instead, although Episode 8 was a brutal watch. Might have preferred the debate.

I think hate against Biden turned to sadness for him last night. I know it did for me. I sat watching and felt sick for him.

Hate will be directed at Dr Jill and those that allow this elderly abuse to continue.

How can anyone say he’s capable of carrying out the duties of President?
I think those who only watch biased liberal news shows were stunned by his poor performance, whereas Fox viewers are more familiar with his incoherent “antics”.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
great stuff!

a couple favorites.....

"As it concerns their respective golf abilities, both candidates for president were absolutely, utterly full of shit....."

"Rick Reilly, the author of the book about Trump’s golf fabrications, told Vox in 2019 that Trump “cheats like a mafia accountant,” adding: “He kicks the ball so much that caddies call him Pelé.”

I think Trump's plan was to lay back and let Joe self-implode. Which was a good strategy, and worked well.

But, as you said, he didn't hit the issues as hard as he could have. The problem is, if you hit Biden too hard, people feel sympathy for him. Trump was walking a fine line and didn't want to come off as a bully. In that respect, I think he succeeded.
Trump himself had a terrible debate but it was overshadowed by Biden.

I think hate against Biden turned to sadness for him last night. I know it did for me. I sat watching and felt sick for him.

Hate will be directed at Dr Jill and those that allow this elderly abuse to continue.

How can anyone say he’s capable of carrying out the duties of President?
I dislike Biden as much as I dislike Trump (for different reason) but when he lost his train of thought early, that look on his face...I felt sorry for him. He kne, but there was nothing he could do about it.

Reactions: stollcpa
Trump himself had a terrible debate but it was overshadowed by Biden.
Agree. The next time Trump actually lays out real policy and discusses it cogently will be the first. It's really a shame the Democrats don't have someone who can more capably call him to the carpet and get past his bluster. He's an idiot, but he cleared a low bar of looking like the better 'debater' last night.

• Haha
Reactions: MrBing and DANC
I am no Kamala fan. Far from it, she's always come across as an idiot. That said, I saw her interview with A. Cooper after the debate last night and thought she did a pretty good job under the circumstances. It was surprising.
It's would be the first time in history she didn't have a complete and total word salad moment. Biden speaking and accusing Trump of Hitler last night? The only thing that comes close to Hitler, is the drugs the dem party serves Kamala and Joe.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and ulrey
I can't believe you're really that dense. But maybe you are.
Sorry, I think you have me confused with someone else. Or you need a dictionary. I don't post conspiracy theories or wild speculation, which is why it's so weird that you replied to my post about facts and conspiracy theories by calling it the definition of irony.

Sorry, I think you have me confused with someone else. Or you need a dictionary. I don't post conspiracy theories or wild speculation, which is why it's so weird that you replied to my post about facts and conspiracy theories by calling it the definition of irony.
DANC constantly and ironically misuses the word.

• Haha
Reactions: Ohio Guy
He didn't have a terrible debate at all. There really was no debate - Trump dominated.

As Trump might say, "Historians say I am the greatest president of all time, and Joe is the worst".

Meanwhile looking at the bewildered Biden on the split screen one could conclude Trump is correct.

He didn't have a terrible debate at all. There really was no debate - Trump dominated.
He dominated the conversation but he told so many half truths, falsehhods and exagerations that he had a poor debate. Had Biden been awake and coherent he would have called him on them. He also refused to address some of the most important questions.

Don't confuse that with having a good debate

I dislike Biden as much as I dislike Trump (for different reason) but when he lost his train of thought early, that look on his face...I felt sorry for him. He kne, but there was nothing he could do about it.
I am the same way. I in no way would make fun of someone who has dementia. Notice afterwards how Jill came up to help him get down the stairs which were not steep and there was another person coming towards Biden on his right side to help if he needed it. CNN was talking right after the debate that perhaps Biden should be replaced. I think that is fair. Don't make fun of him. But acknowledge he is not fit to serve.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing about her that I find to scream "leader" but she at least isn't medically mentally compromised. Joe is.
Have you ever listened to her speak for more than three minutes... Last night with Anderson was the first time she's spoken coherently on any topic over the past three and a half years... She may well be missing quite a few brain cells herself...

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
As Trump might say, "Historians say I am the greatest president of all time, and Joe is the worst".

Meanwhile looking at the bewildered Biden on the split screen one could conclude Trump is correct.
That's a little like second-to-last place Northwestern beating last place Penn State in the last game of the regular season and Northwestern declaring that they're the best Big Ten basketball team of all time after their win.

Have you ever listened to hear speak for more than three minutes... Last night with Anderson was the first time she's spoken coherently on any topic over the past three and a half years... She may well be missing quite a few brain cells herself...
To be fair - right or wrong - this administration seems to have kept her on the bench so we haven't had much of a chance to plead her case on any number topics.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
What are today's odds that Biden's name will end up being on ballots in November? I don't know -- but they can't be as good as they were yesterday.

That said, I don't think Republicans should be doing handsprings and Dems should be pondering a Hemlock Iced Latte. If this clears the way for pressure to be brought to bear on Biden to step aside and the Democrats do an adept job at replacing him, we could end up looking at this debate as the day a second Trump term was thwarted.

Have you ever listened to hear speak for more than three minutes... Last night with Anderson was the first time she's spoken coherently on any topic over the past three and a half years... She may well be missing quite a few brain cells herself...
I am going to be fair with VP Harris on this point. She is being asked about Biden's fitness for office. She is the VP. She has to be loyal even though it is obvious that the President is physically unfit for office. Also if she can't say he should step down because 1. She is toast and she knows it. Her only path going forward politically is to be the VP and hope he leaves office during his second term. Then she can be President. 2. She would look like she is attacking him to get the nomination for herself.

What are today's odds that Biden's name will end up being on ballots in November? I don't know -- but they can't be as good as they were yesterday.

That said, I don't think Republicans should be doing handsprings and Dems should be pondering a Hemlock Iced Latte. If this clears the way for pressure to be brought to bear on Biden to step aside and the Democrats do an adept job at replacing him, we could end up looking at this debate as the day a second Trump term was thwarted.

Obama is obviously Michelle, not Barack.

BETTING ODDSBIDENNEWSOMHARRISOBAMACLINTONWHITMERBUTTIGIEGSANDERSWARREN
RCP Average55.619.210.66.53.52.30.80.50.5
Betfair52209423000
Bovada5225101042111
Polymarket61887
PredictIt5823145111
Smarkets552012532100

Obama is obviously Michelle, not Barack.

BETTING ODDSBIDENNEWSOMHARRISOBAMACLINTONWHITMERBUTTIGIEGSANDERSWARREN
RCP Average55.619.210.66.53.52.30.80.50.5
Betfair52209423000
Bovada5225101042111
Polymarket61887
PredictIt5823145111
Smarkets552012532100

Gretchen Whitmer at $2 seems like a decent bet to me. It's cheap to buy and could easily jump a lot if Biden bows out (personally, I think he will).

IMO, she'd obviously be the best choice as a replacement -- especially if she picks Gov. Josh Shapiro as her runningmate. However, I can understand why the best odds go to Newsom and Harris, given the info we have right now. That makes sense.

But it's interesting that the betting markets have Biden's chances of nomination at almost 50/50.

If accurate game over.

Nah, thanks to the electoral college, it doesn't really matter, because we don't vote for Biden, we vote for a Democratic slate of electors. And while the process is different in each state, if Biden did drop out, he'd just release his electors to vote for whomever his replacement ends up being.

It's too bad term limits will never be enacted. These people that are in DC for 30-40-50 years run out of ideas after about 15. They'd be better individuals later in life if they escaped the swamp.

Gretchen Whitmer at $2 seems like a decent bet to me. It's cheap to buy and could easily jump a lot if Biden bows out (personally, I think he will).

IMO, she'd obviously be the best choice as a replacement -- especially if she picks Gov. Josh Shapiro as her runningmate. However, I can understand why the best odds go to Newsom and Harris, given the info we have right now. That makes sense.

But it's interesting that the betting markets have Biden's chances of nomination at almost 50/50.
I can only speculate, but it seems if Harris doesn't replace him, all hell breaks loose. A big chunk of that voting block would lose their minds if Newsome (or any other white guy) leapfrogged Harris.

The narrative now is the she doesn't want to give up power. Such interesting times.

Don't kid yourself: he wants the power and fame, too.
But a good woman can help you see the light son. Mine is still out there. And maybe so is Joe’s. Playing bingo at some upscale Delaware assisted living home

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT