ADVERTISEMENT

Official Biden Speech Thread

It was a good speech, and one you do when you are bowing out. Biden actually gets to ride off in the sunset sitting pretty no matter what.

If Harris wins, he'll go out a legend for being the ultimate patriot who gave up power to save and unite the party, and the Dems will remind America every year that in turn he saved the country twice from someone who wanted to thwart Democracy.

If Trump wins, Biden will get to say he did what the party wanted in order to unite them and ask everyone "hey, what could have been, am i right?"

It's an argument of convenience, but that's exactly what the Dems gave Biden to make, and he took it. Can't say I blame him. Short term, it has united the party more than anyone probably ever thought.

Reactions: Bowlmania
It was a good speech, and one you do when you are bowing out. Biden actually gets to ride off in the sunset sitting pretty no matter what.

If Harris wins, he'll go out a legend for being the ultimate patriot who gave up power to save and unite the party, and the Dems will remind America every year that in turn he saved the country twice from someone who wanted to thwart Democracy.

If Trump wins, Biden will get to say he did what the party wanted in order to unite them and ask everyone "hey, what could have been, am i right?"

It's an argument of convenience, but that's exactly what the Dems gave Biden to make, and he took it. Can't say I blame him. Short term, it has united the party more than anyone probably ever thought.
I thought Harris would have a couple of serious challengers and that the party wouldn't be unified until the end of the convention next month. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Harris was embraced by the party, pretty much across the board, within 36 hours of Biden's announcement that he was stepping aside. She raised $100 million in 24 hours (much of it from almost a million grassroots supporters), more than any other candidate (Pub or Dem) in the history of American presidential campaigns. Over 28,000 new volunteers signed up in the 36 hours following Biden's announcement. It's been a remarkable political phenomenon, one that I don't think very many saw coming.

She'll get further mileage out of the VP announcement in 10 days or so. Another bump as a result of the convention will follow, and early voting starts in some states just weeks after the convention ends.

She's got serious momentum and money and will be tough to beat.

I thought Harris would have a couple of serious challengers and that the party wouldn't be unified until the end of the convention next month. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Harris was embraced by the party, pretty much across the board, within 36 hours of Biden's announcement that he was stepping aside. She raised $100 million in 24 hours (much of it from almost a million grassroots supporters), more than any other candidate (Pub or Dem) in the history of American presidential campaigns. Over 28,000 new volunteers signed up in the 36 hours following Biden's announcement. It's been a remarkable political phenomenon, one that I don't think very many saw coming.

She'll get further mileage out of the VP announcement in 10 days or so. Another bump as a result of the convention will follow, and early voting starts in some states just weeks after the convention ends.

She's got serious momentum and money and will be tough to beat.
I can't imagine much of a convention bounce if any. Trump appears to have gotten zero convention bounce and it just doesn't seem like the electorate is as elastic as it once was to make convention bounces a thing. IMHO, her big opportunities for a bounce are in the VP announcement and in a debate.

Reactions: Bowlmania
I can't imagine much of a convention bounce if any. Trump appears to have gotten zero convention bounce and it just doesn't seem like the electorate is as elastic as it once was to make convention bounces a thing. IMHO, her big opportunities for a bounce are in the VP announcement and in a debate.
Yes. Increasing polarization has reduced the magnitude of the bounce from national conventions over the last 20 years or so, but a bounce still tends to happen. I haven't carefully followed Trump's polling since the RNC, but I'll take your word for it that he got no bounce. If true, that's more than a little surprising, particularly since the convention immediately followed the assassination attempt, and there were millions of eyeballs on the RNC, particularly on Night 4.

The Dem convention this year will almost certainly feature star power that far exceeds what the GOP was able to produce in Milwaukee with Hulk Hogan and Kid Rock. (Where was Chachi?) I would expect that the final night will feature the Obamas, Clintons and Bidens sharing the stage at some point with Harris and Emhoff. That will be a made-for-TV moment that will blow the roof off of the United Center. I don't know how that wouldn't provide a bounce and a bump in her polling, but I guess we'll find out. Also, I agree that their debate(s), particularly the first one, will have a huge TV audience and could be significantly impactful.

Underwhelming.

Too bad he's such a lousy public speaker. This was his chance to make a defining statement that would resonate across history, and he couldn't pull it off.

I'm grateful to Biden for removing Trump from power. I hope beyond hope his successors can keep him out. Our future depends on it.

Your welfare state does, that’s for sure

Underwhelming.

Too bad he's such a lousy public speaker. This was his chance to make a defining statement that would resonate across history, and he couldn't pull it off.

I'm grateful to Biden for removing Trump from power. I hope beyond hope his successors can keep him out. Our future depends on it.
Four years of Kamala is a heavy price to pay to keep Trump out…another lost four years…but here we are.

I am dropping out to defend democracy and The Republic, also I plan to rewrite the rules of the Supreme Court.

Kind like how McTurtle did when he stole a seat on the SC. Most people on both sides are for term limits on the Supreme Court and I don't know why anyone would be against enforceable ethics.

How "peaceful" was the transfer of Power to DJT won in 2016? People crying in the streets...protesting...threatning to leave the country...Dems crying Russia collusion...Still crying that. Clinton calling Trump supproters, "deplorables.".

But when DJT questions the legitemency of an election, we get statements like this.
You really want to compare a peaceful protest in 2016 to what happened on Jan 6?

You must love your false equivalencies.

Trump did way more than just question the legitimacy of the election. He installed fake electors in multiple states in order to replace the voting results, he pressured Pence to illegally refuse to accept the election results in the Senate, he called and pressured Georgia to find him votes, he incited a mob to storm the Capitol, he refused to ever concede even after losing in court over and over and over, and the baby wouldn't even attend Biden's inauguration. But yea, that is EXACTLY the same as only questioning the legitimacy.

Reactions: UncleMark
81 million votes. 🤡
That didn’t answer the question, but yes, Biden did get more than 81 million votes and legitimately won the popular vote as well as the EC. Only morons don’t know that. Guess you’re saying you aren’t a moron?

Did Trump lose those two 2020 debates (per American opinion) to Dementia Joe or to Pre-dementia Joe?

Reactions: MrBing
Yes. Increasing polarization has reduced the magnitude of the bounce from national conventions over the last 20 years or so, but a bounce still tends to happen. I haven't carefully followed Trump's polling since the RNC, but I'll take your word for it that he got no bounce. If true, that's more than a little surprising, particularly since the convention immediately followed the assassination attempt, and there were millions of eyeballs on the RNC, particularly on Night 4.

The Dem convention this year will almost certainly feature star power that far exceeds what the GOP was able to produce in Milwaukee with Hulk Hogan and Kid Rock. (Where was Chachi?) I would expect that the final night will feature the Obamas, Clintons and Bidens sharing the stage at some point with Harris and Emhoff. That will be a made-for-TV moment that will blow the roof off of the United Center. I don't know how that wouldn't provide a bounce and a bump in her polling, but I guess we'll find out. Also, I agree that their debate(s), particularly the first one, will have a huge TV audience and could be significantly impactful.
Shocked they couldn't get Kevin Sorbo to attend. I doubt he has anything better to do and is a good enough actor to talk to an empty chair.

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
Kind like how McTurtle did when he stole a seat on the SC. Most people on both sides are for term limits on the Supreme Court and I don't know why anyone would be against enforceable ethics.
No one scrutinized Justices taking trips or term limits until spoiled brat Democrats started throwing a fit and smearing Republican appointees because for the first time in decades they felt like they didn't have a stranglehold on the Supreme Court.

Great speech, Great man. A man who loves his country. Aging is tough, people make fun of you if you don't walk fast or maybe slur your words. I just hope my wife and kids appreciate the life I led. GOD bless Joe Biden.

No one scrutinized Justices taking trips or term limits until spoiled brat Democrats started throwing a fit and smearing Republican appointees because for the first time in decades they felt like they didn't have a stranglehold on the Supreme Court.
white privilege

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT