ADVERTISEMENT

NY AG sues Trump and family for $250 million fraud

A

anon_6hv78pr714xta

NEW YORK — New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit Wednesday accusing former president Donald Trump, three of his grown children and executives at his company of flagrantly manipulating property valuations to deceive lenders, insurance brokers and tax authorities into giving them better bank-loan and insurance policy rates and to reduce their tax liability.

The 222-page civil complaint asks the New York Supreme Court to bar Trump, as well as Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump, from serving as executives at any company in New York, and to bar the Trump Organization from acquiring any commercial real estate or receiving loans from any New York-registered financial institution for five years.

It seeks to recover more than $250 million in what James’s office says are ill-gotten gains received through the alleged deceptive practices. While the lawsuit itself is not a criminal prosecution, James said she has referred possible violations of federal law to the Justice Department and the IRS.

and to bar the Trump Organization from acquiring any commercial real estate or receiving loans from any New York-registered financial institution for five years.
Woof, that's pretty much every big bank in the world. I'm sure the Russian banks will still supply loans. Although, anymore, is he really buying real estate or just cashing in on his branding?

Everyone on this thread that’s liberal pronoun people, GO Double F Yourself!

Woof, that's pretty much every big bank in the world. I'm sure the Russian banks will still supply loans. Although, anymore, is he really buying real estate or just cashing in on his branding?
Yeah, the grift of stupid people pays pretty well for him these days. He's not too far off from just saying he wants to remodel his home or buying a plane and asking the MAGA crowd to donate toward paying for it.

Reactions: zeke4ahs and larsIU
Yeah, the grift of stupid people pays pretty well for him these days. He's not too far off from just saying he wants to remodel his home or buying a plane and asking the MAGA crowd to donate toward paying for it.
Ohio Guy says all we need to know about you. Ohio people are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Dammit you just made a thought enter my mind which should have never come into existence.

Sonofa..
Summer-Popsicle-for-cc.jpg

?

Well, Trump is Christ. Now the rubes can quit donating to all the televangelists. Cut out the middle man and donate directly to Christ.

When he leaves politics, he can migrate to grifter preacher. I'm thinking it pays even more than "real estate tycoon"...Trump has his own plane, but not a fleet of jets and an airport...

All the US big banks quit doing business with Don the Con decades ago...long ago realizing he was....well, a con. This was way before his political life.

I think it got to the point where only Deutsche Bank was doing any of his business for the last many years.... but they also dumped him after Jan 6.

You really could use anger management.

Perfect opportunity for stoll to show he is unbiased....
Actually, and in all seriousness, today's NY suit against Trump is a perfect chance for Stoll to educate us all about the differences between an accountant's "audit," "review" and "compilation"
and when and how the client (and maybe not the accountant) becomes liable depending whether the accountant has performed an arguably-erroneous "audit," "review" or "compilation".

I'm sure a little-guy accountant like Stoll has been overlooked or even insulted and abused by the big boy accountants like Trump's old accounting firm (the international Mazars).

Stoll knows what I'm asking about. Give him a chance.

Edit to add link to the NY suit:

This will show how the accountant activities fit into the accusations against Trump.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark

NEW YORK — New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit Wednesday accusing former president Donald Trump, three of his grown children and executives at his company of flagrantly manipulating property valuations to deceive lenders, insurance brokers and tax authorities into giving them better bank-loan and insurance policy rates and to reduce their tax liability.

The 222-page civil complaint asks the New York Supreme Court to bar Trump, as well as Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump, from serving as executives at any company in New York, and to bar the Trump Organization from acquiring any commercial real estate or receiving loans from any New York-registered financial institution for five years.

It seeks to recover more than $250 million in what James’s office says are ill-gotten gains received through the alleged deceptive practices. While the lawsuit itself is not a criminal prosecution, James said she has referred possible violations of federal law to the Justice Department and the IRS.
Even Bill Barr who does not like Trump says this is nothing more than a total witch hunt. They got him now is not going to end the way the TDS crowd wants.

Reactions: Lucy01
So just to recap. Trump is currently under investigation for:

1. Seditious conspiracy/insurrection

2. Election tampering (in Georgia)

3. Theft of Top Secret government files.

4. Financial (bank, tax and insurance) fraud.

No Biggie.

Reactions: bawlmer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT