ADVERTISEMENT

Nuclear bomb explosion in Lexington!!!!!!

controlling-laugh-laughing.gif

I don’t read the UK boards … but have no trouble imagining their horror at a loss to Vandy Commodores in Nashville.

It was a 3 — 6 matchup … disappointing already for the ‘entitled’ Wildcats fans, as UK didn’t earn the top seed or even finish 2nd.

Vandy (#6) lead the whole second half after trailing most of 1st half of the game played in Nashville.

Vandy’s record was a respectable 20-13, 11-7 CONF, where Alabama dominated (instead of the Wildcats).

Technically it was a mild upset on a “neutral” home court in Vandy’s home town. But, it was emotionally huge for both fan bases.

Reactions: kkott
Vandy just beat them at Rupp recently. This was the final nail in the coffin for Cal unless they make a deep run in the NCAA tourney.

Reactions: TomEric4756
I don’t read the UK boards … but have no trouble imagining their horror at a loss to Vandy Commodores in Nashville.

It was a 3 — 6 matchup … disappointing already for the ‘entitled’ Wildcats fans, as UK didn’t earn the top seed or even finish 2nd.

Vandy (#6) lead the whole second half after trailing most of 1st half of the game played in Nashville.

Vandy’s record was a respectable 20-13, 11-7 CONF, where Alabama dominated (instead of the Wildcats).

Technically it was a mild upset on a “neutral” home court in Vandy’s home town. But, it was emotionally huge for both fan bases.
Overwhelmingly Kentucky fans in attendance. Road environment for Vandy. Big win.

Who cares? We won today. Let's focus on enjoying the rest of our season. No need to act like Purdont, worrying about big bro instead of enjoying the little time have left to watch Trayce play.

He's a once in a generation kinda kid. No one that good stays 4 years anymore. The NCAA is more likely to collapse and cease to.exist than we are to see another TJD. So, he might also be our last great player.

I never understand the IU fans here that breathlessly cite the UK program as what we should aspire to. I would rather have jock itch and food poisoning from bad mayonnaise for the rest of my life than IU try to copy that program. What a poster program for the problems with the five star recruiting system. The only thing that has saved Calipari from a load of rock salt in his butt (which is unfortunate) is Anthony Davis.

Meanwhile, Duke getting on a good roll in ACC. I bet they are paired up with IU as a 4/5 in the same region. Too good a storyline and ratings potential to pass up.

I never understand the IU fans here that breathlessly cite the UK program as what we should aspire to. I would rather have jock itch and food poisoning from bad mayonnaise for the rest of my life than IU try to copy that program. What a poster program for the problems with the five star recruiting system. The only thing that has saved Calipari from a load of rock salt in his butt (which is unfortunate) is Anthony Davis.
nba lockout allowing Terrance Jones to come back.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Big Blue Nutcases are turning on Cal and it is hitting them just how they sold their soul when he outsourced the program a decade ago. Zero connection to the campus or "university" in that time.

Big Blue Nutcases are turning on Cal and it is hitting them just how they sold their soul when he outsourced the program a decade ago. Zero connection to the campus or "university" in that time.
Pretty simple really. All those inbred, mouth-breathing, three-tooth hillbillies in those gravy-stained UK sweatshirts need to do is scrape together $40 million and Cal is history.

I think theyve known for some time. They are just seeing the water level rising to an uncomfortable level prior to them being fully underwater.

What good is a national player of the year and top 5 recruiting classes if you are losing in the first round of the tournament and also losing your first conf game?

Who cares? We won today. Let's focus on enjoying the rest of our season. No need to act like Purdont, worrying about big bro instead of enjoying the little time have left to watch Trayce play.

He's a once in a generation kinda kid. No one that good stays 4 years anymore. The NCAA is more likely to collapse and cease to.exist than we are to see another TJD. So, he might also be our last great player.
Interesting point about the ncaa collapse potential.
I think they might fit into the “too big to fail” group.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Vandy just beat them at Rupp recently. This was the final nail in the coffin for Cal unless they make a deep run in the NCAA tourney.
Cal has 3 or 4 top 10 recruits coming in. They'll give him another year. This is how he has successful teams... disappointing year followed by championship run. There's no Coach K or Roy Williams to compete with. He'll be getting #1 classes every year until Musselman goes to UNC.

Cal has 3 or 4 top 10 recruits coming in. They'll give him another year. This is how he has successful teams... disappointing year followed by championship run. There's no Coach K or Roy Williams to compete with. He'll be getting #1 classes every year until Musselman goes to UNC.
Except they didn’t make the tourney in 2021 and out first round 2022. They won’t make a deep run this year.

With the #1 recruiting class coming in they will wait & see what happens next season even if they lose in the NIT opener.
Very nice addition to your second ranked class for 2021/2022 and fifth ranked for 2022/2023. Great job-stay with it-keep on keeping on. Hardly any reason to play any college games next year-already decided. Calipari PLUS the top ranked recruiting class-the greatness gives me chills.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT