ADVERTISEMENT

Now that it's summer and I have some time off

IU40IU

All-American
Oct 31, 2007
time to get caught up on some shows I've been wanting to watch. Little late to the Netflix scene but I need something to do in between rounds of golf and kids games.

I've started watching Californication and Weeds. Should be an entertaining summer.
I really like the writing in Californication and the quality boobage doesn't hurt either. Never was much of a Duchovny fan he's pretty solid. Only a couple episodes into Weeds but it looks promising.

Any other suggestions? And please don't suggest House of Cards. I thought it sucked and gave up on it midway through season 1.

time to get caught up on some shows I've been wanting to watch. Little late to the Netflix scene but I need something to do in between rounds of golf and kids games.

I've started watching Californication and Weeds. Should be an entertaining summer.
I really like the writing in Californication and the quality boobage doesn't hurt either. Never was much of a Duchovny fan he's pretty solid. Only a couple episodes into Weeds but it looks promising.

Any other suggestions? And please don't suggest House of Cards. I thought it sucked and gave up on it midway through season 1.

Just binge-watched both of those series in recent months, and I was able to finish both but neither were as good as I anticipated. Weeds gets better for a couple seasons (peaks S3) and then is only mildly entertaining. Cali had some brief lulls but held it together for the most part until the very end, which was a trainwreck.

OrangeNewBlack is pretty good. It's a female version of Oz. Great stuff.

Helix is good. The Fall is good. Scandal is... similar to House of Cards, I guess.

I also recently watched Twin Peaks(1990, ABC) for the first time and was surprised how timeless it is. I enjoyed the randomness more than anything (small town killer thriller).

As for movies on Netflix that you may not have heard of, I recommend: Chef, Flu, City of God, Insidious 2, Babadook, Fist of Legend (way old but new to me) and I know they're not on Netflix but some obvious ones like Whiplash and Birdman need to be on your to-see list.

And I thought Exit Through the Gift Shop (documentary by Banksy) was really good.

How is anyone not a Duchovny fan? Baffling.

As for older shows, The Wire and Band of Brothers would be where I would start.

It's not Summer yet, and you're not getting an answer until it is.

Netflix original Bloodline. Binge watched it last month. Only one season so far but damn good, and it stars Kyle Chandler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT