ADVERTISEMENT

No more pass outs?

God bless the Mop Lady, but she’s getting stale. If nothing else, make a new video of the red bonnet lady in HD quality. I get flashbacks of Chesty potato chip commercials every time I see the Ch 4-like (lack of) quality. I resist my urge to jump out of my seat to adjust the rabbit ears.

The best team entry music I’ll always contend was when they played Streets With No Name (U2) while the team did an Irish jig in the tunnel. Of course, it helps that it was the Zeller/Olidipo years. The pregame excitement level has been noticeably muted these last few years. If only they would put abraxis in charge, things would be different…a new level of anticipation with excitatory festivities unleashed. Crank up the tribal beat, anonymous DJ man, with Paint It Black! (black as night).

Edited add on…Another thing that needs to go is the band’s inevitable “Wipe Out”. Oh, for sure, every aging Baby Boomer has a special place in their heart for the drum solo, but come on, Man, mix up the entertainment a little. It seems like they’ve been playing that song at IU games since the Ventures released it in ‘63. Samo samo. I like surprises.

Well..., as many of us have been saying: "All we need is a Bison Mascot"... 😉

1. Jump Around - Wisconsin
2. Enter Sandman - Virginia Tech (choose one intro and stick with it)
3. Iowa crowd wave to the hospital
4. Twelfth Man towel wave at Texas A&M
5. Penn State white outs
6. More Cow Bell at Mississippi State
7. Army-Navy prisoner exchange
8. The Baylor Line - freshman student tradition
9. Utah - MUSS instructions on what students are to do on specific downs, offense and defense
10. Georgia - 4th quarter lights.

Also, witness the numerous schools that have card sections and roll out giant flags provided by the university.

What's on your list does what for you?
The big two in the big ten doesn't seen like they made your list AND, maybe, just maybe, it because they win.
So let's just get IU to winning and forget the fluff!
I believe CCC is the guy to do that.

He’s meaning the under 8 minute timeout, William Tell Overature.
Ah, college basketball’s greatest timeout…now reduced to college basketball’s greatest time to take a piss before hitting the road.

Now, I see things perfectly clear. Thanks for the enlightenment.
“Turn on, tune in, drop out!” ~ Tim Leary, his face at first just ghostly, dead at age 75

“Along the coast you’ll hear them boast
About a light they say that shines so clear.
So raise your glass, we’ll drink a toast
To the little man who sells you thrills along the pier. “ (Insert modulating Mellotron as the ceiling falls away)

Well..., as many of us have been saying: "All we need is a Bison Mascot"... 😉
A bison might be a little too hard on the hardwood surface…and then there’s always the hardwood “apples” in spontaneous deposition, “apples” never meant for human consumption.

Reactions: vesuvius13
That’s funny because the marching hundred performs it at least one Colts game every year. When I lived in Houston, they would have college vans performance halftime also. That was a long time ago and may not happen anymore, but it was definitely the case at one point.

Here’s the thing, if you want to be an NFL fan, there’s nothing keeping you from doing that. A lot of people that enjoy college football enjoy it because it’s not the NFL. They don’t want it to be the NFL. Because then it just becomes a lesser version of the NFL

You said the Marching Hundred performs at at least one Colts game every year?.....

Uhm, as a 41 year Colts season ticket holder, every season the Colts have been in Indy, I don't recall ever seeing the Marching Hundred play at a game... Okay, maybe, just maybe, they did play at a game back in the late 80s-early 90s but I for sure don't recall them being at a game at any time since the move to LOS>......

And, as for marching bands as entertainment at pro or even college football, they play at games more for the band members and their family and friends than the fans.... I find them pretty boing and I don't think I'm in the minority....

I'd rather watch a good 'ole frisbee dog show or 7 years olds playing a Little League football game, or the team mascots having a 'rastlin' match at halftime over a marching band any day... 😁

You said the Marching Hundred performs at at least one Colts game every year?.....

Uhm, as a 41 year Colts season ticket holder, every season the Colts have been in Indy, I don't recall ever seeing the Marching Hundred play at a game... Okay, maybe, just maybe, they did play at a game back in the late 80s-early 90s but I for sure don't recall them being at a game at any time since the move to LOS>......

And, as for marching bands as entertainment at pro or even college football, they play at games more for the band members and their family and friends than the fans.... I find them pretty boing and I don't think I'm in the minority....

I'd rather watch a good 'ole frisbee dog show or 7 years olds playing a Little League football game, or the team mascots having a 'rastlin' match at halftime over a marching band any day... 😁
Turns out we're both wrong. The annual trips stopped for the Marching Hundred about a decade ago, but they played annually in the late 2000's and as recently as 2011, plus the Colts had South Carolina State play at halftime of a 2022 home game. They also played (probably pre-game?) at the 2012 Super Bowl. So yeah, you missed quite a few performances from them since the turn of the century at COlts games. Or Clots games, as I refer to them as.

I'd say you're in the minority on preferring frisbee dogs to even a decent college marching band, but that's just my hunch...another hunch would be that you've never been to a game with a big time college marching band.

Turns out we're both wrong. The annual trips stopped for the Marching Hundred about a decade ago, but they played annually in the late 2000's and as recently as 2011, plus the Colts had South Carolina State play at halftime of a 2022 home game. They also played (probably pre-game?) at the 2012 Super Bowl. So yeah, you missed quite a few performances from them since the turn of the century at COlts games. Or Clots games, as I refer to them as.

I'd say you're in the minority on preferring frisbee dogs to even a decent college marching band, but that's just my hunch...another hunch would be that you've never been to a game with a big time college marching band.

The last sentence makes me LOL!!..... I hope you don't take your "hunches" to Vegas..... Almost 40 years working on nationally televised sports broadcasts.... Surrrrrre, I've never been to a game with a big time college marching band..... LOL!...

BTW, can you document where you got your info about the Marching Hundred playing at those Colts games.... I honestly don't remember them playing at Colts games, especially in the early 2000s.... BTW, in those 41 years I've only missed a handful or so of games.....

Funny though, I do remember the SC State band playing in 2022.... but, they were easy to remember since, compared to the Marching Hundred, they are entertaining.

Last edited:
What's on your list does what for you?
The big two in the big ten doesn't seen like they made your list AND, maybe, just maybe, it because they win.
So let's just get IU to winning and forget the fluff!
I believe CCC is the guy to do that.
I like coordinated stuff where it looks like the university is organized at what they do. Penn State can get 109,000 people to all wear white. Card sections are cool.
One guy in a gorilla suit at Assembly Hall doesn’t cut it for me. I like the winning AND the fluff because at most universities, they are tied at the hip.

The last sentence makes me LOL!!..... I hope you don't take your "hunches" to Vegas..... Almost 40 years working on nationally televised sports broadcasts.... Surrrrrre, I've never been to a game with a big time college marching band..... LOL!...

BTW, can you document where you got your info about the Marching Hundred playing at those Colts games.... I honestly don't remember them playing at Colts games, especially in the early 2000s.... BTW, in those 41 years I've only missed a handful or so of games.....

Funny though, I do remember the SC State band playing in 2022.... but, the were easy to remember since, compared to the Marching Hundred, they are entertaining.
The MH history looks to have to be pieced together from a variety of sites, but their wiki page and an IU blog both had separate appearance dates at Colts games, starting in 2006. There are at least a half dozen dates specifically mentioned on the various sites I saw, so how you managed to miss all of those, I don't know.

So you'd take frisbee dogs over TBDBITL or Wisconsin or LSU? I mean, I guess we all have tastes, we just don't all have good taste.

I like coordinated stuff where it looks like the university is organized at what they do. Penn State can get 109,000 people to all wear white. Card sections are cool.
One guy in a gorilla suit at Assembly Hall doesn’t cut it for me. I like the winning AND the fluff because at most universities, they are tied at the hip.
I get you prefer more, and that's fine, but in fairness to IUBB, we had a stripe out and a white out last year. Both looked good. IUBB usually does some sort of coordinated colors once or twice per year IIRC.

Last edited:
Ah, college basketball’s greatest timeout…now reduced to college basketball’s greatest time to take a piss before hitting the road.

Now, I see things perfectly clear. Thanks for the enlightenment.
“Turn on, tune in, drop out!” ~ Tim Leary, his face at first just ghostly, dead at age 75

“Along the coast you’ll hear them boast
About a light they say that shines so clear.
So raise your glass, we’ll drink a toast
To the little man who sells you thrills along the pier. “ (Insert modulating Mellotron as the ceiling falls away)
Do we have an exodus problem at the 8 min mark? I have not noticed that

Our fans are so bad that I’m not convinced that is true.
You are a good fan if you show up on game day. I don't know why you would come to the game and not see some of the game, but that is just me. If you are tailgating or on the grounds, you are helping to create a fun atmosphere.

Empty stands and empty parking lots are depressing. Let's fill them both up and create a reason to come inside the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT