ADVERTISEMENT

NIT

choptalk

All-American
Aug 5, 2002
Assuming that IU doesn't win the BTT, will they accept a bid to the NIT? Haven't seen anything on that. It seems like it would be a good idea unless they are truly going to let Crean go.

Assuming that IU doesn't win the BTT, will they accept a bid to the NIT? Haven't seen anything on that. It seems like it would be a good idea unless they are truly going to let Crean go.
It wouldn't be wise to play. They truly need to get rid of CTC at end of season and start the coaching search immediately and hopefully secure some players they already have.

I think they may still need to win two games to get invited, maybe three. If they do get a bid, they should start Priller. It's almost funny we're talking about missing the NIT. Maybe the IHSAA will let them play in the Indy sectional. What a joke

I am ready to get on with the next chapter. I understand that there are likely financial reasons to take the bid but the way the season has ended, I am not sure that ticket sales will be that robust. I would like to give everyone as much time as possible to move on. Let the coaching staff work on getting their next jobs and get someone in here early to try and save as much of the existing roster while building for the future.

I think they may still need to win two games to get invited, maybe three. If they do get a bid, they should start Priller. It's almost funny we're talking about missing the NIT. Maybe the IHSAA will let them play in the Indy sectional. What a joke

Or part ways with Crean and compete in the NIT under the rest of the staff with one of the assistants stepping up to interim HC.

Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
I saw something a few weeks back that said Indiana would take the NIT bid and I think they are actually obligated to participate unless they make the NCAA tournament. This doesnt guarantee they get an NIT bid though. I think Crean should be let go and start the search immediately. A coach like Archie Miller could get bounced early from NCAA tourney and get snatched up while we are playing kiddie ball in the NIT with Crean.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
The Indy star reported that Glass said they would accept an invite to the NIT. I think once Missouri is out of the SEC tourney, they fire Anderson, Crean gets hired, then things will pick up steam. JMO or assumption or whatever else. No facts to back it up.

I saw something a few weeks back that said Indiana would take the NIT bid and I think they are actually obligated to participate unless they make the NCAA tournament.
I think that's the case. I believe the NIT is actually an NCAA sponsored event nowadays, and participation is required. BICBW.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
I can't see them getting an NIT bid. They stated on TV the other day that in recent years, the worst record for an NIT team was four games over .500. I don't see IU hitting that mark.

Reactions: Sope Creek
I can't see them getting an NIT bid. They stated on TV the other day that in recent years, the worst record for an NIT team was four games over .500. I don't see IU hitting that mark.
I wonder if TV ratings would have an influence? IU bball gets good ratings and that might be a factor.

Crean is staying I hope. He is getting a bad rap. Just won the B1G title last year.

I rescind my post. I just saw where Geno Auriemma had been spotted in the Indy airport and was heading to Bloomington. He'd be a great hire.

Can we stop with the if IU wins the big ten tourney. Crean has never won more than one game each year in the btt and this team is not winning five game in a row. It is simply not happening.

Hoo hoo hoosiers!

Rather have Crean than Archie Miller....what a train wreck that would be.
Yeah please explain? Archie has taken Dayton to 4 straight NCAA appearances first time in school history. Has an elite 8 at Dayton, beat Syracuse something Crean can't do. What am I missing? Has a hot wife

Per the admins of this site, every program agrees or declines playing in the NIT prior to the season. Word is IU agreed if invited then. So if they receive a bid, they will play. I did not realize this was the process now as well.

I rescind my post. I just saw where Geno Auriemma had been spotted in the Indy airport and was heading to Bloomington. He'd be a great hire.
I just heard he is currently in Nick's eating a double sausage pizza and drinking a beer.

Reactions: Hooptdooz
if Indiana loses at Ohio State, they will have lost nine of their last 11 games. I do not think a team with record like that deserves to go to the NIT.

if Indiana loses at Ohio State, they will have lost nine of their last 11 games. I do not think a team with record like that deserves to go to the NIT.
Not only that but the two wins were not even good wins. They were last second time miracles.

Crean is staying I hope. He is getting a bad rap. Just won the B1G title last year.

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

I heard that she told her agent that it was merely her secret pad and her agent was instructed not to tell Geno.

I heard it is coming down to Geno and Billy. They have to play a one on one game in front of Fred and the winner gets the job. If it ends up a tie they do vodka shots until the first one passes out the loser.

Per the admins of this site, every program agrees or declines playing in the NIT prior to the season. Word is IU agreed if invited then. So if they receive a bid, they will play. I did not realize this was the process now as well.

Insightful. I was wondering about the obligations involved with the NIT and this seems to have answered it. Thanks

Reactions: Hoogolf
One NIT bid is lost because the #1 seed in the OVC Belmont lost in the semi final of the conference tournament. Also last time I saw Winthrop the #1 seed in the Big South was losing in the conference tournament. I don't really care if we make the NIT or not but when the regular season champs lose in the conference tournaments it takes bids away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT